Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Uniform modification. Discuss.

I'm not sure why anyone is flipping out about minor uniform modifications as if this is a new thing. Texas has been making uniform modifications for the last twenty some-odd years. We had multiple uniform modifications last year that changed the look of our uniforms. Over-reaction to say the least.

bcherry is right, if we let that Nike camel get his nose under the tent with "subtle changes" before you know it, the damn camel is in the tent and we start seeing more "unsubtle changes".  I prefer the traditional look, but I understand others want the subtle changes.  As for the decal, GBT is right, the steer has become more brown than burnt orange - probably so the contrast with the white helmet shows up better on TV?  I too would prefer the sticker go back to a closer shade of burnt orange....

You laugh now, just like traditionalists at other schools once did.  Now they weep.

It must me wonderful to be young and naive.

I wouldn't say that I am naive, I lol'd, because I don't think having an alternative jersey/uniform is a bad thing....it's as if there's no way to keep tradition and dare I say it....add new traditions and ideas into the fold here and there. 

I celebrated Christmas one way growing up, my fiance celebrated another way (that way was mostly freezing in Michigan)....together we have merged the two...Maybe the die hard traditionalist need to give just a bit on this one...it's the same team you love...I don't think anyone wants to scrap Texas' traditional uniform all together. 

that's why I laughed out loud....and I know in the grand scheme of things 27 isn't very old, but I have played four years of college football, and a few months away from coaching football in Texas, so I would say I have an understanding inthe area of football...at least a pretty good one. 

• Administrators

Remember Bedford:

"Absolutely, 100% NO! We're the University of Texas.

I mean, if a uniform is going to make you a player - I think when we wear our Whites, it's as pretty as any uniform out there.

When the University of Texas walks out there, with that logo and that uniform, you know who they are. If you look at USC's uniforms, you know who they are. If you look at Notre Dame, you know who they are.

It's nothing personal. I just don't need all that stuff. I'm just an old school guy. I'm not a young guy that needs all that stuff to say, 'Yeah, this is who I am.'

Give me the nice, clean-cut stuff and let's go play football."

Remember Bedford: "Absolutely, 100% NO! We're the University of Texas. I mean, if a uniform is going to make you a player - I think when we wear our Whites, it's as pretty as any uniform out there. When the University of Texas walks out there, with that logo and that uniform, you know who they are. If you look at USC's uniforms, you know who they are. If you look at Notre Dame, you know who they are. It's nothing personal. I just don't need all that stuff. I'm just an old school guy. I'm not a young guy that needs all that stuff to say, 'Yeah, this is who I am.' Give me the nice, clean-cut stuff and let's go play football."

yes we hear your aaron.  however, please recall that every source that coach bedford mentioned... has hereby added subtle variations / modifications to their everyday uniforms.  and in one particular case (notre dame)... they have outright gorgeous new UNDER ARMOUR alternative uniforms altogether.  so apparently coach bedford is just running his mouth as usual.. and is highly misinformed... 

Is there a way to like a post multiple times?

Lol..to be fair he said he's old school..and loves the uniforms, like most people...the same line that was used already...and right before the old school line he said they changed the Horns on the helmet as a one time thing to give the guys some "juice"....giving confirmation to the idea that the player do get a little boost from it. 

Put it like this... Players boost>>Angry Fan who cheers after the first big play anyway. 

Strong indicated in his presser today that he wasn't going to change the uniforms. All about UT tradition.

oh really.. well they sure as heck had no problem changing up the LOUISVILLE CARDINALS uniforms!  louisville cardinal's football uniforms.. showcases many many variations.  i am most certain that louisville harbors a certain amount of tradition vs culture as well...  hypocrisy is certainly not warranted!