Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Uniform modification. Discuss.

• Administrators

i-love-it-m.png

i read about the new deep burnt orange metalic logo.. upon COLLEGE SPUN much earlier!

now this is what i have always been espousing about... keeping our strong and proud uniform tradition in tack.

albeit, adding subtle nuances / touches, along with cleaner qualitative lines throughout.

once nike gets their creative act together.. TEXAS, should always harbor one of the top uniforms upon the ncaa division !.

i-love-it-m.png

i read about the new deep burnt orange metalic logo.. upon COLLEGE SPUN much earlier!

now this is what i have always been espousing about... keeping our strong and proud uniform tradition in tack.

albeit, adding subtle nuances / touches, along with cleaner qualitative lines throughout.

once nike gets their creative act together.. TEXAS, should always harbor one of the top uniforms upon the ncaa division !.

we already do.

My objection is the slippery slope that begins with one subtle change.  I noticed the metallic decals immediately, and my first thought was, "oh, crap, here we go"!  One subtle change to soften a fanbase that loves their traditional uni's, particularly the whites, what's next.

We have an official school color.  Does the decal meet that color formulation?  Is it an improvement?  I don't think so.  Will it be tolerated by the fans?  Probably, but only because we are so pleased with Strong and all of the positive changes he has made in the program.  I sincerely doubt that Strong made the change since he doesn't even have the time to sleep  Bedford?  Surely you jest.  Patterson?  Probably.

Why would we let Steve Patterson change our uni's?  Why does he have more right to do so than any of us?  I think it is a bunch of BS.  A small change now, and what is to stop some idiot in the AD from outfitting us like our country cousins to the east?  Not a damned thing.  Say it with me.  ICE.  ICE.  ICE.  BLIIIIING & CHROME!

If they value the brand, then they should leave the damned thing alone.  It is, after all, the most recognized brand in College Football.  Why do the fools want to screw with success?  

I was surprised you asked for a reaction, Matt.  I loved the game, but I react strongly, emotionally to uniform changes.  I don't want our uni's changed.  We have classy uniforms, and I don't want our athletes dressed in the star wars clown suits other schools wear.  My goodness A&M has looked like absolute fools this year.

You the "official" color piece is always an interesting discussion. A few years back they (sports department) said that they have been tweaking the "official" colors every few years based on feedback from who I have no clue. I always thought that was interesting that they did that.

Not saying I am a fan of changing the "official" colors, but it seems that it has become a moving target. To be honest, we have not been truly burnt orange for a while. Heck just look across all of the fan sites, they all have a different idea of what burnt orange really is.

They other thing I will say is the whole "traditional" thing is funny as well. While I agree trying to say true to the clean traditional idea, if you actually look at the uniforms over the last 10,20,30+ years they really don't look a like.