Find results in...

Coaching Changes-NCAA Football

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aggy sites are full of morons.   Kevin Sumlin has a program that barely got edged out at the last moment for the Fulmer Cup this past summer. If Sumlin doesn't do something spectacular soon, he is

Yeah, I offered Kate Upton an open invite to my place anytime, too.  Doesn't mean she's interested. 

LOL  

OU promoted Montgomery to Co-DC, so I guess Mike is staying. There was an article the other day quoting a sooner booster who said that TCU and Baylor have really hurt OU in recruiting. I'd say that is accurate. They are also hoping to get Jabba back as OC.

No surprise here, either.

• Ft. Worth > Norman
  • Waco vs Norman is a push, but Briles relationships with TXHSFB coaches and new facilities have been a boon for the Bears!

I think we have to fill the vacated coaching positions prior to the end of next week. I think with the uncommitted recruits out there, obviously the WR coach is of #1 priority. No idea how it plays out, just hope it happens soon enough to give guys on the fence time to meet whoever it is before commitment time.

Still think talks heat up with Brewster after the NC game on Monday.

Breaking - Not NCAA, but a coaching change nonetheless.

Dallas Skyline head coach Reginald Samples has accepted the head coaching position at Duncanville. 

DeSoto lost Claude Mathis to SMU, now Duncanville makes a big hire. This might become an actual rivalry again.

Hearing a lot more buzz along the same lines of the tweets that Juan posted regarding Tony Levine. One of my clients knows the family and said there are some very interesting things going on, but would not say it is a done deal. Just that there were a lot of talks, from what he knows.

I am about as far from being an insider as anyone, so just passing second hand information.

Breaking - Not NCAA, but a coaching change nonetheless.

Dallas Skyline head coach Reginald Samples has accepted the head coaching position at Duncanville. 

DeSoto lost Claude Mathis to SMU, now Duncanville makes a big hire. This might become an actual rivalry again.

Duncanville's definitely got the athletes.

I was surprised that Jeff Dicus struggled so badly there. Of course, I wondered why he ever left Lake Travis in the first place. Rumor is he was sparking one of the MILFs.

Chip says that Tony Levine hasn't even spoken with Strong yet.
Strong is probably going to annual coaches' convention (MNC game) and will likely talk to coaches there.

Yep, GoBR has an interesting blurb on that on BON.

There is probably a reason Chippy bounces around so much.  When he talks about sports, he's fine to listen to on the drive in, but I already know most of what he has to say.  

Besides,  I'm usually hitting the other station buttons because Chippy, Bucky and their sidekicks waste so much time on movies, music and other crap not sports related.

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

-- Horns247 has been told that Texas head coach Charlie Strong has interest in Shane Beamer for the Longhorns’ special teams/tight ends assistant job. Beamer is currently the running backs/assistant head coach for his father Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech.  Beamer joins former Houston head coach Tony Levine and former USC special teams coach John Baxter as the leading candidates for Texas' opening.  In the past, Beamer coordinated special teams for two seasons at South Carolina. His father is also widely considered one of the best special teams minds in the country.  We are told Beamer, Baxter and Levine are not the only coaches under consideration for the role. Former and current NFL assistants have also been examined.

-- We continue to be told that USC assistant Tee Martin is not a candidate for the open wide receiver position at Texas. In fact, the exact quote was, "not gonna happen."

--  We're told that there are a "few" more candidates for the wide receiver position other than the two Horns247 has confirmed, which are South Florida's Ron Dugans and Ted Gilmore, formerly of the Oakland Raiders. From what sources have said, Dugans would likely be ahead of Gilmore in that pecking order, but Strong continues to look for a dynamic recruiter with ties to either Houston or Dallas for the role.

--  Another coach who continues to be mentioned for the special teams/tight ends role by various reports is Derek Lewis, a former Texas player and, most recently, the tight end coach at Florida. According to a source close to the situation, Lewis is "trying like hell" to get involved with the job opening. While Lewis would have some natural ties to the state of Texas in recruiting, he has never coordinated special teams. So he doesn't fulfill everything Strong is seeking in a candidate.