Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Changes-NCAA Football

Looks like aggy starts looking for a new DC today.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aggy sites are full of morons.   Kevin Sumlin has a program that barely got edged out at the last moment for the Fulmer Cup this past summer. If Sumlin doesn't do something spectacular soon, he is

Yeah, I offered Kate Upton an open invite to my place anytime, too.  Doesn't mean she's interested. 

LOL  

Aggy sites are saying muschamp or narduzzi. I hope not. I doubt that but aggy is the best team in football so they can hire whoever they want.lol

Aggy sites are full of morons.

Kevin Sumlin has a program that barely got edged out at the last moment for the Fulmer Cup this past summer. If Sumlin doesn't do something spectacular soon, he is going to get fired. The aggy athletics program had $90.0 mil in revenues last year, less than Kansas or Arkansas. Starting this year, they have to start paying out an extra $20 mil in debt service on their $350 mil in stadium debt. Their donors are tapped out after the SEC and Johnny CharacterRisk hoopla.

They have deep seated problems with the country club Sumlin has created. Sumlin is on the hot seat. They are going to be restricted financially. Why, when they have their pick of opportunities, would Narduzzi or Muschamp pick College Station?

imo, Muschamp would be a fool to take the A&M job, but one just never knows. If the Aggies have any sense at all, the next coach they fire will be Summy Bear. However, we know that our little bro' wasn't granted sense with their flagship status.

Muschamp's wife may weigh in on this.

Hook 'em!

College Station TX: The place where a coach's and a player's dreams go to die.

Aggy sites are saying muschamp or narduzzi. I hope not. I doubt that but aggy is the best team in football so they can hire whoever they want.lol

Yeah, I dont see Narduzzi coming close to taking the job unless it was the HC. MSU alum just ponied up 3 mill for an endowment to keep him there. That will put his salary north of 1 mill and given the given the shaky ground Sumlin is on I dont buy it.

Wherever muschamp goes he's bringing a top 10 defense with him. We just gotta hope it's not aggy. He does have recruiting ties here which makes this whole thing even scarier. I personally don't see why any top tier coach would go to college station, but that's just my opinion.

When Muschamp walked into Gainesville, he had to clean house to get rid of the country club character risks left over from Urban. That lack of depth was one of the big problems he faced at Florida. Because of his buyout, he is guaranteed $3.1/yr over the next two years.

A&M isn't going to pay him more than $3.1/yr, so money isn't the motivation to go to aggy. It is no secret Sumlin has used country club and character risk recruiting to build the aggy program. Does anyone really think Muschamp wants to take on another project program when the HC running the program has built a problem program like he took over at Florida? What's left to motivate Muschamp to go to aggy, his love of College Station?

Muschamp would be much better off going to SMU with Chad Morris for a year and waiting until a better option opens up in 2015. SMU allows him to work on Texas recruiting relationships to add to his Florida relationships. The alternative would be to spend a year doing studio work for ESPN to work on getting better known as an individual and letting recruits see another side of his personality.

No DC with options will want to clean up the mess Sumlin has on his hands. Guaranteeing Sumlin $5 mil/yr through 2019 was such a dumb thing for aggy to do. If things go poorly in 2015, his buyout will be $20 mil. They better pray ticket sales stay strong or they will have some serious money problems very soon.