Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Changes-NCAA Football

I'm not one to say whether the people who made the coaching claims were delusional, misinformed or just guessing. Delusion usually carries the connotation that they are in possession of evidence to the contrary but they refuse to accept it. During the coaching search last year, most people seemed to be dealing with a lack of information and/or inaccurate ingormation and drawing invalid assumptions.

My word was "moron" which carries a connotation of mental impairment. The ags who believe their program presents a highly attractive opportunity to Muschamp are morons.

LOL...agree, but struggling with why the Auburn opportunity is more attractive than aggie

AL aggie > TX aggie?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aggy sites are full of morons.   Kevin Sumlin has a program that barely got edged out at the last moment for the Fulmer Cup this past summer. If Sumlin doesn't do something spectacular soon, he is

Yeah, I offered Kate Upton an open invite to my place anytime, too.  Doesn't mean she's interested. 

LOL  

LOL...agree, but struggling with why the Auburn opportunity is more attractive than aggie

AL aggie > TX aggie?

Auburn has better players and just needs a chessmaster to build a scheme around their talent. Aggy is a three year project where the DC has much less talent and Snyder hasn't developed what's there. Two totally separate situations. If Muschamp goes to Auburn, he will be able to recruit because even though Muschamp would probably only stay one year, the recruit would learn a lot and see how his system works. If Muschamp went to aggy, every other school could negative recruit against him because one year at aggy wouldn't give Muschamp time to install his system and the recruit would be taking his chances who would come in after Muschamp. Aggy has to find a hot DC coming out of a midmajor who needs three years of so at a large program. Muschamp or Venables will be one and done at aggy. Sumlin has to find someone who will commit to three years.

I'm not one to say whether the people who made the coaching claims were delusional, misinformed or just guessing. Delusion usually carries the connotation that they are in possession of evidence to the contrary but they refuse to accept it. During the coaching search last year, most people seemed to be dealing with a lack of information and/or inaccurate ingormation and drawing invalid assumptions.

My word was "moron" which carries a connotation of mental impairment. The ags who believe their program presents a highly attractive opportunity to Muschamp are morons.

a most tortured explanation to separate the UT pie-in-the-sky hopefuls from our ag friends, but OK.

I'd guess muschamp at 50-1 is better than saban at no chance. Am I a moron?

this site said saban was 100% and others claimed harbaugh or gruden were legit.

Moral...all fan sites are delusional.

Or in some cases, fans become bitter when someone changes their mind or plans. So bitter than even other things they know happened, somehow didn't happen after all in their minds.

It's almost like watching a child who is denied the impulse buy of candy at the register. Except, the kid gets over it.

AL aggie > TX aggie?

Auburn has won a title that most everyone watched happen.

Aggy has titles they made up during the off season.

You can make your own call.

Now that the Hoke news is official, A&M should be going after Mattison (Michigan's D.C.). He's not the splash that Muschamp is, but he'd do a heckuva job. Besides, A&M doesn't need a splash, they need a defense,

Auburn and S. Carolina also looking for DCs.  As is Wash St, (not that they matter.)  I'm sure there are some others as well that will come open. 

Aggie is in a tough spot right now. 

Auburn and S. Carolina also looking for DCs.  As is Wash St, (not that they matter.)  I'm sure there are some others as well that will come open. 

Aggie is in a tough spot right now. 

Is the Pirate safe up there? Had a rough finish after losing that QB. Back up didn't look very promising. And yea, they need defense in the worst way. I thought Leach would be further along.

Is the Pirate safe up there? Had a rough finish after losing that QB. Back up didn't look very promising. And yea, they need defense in the worst way. I thought Leach would be further along.

Pirate is very safe.  WSU doesn't fire coaches except like once every three decades, W/L record be damned.  He will be just fine.  It's just a slow process.

Auburn didn't waste any time. As per their Rivals site, they offered Muschamp the DC job.

Did he accept?

Report: Will Muschamp Offered Auburn Defensive Coordinator Job

by Jack Jorgensen

1h ago

The Auburn Tigers have reportedly extended an offer to Will Muschamp to run the defense on the Plains. 

