Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ketchum Suspended?

Lord Vader

Lots of internet tough guys in this thread.  Good way to ruin another Texas message board.

There's only one thing ruining this board. 

you don't like 'greasy mother' smack ?

I liked it so little I reported it which is the first time in my history on the world wide web that I've done anything like that. If I was in charge the trash would be in the landfill already.

Monarch, I'm thinking you did not see Longhorn Bob's full post. I was making fun of him,not you. You were the target of his post.

actually, no.. i did not have an opportunity to reference this bob guy's initial posting.  i am most certain that this is because when management became aware of it... they immediately edited it... because if it was extremely derogatory towards me... then need i say more...

also, i have been made aware that sflonghorn girl, is no longer a MOD upon this forum (although, she is still a premium member).  therefore, i am simply perplexed as to why she would present a query thread wide.. asking about what a particular member espoused upon a certain posting that was edited as per management?  as a former HS MOD, she should be completely aware and mindful of the tactics / strategies / processes, that management involves.. upon trying in earnest to keep the boards from becoming controversial / chaotic.  (i just cannot understand why she asked the question in the first place?)  also, bear19, if you were intimately aware of the conversation / posting submitted as per this bob guy... then why on earth did you throw it back out there for all to witness, knowing full well that management had already edited the initial posting?  you of all people should have known that once i became aware of it... that i was not going to place upon my face.. a "joker's smile".

additionally, what you obviously do not know at this point, is that once I DID BECOME AWARE of what you posted, i immediately submitted (two PM's to both aaron and matt) asking for them to please come into the thread and edit / erase what you had espoused regarding myself.  i tried to present you the benefit of the doubt, by trying in earnest to perform the most sensible thing in asking management to please take care of the problem immediately.  well, i waited, and waited, and waited, and waited.... i ventured back and forth into the thread itself to see if any action had been taken as per management.  i did see aaron's name at the bottom of the thread for quite some time... so i know that he had to have viewed it... but still no action.  therefore, i became quite incensed by this total lack of concern... and i took retaliatory action myself!  

texas_logo08.png

what ketchum espoused upon his twitter account, was extremely provocative.. not to mention mindless.

however, upon late last night, he issued an apology to all of us OB members.

i openly appreciate the very fact that ketchum, shows at times.. that he is just as human as all of us.. no matter how successful he has become.  we all make mistakes... it's all about how we arise from them.

i am a proud member as per the extremely successful OB.. and i am happy to stand with ketchum!

Monarch - I will respond to this comment, but if you continue to post in this format I will have to just pass over your comments.  That would be sad for me as I think, every now and then, you post something interesting. :P

Monarch - I will respond to this comment, but if you continue to post in this format I will have to just pass over your comments.  That would be sad for me as I think, every now and then, you post something interesting. :P

same here doc longhorn... please sir, just go ahead and perform what you have to perform.... heck, i just do not care anymore....

Well, as an old fart, I have learned many things.  One thing I have learned is the human species will NEVER eliminate prejudism.  Ever!

People will be prejudiced against fat people, skinny people, black/brown/ yellow/ white and beige people.  We will hate, tall, short, smart, dumb, democrat, republican, Christians atheist, Muslims, Hindus, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.

It's in our nature - it always has been and it always will be.  Racism is just the 21st century hate Du jour.

I am, for instance, extremely upset with the Catholics - even though my daughter married one.  In the 17th century, my ancestors were run out of France because the Catholics were persecuting and killing them as protestants..  This is unforgivable and prejudism in it's rawest form.

Some of you lawyers, on here, should be able to tell me how I can sue our gov't for compensation.  Someone owes me some money.  At the very least I should get a free pkg. of golf balls.

Bottom line - who gives a diddly squat about Ketchem and OB?  You don't like them - don't subscribe.

Moving on.

I’m done with this board.  The very reason my visits have become less frequent speaks for itself because of one member.  Aaron, please delete my user name and log-in.  Good luck Horn Sports.  

Sorry. We took a vote. Your request to leave was voted down overwhelmingly. You're stuck with us.

I’m done with this board.  The very reason my visits have become less frequent speaks for itself because of one member.  Aaron, please delete my user name and log-in.  Good luck Horn Sports.  

i know joeywa. i'll speak to him and tell him to get his s**t together.

hang around. don't let the terrorists win.

This is getting way out of hand, and over nothing.

someday in the distant future, when all on this board are long gone, there will be a sociology class at a great university talking about how the primitives used to congregate anonymously and electronically. and call each other names.

though most would never meet one another or know the identity of the person they communicated with it caused so much angst that the moderators of these electronic town halls eventually shut the discussion down or a member became so insensed with his/her anonymous tormentor. they left. usually for another anonymous, electronic forum where the process would be repeated.

then the sociology class will laugh.

I left TOS over a lot worse than I have seen on this thread. But what we are seeing is pointless. I have always chosen to use my real name. I am quite willing to be responsible for what I say. Most are not hiding when they stay anonymous, but a small few use their anonymity to say things that would be embarrassing if they were held accountable.

I do not know what the solution is. TOS had a pretty good ignore button, but one loses the benefit of the board if you ignore everyone.

I do think that Aaron and the others do a far better job keeping things under control than the subject of this thread. Two have said they were leaving, and they are valuable members whose opinions and postings I appreciate. I hope they will stay.