Find results in...

Coaching Changes-NCAA Football

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aggy sites are full of morons.   Kevin Sumlin has a program that barely got edged out at the last moment for the Fulmer Cup this past summer. If Sumlin doesn't do something spectacular soon, he is

Yeah, I offered Kate Upton an open invite to my place anytime, too.  Doesn't mean she's interested. 

LOL  

Here is Burton --

........Strong must fill two coaching positions on his staff -- wide receivers coach and tight ends coach. As Horns247 has mentioned in previous articles, the tight ends coach will also be the special teams coach.

There are three coaches Horns247 can confirm Texas is considering for the available positions.

For the tight end/special teams job, sources tell Horns247 that Texas is likely to interview former Houston head coach Tony Levine. We’re also told the Longhorns will interview John Baxter, most recently of USC, who has 25 years of experience coaching special teams.

At the wide receivers position, the only coach we can confirm at this time expected to interview is Ron Dugans of South Florida. Dugans coached receivers for Strong at Louisville.

Another coach who could garner consideration for the tight ends/special teams position is Jeff Genyk, who currently serves in the same role at Wisconsin.

While Horns247 previously reported Strong would pay little mind to hiring a coach with a foundation in Texas, it now appears at least one of the coaching hires will have those ties.

Levine certainly fits that description.

His first college coaching stint came at Texas State in 1997. He then spent time at Auburn, Louisville and with the Carolina Panthers before he went to Houston in 2008. Before he was elevated to Houston’s head coach for the 2012 season, Levine spent all of those years coaching either special teams, tight ends or both. Furthermore, he is well liked and respected by high school coaches in the Houston area.

Baxter, meanwhile, is a special teams coaching veteran. He’s spent the majority of his college coaching career spent at Fresno State with 13 seasons as special teams/tight end coach from 1997-2009. However, Baxter lacks serious ties to the state. Though, he is well known and liked by at least one current Texas staff member. Running backs coach Tommie Robinson coached at USC with Baxter.

Dugans is the odds-on favorite to land the wide receiver position, according to sources.......

MORE AT THE LINK -- http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Early-leaders-emerge-in-the-Texas-Longhorns-coaching-search-34465320

Here's something posted by "papa horn" from another site. He's no insider but connects the dots well.

There's a PC tomorrow at 11 am by Bob Stoops. I think we're going to be very interested in this PC.

"Something doesn't smell right coming out of Oklahoma. I know, what's new right? Seriously, it a little more funk than usual.

Here's what's being reported. He cuts short his Florida vacation to come back to Norman and have a meeting today with David Boren, the school president, not the Castiglione the AD, the President.

Then he schedules an "end of season" Press Conference for 11 AM tomorrow morning, something he has never done and eight days after their last game. Historically he has never had a PC to announce staff changes.

He also has a coaches meeting scheduled for Wednesday, so what is the meeting about if he is firing a third of his staff like some think.

Is he really firing assistants or is he maybe stepping down? It just seems weird for him to bypass the AD to talk to the Pres, and then schedule a PC that he hasn't previously done in his career and then follow that up with a coaches meeting that was scheduled at the last minute."

Here's something posted by "papa horn" from another site. He's no insider but connects the dots well.

There's a PC tomorrow at 11 am by Bob Stoops. I think we're going to be very interested in this PC.

"Something doesn't smell right coming out of Oklahoma. I know, what's new right? Seriously, it a little more funk than usual.

Here's what's being reported. He cuts short his Florida vacation to come back to Norman and have a meeting today with David Boren, the school president, not the Castiglione the AD, the President.

Then he schedules an "end of season" Press Conference for 11 AM tomorrow morning, something he has never done and eight days after their last game. Historically he has never had a PC to announce staff changes.

He also has a coaches meeting scheduled for Wednesday, so what is the meeting about if he is firing a third of his staff like some think.

Is he really firing assistants or is he maybe stepping down? It just seems weird for him to bypass the AD to talk to the Pres, and then schedule a PC that he hasn't previously done in his career and then follow that up with a coaches meeting that was scheduled at the last minute."

My guess is he's about to fire the OC and DC. 

