Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Allen vs. DeSoto

Mike Roach

I've endured the shocked look on my wife's face when I told her i'd be gone about 13 hours today and now am coming to you live from AT&T stadium to bring you up to date coverage on a big slate of games today.  First of those is Allen vs. DeSoto.

Of course Aggie commit Kyler Murray plays at Allen as well as Greg LIttle, but Desoto has Tristen Wallace at quarterback and former prime prep player James Proche as at wide receiver.  Both teams have speed to boot and when they faced last season had a game come down to the wire.  The two schools have forged a bit of a rivalry over the years.

The referee just reprimanded the Allen band over the loudspeaker for playing while DeSoto was calling signals.  The Allen crowd kicked it up to 11 and caused a false start the next play.  Desoto gets a big play on a swing pass and a late hit penalty to take them down to the 12.

Joe Wickline needs to make it his personal mission in the next year to swing the commitment of Greg Little.  It will be extremely difficult but this kid is an absolute stud.  6'6 288 lbs and is built with no fat on him.  He is incredibly light on his feet with a great base and the ability to engage defenders in space at the second and third level.  Long arms and great in pass protection.

Postgame thoughts: Kyler Murray has a hell of an arm but struggled all day with a tough DeSoto pass rush and couldn't find his accuracy.  Bryce English was an absolute monster for DeSoto.  He collapsed the pocket at will.  Heartbreaker for DeSoto again at the hands of Allen.  Murray is definitely an exciting prospect but the questions I raised about his arm mechanics, touch, and accuracy during our Elite 11 coverage were on display today.