Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a little feedback upon malik's weekend aTm visit.. he loves their beautiful facilities!

monarch

1299319.jpg

4423476_orig.jpg

https://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=902&fid=500&style=2&tid=206672961&Page=2

please trust us malik.. the new TEXAS facilities renderings / concepts shall be forthcoming.

if it's the athletic facilities that you care about.. along with your magnificent athletic capabilities.. 

then please bare with us just a short while longer...

TEXAS shall deliver a sports facilities masterpiece!

quote from OB stalwart esoteric2112:

Esoteric2112
rr88.gif
Re: Brief update on Malik Jefferson following his A&M official visit

What he said I could share. Okay so A&M showed him a good time. He got to catch up with some guys and meet a few new ones. He was very impressed with their facilities (best part of the trip). He spent most of his time (except game time) with Sumlin which made him feel special. He didn't hang with Snyder very much. He said they have a lot of energy and have a good time during their warm ups and walk through. The campus was..... Nice. Their academic support wasn't as good as LSU. He said the feeling at the game was good in the first half (but not in the same universe as Texas/OU or LSU) but the crowd just disintegrated sometime in the 3rd quarter. He is very, very worried about how they looked on defense. Finally he was concerned that the Aggie players seemed not very troubled by losing. More accepting of it.

My takeaway is he loved their facilities. His relationship with Coach Sumlin is still very strong. But he has huge worries about the state and future of the defense. He is also troubled that the Aggies seem to be accepting of losses like this. It doesn't effect them.

He hasn't seen the Texas game yet. That is on the agenda for tomorrow if he can fit it in between film study.

I think LSU has made up ground at the expense of A&M. This was A&M's chance to lock him down and they couldn't do it. 

The facilities and his relationship with Sumlin (and the fact that Sumlin is as good of a snake oil salesman you will find) are the main things keeping A&M in this thing. The tide has turned from the aftermath of the firing of Diaz.

Below are my thoughts culled together from talking to him, not direct quotes:

LSU has great academic support, a history of success, putting guys in the NFL, and great defense. But distance and the fact he has no relationship with Miles and finds him a little eccentric are the drawbacks. LSU also had a game day experience that was like sitting in an electric chair (I reminded him electric chairs are deadly).

A&M has the best facilities and Sumlin is like a best friend to him. Plus someone close in his life (but not family close) being a huge Aggie. Finally they were playing from the lead, got a bump with the Auburn win, and Sumlin is a hell of a salesman (selling come here, play early, bring a couple of friends and with the young talent we have on offense we will make a run next year).

Texas has Coach Strong's reputation for defense, his ability to put players high in the draft, and his domination of some high powered BigXII offenses. Texas has the best game day experiences and the best educational opportunities. But Strong is selling come here, work hard, have a chance to play early, and be part of building a legacy. He and his family love Strong and he is used to coaches in the Strong mold. Texas facilities aren't on the level and they don't have the academic support LSU does. Texas has no significant win, and the offense looks very suspect sometimes and doesn't seem to have the talent that A&M does.

So there you have it. Texas continues to gain steam. LSU is coming on hard, and Aggie is fading. My feeling is that it is no longer a tossup.

If I had to bet $10,000 today, I would say Texas.

If Texas beats TCU (no matter how) or Texas gets him on campus, I get the feeling it is all over.

Tonight 50/30/20 Texas/A&M/LSU.
Texas Longhorns Class of 2004

11/16 10:35 PM | IP: Logged

just what in the HELL is taking our facilities renderings / concepts so very long to materialize?  if we could just present / illustrate something as per our recruits... just to show them that TEXAS is working hard at preparing them the best sporting facilities in the entire nation.  we just have NOTHING to show them!  all the while.. all of the other schools are now rolling out everything including their gold plated kitchen sinks....

Not worried at all.  One player doesn't make or break a class or team.

I'm sure Malik loved aggie's new facilities...who wouldn't?  Weary travelers love an oasis in the desert, too.

well i don't know jb!  i mean just think about it.. have you ever seen one particular player (recruit) acquiring such LOVE, DEVOTION, and utter ADULATION from practically every source imaginable?  i now see why he play's the recruitment game to such monumental form... heck everyone and their daddies, are now kissing up to this recruit for all that he shall carry with him come NSD.  i'd say that maybe we should be worried... it's the second coming!  right?

well i don't know jb!  i mean just think about it.. have you ever seen one particular player (recruit) acquiring such LOVE, DEVOTION, and utter ADULATION from practically every source imaginable?  i now see why he play's the recruitment game to such monumental form... heck everyone and their daddies, are now kissing up to this recruit for all that he shall carry with him come NSD.  i'd say that maybe we should be worried... it's the second coming!  right?

Yeah - Chris Simms  :blink:

Malik is a helluva talent, but LB is not a position I'm necessarily worried about.