The Auburn Tigers are in need of a defensive coordinator, and apparently former Florida head coach Will Muschamp is on the top of their list. According to a report Wednesday from AuburnSports.com, the Tigers have already extended an offer to Muschamp and he is seriously considering taking the deal.

At this time, the terms of the offer have not been disclosed.

After giving up over 50 points to Alabama in their Iron Bowl loss, Auburn parted ways with defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson. However, it wasn’t just that one game that did him in, rather it was the ineffectiveness of the defense virtually the entire season.

Muschamp coached his last game as the head coach of Florida this past Saturday in the loss to rival Florida State. When word came out a few weeks ago that he would not be returning to Gainesville as the head coach, the speculation was that he would go back to what made him a hot name in the first place, and that’s coordinating a defense.

One thing is for sure and that’s while the terms of the offer haven’t been made public, this is going to be a lucrative one, given what a hot commodity Muschamp is as a defensive coordinator.

http://fansided.com/2014/12/03/will-muschamp-auburn-defensive-coordinator-offered/

Auburn didn't waste any time. As per their Rivals site, they offered Muschamp the DC job.

IMO, South Carolina is a better fit for Coach Boom.

He can be Spurrier's "Associate HC/DC" and be well-positioned to inherit the throne soon when the Ol' Ball Coach retires. Gamecocks offense is more pro-style, too, so his D probably won't be on the field as long.

Anyone but aggie

IMO, South Carolina is a better fit for Coach Boom.

He can be Spurrier's "Associate HC/DC" and be well-positioned to inherit the throne soon when the Ol' Ball Coach retires. Gamecocks offense is more pro-style, too, so his D probably won't be on the field as long.

Anyone but aggie

True, BUT.....when Spurrier retires, there's no reason Muschamp cannot throw his name in the hat for that job at that time, regardless of where he goes now.

Also, keep in mind that he has several ties to Auburn, from relatives attending school there, to (I believe,) a brother that coaches HS in/near Auburn, a mom that lives near there, his wife likes Auburn, and (I believe,) he has a home in or near Auburn.   Finally, Auburn has a large checkbook and from what I understand they're not afraid to open it on up and start writing 0's.

I'd call them the clubhouse leader at this point. 

Aggy fans seem to be pretty confident they are in serious contention for muschamp

They are also confident that:

• They run this state
  • They've won more National Championships than just 1939.
  • The only reason they're not playing us in any sport during regular season is because we are scared of them.
  • Sheep enjoy their company.
  • There are no off-the-field problems with their football team.
  • Their dead dogs can actually see the scoreboard above their graves.
  • Their stadium is always full, regardless of the empty seats shown on TV.
  • A jar of jizz is somehow a sign of strength to beat Texas.
  • Their "traditions" are not cult-ish.
  • They never leave early from their games.
  • They are God's gift to ________ (insert any subject)
  • People are impressed with class ring tapping.
  • Squeezing one's nuts during a game helps their team win.
  • Whooping and Hissing are acceptable forms of response in public places and houses of worship.

Feel free to add, as I'm 100% positive I've missed a few. 

Nonetheless, their confidence has a history of being misplaced. It's a pattern.

They are also confident that:

• They run this state
  • They've won more National Championships than just 1939.
  • The only reason they're not playing us in any sport during regular season is because we are scared of them.
  • Sheep enjoy their company.
  • There are no off-the-field problems with their football team.
  • Their dead dogs can actually see the scoreboard above their graves.
  • Their stadium is always full, regardless of the empty seats shown on TV.
  • A jar of jizz is somehow a sign of strength to beat Texas.
  • Their "traditions" are not cult-ish.
  • They never leave early from their games.
  • They are God's gift to ________ (insert any subject)
  • People are impressed with class ring tapping.
  • Squeezing one's nuts during a game helps their team win.
  • Whooping and Hissing are acceptable forms of response in public places and houses of worship.
Feel free to add, as I'm 100% positive I've missed a few.

Nonetheless, their confidence has a history of being misplaced. It's a pattern.

They act like they are a top tier program. They've had one "decent" season in 20 years and act like they've won multiple titles. Oh but next year is their year! Give me a break.

Jim McElwain to FL looks like it is close to a done deal.