Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ketchum Suspended?

Lord Vader

Fellows, we have bigger, metaphorically, fish to fry than Ketchum.  WVU is coming to town this weekend.  Quite honestly, I am more interested in the Mountaineers, and y'all know I'm not staff - not by a longshot.  Of course, I've never been a member of OB's, either.  GK's picture was enough to turn me away.

The tweet was poorly conceived.  Ketch will have to deal with it.  But our Longhorns need to deal with the Mountaineers - and that concerns me more.  I'm out.

there's several other threads dealing with the WVU game, so why post this here? . for better or worse, this subject interests people. that's why it's 4-pages.

there's several other threads dealing with the WVU game, so why post this here? . for better or worse, this subject interests people. that's why it's 4-pages.

Agree, There are plenty of WVU game threads if you want to focus on the game. If your a member or past member of Orangebloods than this is interesting. USA Today, a Alabama newspaper, and Yardbarkers have already ran the story, so it's a national story.

Agree, There are plenty of WVU game threads if you want to focus on the game. If your a member or past member of Orangebloods than this is interesting. USA Today, a Alabama newspaper, and Yardbarkers have already ran the story, so it's a national story.

Is it really much of a story though?

- Ketchum said something dumb.

- Ketchum makes the news for dumb comment.

- Ketchum disciplined by affiliates. 

- Ke-- oh wait, that's pretty much it.

if i had never heard of orangebloods or didn't know anything about Ketchum, i'd be wondering what the fuss is about. but since i do know OB and a little about Ketch, it's interesting in a TMZ sorta way. frankly Captain PC getting suspended and mocked is kinda funny. But he'll survive and other than on OB this will largely be forgotten in a few days.

anyway, everything has a shelf life and for me the topic is pretty well played out. not a whole lot left to discuss. except whatever the lurker posted that got whacked. inquiring minds want to know.

Sorry, but your step by step instructions on why this story should not be interesting to me did not work. Don't blame yourself, it's me not you.

You are incorrect in saying this story is over. The paper said that he is suspended now while a full editorial review is underway. The review means they are determining the exact punishment he should receive and they can determine how valuable Ketchum is to the company. Since that company is a big corporation  like Yahoo makes it a big unknown on what they will do.

My advice is don't click on this thread if it upsets you. If you feel it hurts the board, then send a step by step instructions to the owners  on why they should lock this thread.

• Administrators

Well, Well. Why am I not surprised.

You really should choose better friends. We are judged by the company we keep. You sir have dug a very deep hole, and as far as I am concerned, may never dig your way out after this association.

Yes, I am serious on this one.

Yesterday, I deleted this post. That was a snap judgment on my part. 

After re-reading it and considering it's intent, I was wrong to delete it. The post was not a personal attack on monarch, it was a warning about being associated with Geoff Ketchum.

I asked Aaron to restore the post since I deleted it in error.

After re-reading it and considering it's intent, I was wrong to delete it. The post was not a personal attack on monarch, it was a warning about being associated with Geoff Ketchum.

you're probably right, but it's more fun to think about it as a personal attack on monarch.

monarch, 

I edited your post because you made comments about another poster. The rules of this forum are clear: Talk about points, not people. 

It's the same reason I edited Bear's comments earlier, so you are not being singled out.

If you would like to discuss this further, please send me a direct message. There is no need to discuss this on the board.

sorry matt, but your current impromptu policy has become genuinely discombobulated.
simply due to fact that geoff ketchum... is indeed a person!
good old geoff, harbors over 18,000.00+ members upon his very popular forum... THE MIGHTY OB!
man, you can do whatever you want....

sorry matt, but your current impromptu policy has become genuinely discombobulated.
simply due to fact that geoff ketchum... is indeed a person!
good old geoff, harbors over 18,000.00+ members upon his very popular forum... THE MIGHTY OB!
man, you can do whatever you want....

ketch made himself the story. He broke the golden rule of journalism. You cover the story, not become the story.

Of course, we could take the gun control approach and just blame ketch's cell phone.