CFS can develop defensive Back 7 talent like no other.  Turn high school safeties into OLB's (Edwin Freeman) - whatever it takes. I'm more concerned about getting quality O-Line and D-Line players.  It all happens up front.

just what in the HELL is taking our facilities renderings / concepts so very long to materialize?  if we could just present / illustrate something as per our recruits... just to show them that TEXAS is working hard at preparing them the best sporting facilities in the entire nation.  we just have NOTHING to show them!  all the while.. all of the other schools are now rolling out everything including their gold plated kitchen sinks....

Take a deep breath there monarch. Even if Texas was to come up with some kick ass renderings the 2015 class most likely wouldn't see any of it before their junior year at best. Little bits possibly but not a complete makeover.  

I do agree with you that the facilities need updating and they do make "some" difference in recruiting but if that's all that a recruit is concerned about, which I don't believe is the case with MJ, then Texas might want to take a second look at whether or not they have the intestinal fortitude to play here under CS.

Okay, I was going to save this for this week's "Crossfire" but I'll go ahead and share big news.

Been checking with all my sources (I have multiple sources) this morning and from what I can gather, M. Jefferson did visit A$M this past weekend. Some of my sources think things look good for Texas, some think it's A$M, some say don't count out L$U, and some are unsure at this point what he is going to do. He is also going to come out with a list of his top schools some time this week.

Oh, I almost forgot. According to my sources, Malik received a phone call prior to his playoff game last week that apparently motivated him play a very inspired game. The word on the street is that the coach was none other than one C. Strong.

The key thing to remember is that this a fluid situation. It could go any one of several directions. But no matter which way it goes, at least one of my sources will be right.

Saw that BMD friend of mine this morning.

I mentioned Malik to him. Said he had already heard the feedback from his pals on the dark side.

Seems they think they lost ground with Malik during the visit. Who would have thought a visit would cost them? That's aggy. Aggy shakers are ticked at Sumlin and the team due to MJ's comments afterwards regarding the locker room being very accepting of the loss.

So this is how I was told it's stacked up right now: Texas at about 65%, LSU at about 30% and Aggy at about 5%. The first two numbers can change but the last one is now pretty much done.

They do not want to play Texas in any bowl.

Saw that BMD friend of mine this morning.

I mentioned Malik to him. Said he had already heard the feedback from his pals on the dark side.

Seems they think they lost ground with Malik during the visit. Who would have thought a visit would cost them? That's aggy. Aggy shakers are ticked at Sumlin and the team due to MJ's comments afterwards regarding the locker room being very accepting of the loss.

So this is how I was told it's stacked up right now: Texas at about 65%, LSU at about 30% and Aggy at about 5%. The first two numbers can change but the last one is now pretty much done.

They do not want to play Texas in any bowl.

superb information / update mark!  next time you speak with said bmd.. please ask him about the current state of our facilities renderings / concepts... heck, any form of insight would be appreciated.

I believe the facilities is not that important with Malik. What is important is the fact that Texas has improved throughout the season under Charlie Strong's first season. While A&M has gotten worse under Sumlin's third season and the defense hasn't improved.

This is a terrible report if your an aggie. They kept him away from the DC which probably means their planning to fire him. Malik should worry about the future of the aggie defense since at this time he doesn't even know who the DC next year will be.

One last snippet I received today. I wasn't going to post it because I initially thought it was a worthless thing to post. But the more I think about it the more I think it's post-worthy, even though I can't provide a name. I was told under no circumstances should I do that.

Remember back when there was a late surprise on the recruiting front? How early recruiting kinda ended all that for most?

It's "likely" to happen this year.

Don't scratch your head much about the why or how. Apparently this has been brewing a while and would happen in late January or perhaps NSD.

One last snippet I received today. I wasn't going to post it because I initially thought it was a worthless thing to post. But the more I think about it the more I think it's post-worthy, even though I can't provide a name. I was told under no circumstances should I do that.

Remember back when there was a late surprise on the recruiting front? How early recruiting kinda ended all that for most?

It's "likely" to happen this year.

Don't scratch your head much about the why or how. Apparently this has been brewing a while and would happen in late January or perhaps NSD.

I'm going out on a limb here and say that this happens more years than it doesn't.

I'm going out on a limb here and say that this happens more years than it doesn't.

Can't recall the last time it's happened to Texas. Poona Ford was a holdover from Strong recruiting efforts at L'ville.

I'm not talking about the kid who has a press conference with three hats at the table. I'm talking about the kid who has three hats at the table and he chooses none of them. And if he wanted, he could put a few dozen hats at that table.

Shiro Davis?

We had been actively recruiting him to the point he came to us. We just didn't think he was coming. So in that sense, yea, it was a bit of a surprise.

Maybe I should clarify. The surprise is in that no one has ever really taken this particular recruitment seriously and it barely registers on the radar. That wasn't the case with Davis as we followed his recruitment through the process.