Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Coach_B

BREAKING NEWS!!! Bevoball.com is being compromised by UT lawyers.

The University of Texas has sent Bevoball.com a letter stating that we must stop using the name Bevo in our name. Now we are forced with the decision of fighting and spending tens of thousands of dollars for the right to use the name or we must change our name.

Let us hear from you...

Here is the thing. I completely understand the University's position on wanting to protect the UT mark but seriously do they think people confuse this site with somehow being affiliated with the University? There is a disclaimer at the bottom of every page spelling it out. Either way we are still moving forward with bringing the latest news and discussion for Longhorn fans. A word of wisdom though - if you own a domain that currently has the word "Bevo" in it like hundreds and hundreds of other sites do then be afraid. ALso let it be known that even with this hiccup we still LOVE Longhorn sports and always will! Hook'em!

I am going to call bullshit on this. Have they sent letters to Shaggybevo.com or any other UT site? bevodepot.com, bloggingbevo.com, etc? This was a targeted deal in my opinion. Not sure why they are coming down on your site?

This is my own personal opinion. I think this was brought to the attention of Texas by one of our competitors. We have rocked the boat with the established pay sites by offering a site that gives the fans all their news and great interviews for FREE and the establishment doesn't like that. So they turned us in.

Horse shit either way you slice it. How can you trademark the name Bevo?

bevobook_lrg.jpg

Love my UT but difficult to understand why they would go after a fan site like this. Any attorneys here that can shed a little light?

In all seriousness, isn't there some way to transfer the hosting of the domain & site to a foreign service provider? I think you can also incorporate internationally and render yourself untouchable if you do it in the right country. Get someone smarter than me to look into it.