Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Florida's "coaching Board" .. .

echeese

If I were ranking the top 5 right now, it would be:

1. Freeze-Ole Miss (Hot commodity, successful season, good recruiter and offensive mind.)
  2. Stoops-Has skins on the wall, and would be going back to FL. 
  3. Morris-Think this is intriguing, but I feel FL wants a coach with HC experience.
  4. Graham-I think that the top 3 may not pan out for various reasons, and Graham is a guy with good O at ASU. 
  5. Rich-Rod-May be a fall-back plan if other 4 don't accept.

If I were ranking the top 5 right now, it would be:

• Freeze-Ole Miss (Hot commodity, successful season, good recruiter and offensive mind.)
  • Stoops-Has skins on the wall, and would be going back to FL.
  • Morris-Think this is intriguing, but I feel FL wants a coach with HC experience.
  • Graham-I think that the top 3 may not pan out for various reasons, and Graham is a guy with good O at ASU.
  • Rich-Rod-May be a fall-back plan if other 4 don't accept.

No Mullen? I would have thought he'd be at the top...unless the rumors of a falling out between he and UF's AD Foley are true.

No Mullen? I would have thought he'd be at the top...unless the rumors of a falling out between he and UF's AD Foley are true.

Football Scoop says that everyone they talk to say that there is something between Foley and Mullen. Don't look for this to happen. Sorry, I would post the link but my computer won't let me copy and paste on this board.

I try to learn from my mistakes and last year my mistake was ignoring that Vegas make Charlie Strong the favorite for the UT job. Vegas doesn't mess around when it comes to money, so my favorite for the Florida job is Mike Gundy.

Since Vegas made Gundy the favorite, that means that they have some kind of inside knowledge that Gundy is high on the list. Gundy makes sense since he's an offensive coach, experienced and getable. He turned the Tennessee job at the last moment (the same job Charlie Strong turned down) a couple of years ago and Florida is a better job and finally there is the fact that he's a man. 

Art Briles name is not even on the Florida Hot Board that Cheese linked....and for good reason. He is not going to leave Baylor...would not take the Florida job if offered..and especially would not take Michigan.

I don't understand why so many people think money is such a factor in these job considerations. Nor do I understand why folks don't think Baylor couldn't afford to step up to the plate to keep him if they had to. 

But a million dollars or 1.5 million wouldn't even come close to motivating Briles to leave.

The money deal reminds me of a mildly amusing quote from Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million".

Art Briles name is not even on the Florida Hot Board that Cheese linked....and for good reason. He is not going to leave Baylor...would not take the Florida job if offered..and especially would not take Michigan.

I don't understand why so many people think money is such a factor in these job considerations. Nor do I understand why folks don't think Baylor couldn't afford to step up to the plate to keep him if they had to. 

But a million dollars or 1.5 million wouldn't even come close to motivating Briles to leave.

The money deal reminds me of a mildly amusing quote from Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million".

The only reason I think Briles might be an option at Florida is because he's the antithesis of Muschamp. IMO Florida is looking for someone totally different. Muschamp is a young defensive guy. Briles is an older offensive guy. I really think Florida will go after an offensive minded coach. 

But bomb man. You and I aren't on the same page. I don't think Briles would take the Florida job if they got down on their knees and begged. He's happy ...very happy...at Baylor. And not going to leave. I get this information from a source that is VERY close to Art.

Could be the case. It won't prevent a team from going after him if they really want him. 

But bomb man. You and I aren't on the same page. I don't think Briles would take the Florida job if they got down on their knees and begged. He's happy ...very happy...at Baylor. And not going to leave. I get this information from a source that is VERY close to Art.

Agree. He's coached in Texas for 35 years, why would he want to go to Florida at 59. The Texas job made sense last year if he would have been offered the job. He's got a good deal at Baylor and the Texas high school coaches like him which I'm sure helps him in recruiting.