I could be wrong, but would he have already fired assistants if he was stepping down? I do think some major changes are coming though. The thing that might get interesting is if OU makes a play for A&M's offensive coordinator (which there have been rumors). If OU gets Spavital they will land Murray. A lot of dominoes could start falling if certain coaches are fired/hired. 

My guess is he's about to fire the OC and DC. 

I could be wrong, but would he have already fired assistants if he was stepping down? I do think some major changes are coming though. 

Hard to say. Some very unusual circumstances, for sure.

It would be hard for me to believe Boren would fire Stoops only a few weeks away from NSD. That class, now at #16, would fall apart with very little time to recover anything.

But you're right, changes are acomin'

Hard to say. Some very unusual circumstances, for sure.

It would be hard for me to believe Boren would fire Stoops only a few weeks away from NSD. That class, now at #16, would fall apart with very little time to recover anything.

But you're right, changes are acomin'

OU is going to be a very interesting team next year, especially with the pressure clearly on Stoops. 

Much like us they have serious QB issues. This year they were lucky to have a very experienced offensive line, or their offense would have been a shit show much like ours. That offense could be very bad next year with a completely different offensive line and questionable QB play. There's no doubt they have some talented RBs, but that gets you nowhere if you have no offensive line. 

The other interesting thing is much like us, at the end of Mack's tenure, their recruiting has really fallen off. They haven't recruited horribly but they haven't been pulling top 10 classes. 2002-2010 OU was pulling in top 10 classes almost every year. Stoops no longer has the talent disparity that allows him to dominate IMO. 

Some interesting times ahead. I think Stoops is on a very short leash, and much like Mack I think he's dug a hole that's going to be difficult to get out of. I see serious roster issues and recruiting deficiencies. 

OU is going to be a very interesting team next year, especially with the pressure clearly on Stoops. 

Much like us they have serious QB issues. This year they were lucky to have a very experienced offensive line, or their offense would have been a shit show much like ours. That offense could be very bad next year with a completely different offensive line and questionable QB play. There's no doubt they have some talented RBs, but that gets you nowhere if you have no offensive line. 

The other interesting thing is much like us, at the end of Mack's tenure, their recruiting has really fallen off. They haven't recruited horribly but they haven't been pulling top 10 classes. 2002-2010 OU was pulling in top 10 classes almost every year. Stoops no longer has the talent disparity that allows him to dominate IMO. 

Some interesting times ahead. I think Stoops is on a very short leash, and much like Mack I think he's dug a hole that's going to be difficult to get out of. I see serious roster issues and recruiting deficiencies. 

Just thinking out loud here  . . . why wasn't that meeting with Castiglione? Castiglione on his way out?

I think Cast is one of the best in the biz, but Boren can be very difficult to work for. He meddles. Like in this case.

I heard about the Norvell firing a few days ago. I also heard that Heupel will be demoted to QB coach. With Mikey shopping LSU, you have to think he's going.

So that means new OC and new DC, at least.

Just thinking out loud here  . . . why wasn't that meeting with Castiglione? Castiglione on his way out?

I think Cast is one of the best in the biz, but Boren can be very difficult to work for. He meddles. Like in this case.

I heard about the Norvell firing a few days ago. I also heard that Heupel will be demoted to QB coach. With Mikey shopping LSU, you have to think he's going.

So that means new OC and new DC, at least.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the OC and DC are gone. I think Heupel might just get demoted, but his OC days are over with. 

There's entirely too much heat on Stoops, he has to make some type of change (whether it's the right or wrong move). 

Honestly, both Mike Stoops and Heupel deserve to be fired. 

True, but Levine's relationships and recruiting potential in Houston may trump X's and O's

Makes sense to me-- I notice alot of the 2016 top targets are Houston and area

I think I am just jealous other teams have TEs and know how to use them

Levine + TMartin?  That would not a bad exchange for Les and dead weight.  Heh

Also, here is David Gibbs, also of UH

He turned UH defense around

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

It was and is my opinion that aggie's move to the SEC will hurt OU's recruiting more than UT's.

I think that will be the case for the next few classes until the shine finally wears off on the aggie SEC hype. That may happen sooner rather than later, especially if OU can land Murray.