Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ketchum Suspended?

Lord Vader

Agree, Lukus. One of the worst writers anyone has ever been willing to publish. He can't construct a sentence without butchering the English language. It's always bothered me, I suppose because I spent 17 years as a journalist. It's your craft - learn how to use the tools of your craft - or be ridiculed for it.

Whisenhunt - jeff ketchum is not their cash cow. He may be a cow, but there's little cash associated with it. OB was just as successful when it was the university.com and was run by other folks, before it became OB. Most of his members are there DESPITE him. 

What if OB was run by someone people actually liked and was a talented writer?

David Garvin ran the university.com and was doing fine until that whole Gotch Yarbrough thing. He lost credibility and there was nothing really he could do except leave the scene of the crime. But to that point, IMO, it was a better site than what OB is today. It was fun. It wasn't a daily food fight.

The funniest thing is the fact that it should have read something along the lines of "desegregated".

Laugh out loud.

Yeah it should have said desegregated. I knew what he meant. But that tweet is wrong in saying that the tweet was racist. Derogatory? Yes. Racist? No, that's Mississippi's history. I mean I guess Mississippians take offense to that but everyone takes even more offense to what they did to a group of people simply based on the color of their skin.

Yeah it should have said desegregated. I knew what he meant. But that tweet is wrong in saying that the tweet was racist. Derogatory? Yes. Racist? No, that's Mississippi's history. I mean I guess Mississippians take offense to that but everyone takes even more offense to what they did to a group of people simply based on the color of their skin.

Except, they didn't do squat. You're assuming guilt and attributing blame TODAY for the actions of people decades ago?

IMO, you don't use history to justify wrongful actions in the present.

No, what you have is a racist statement from Texas thrown at the state of Mississippi. This sits squarely in ketch's lap and nowhere else.

What do you think of the people of Dallas? Are we all guilty of murdering a president?

msrfLIKVKOCm4kkXxVlekWA.jpg

superb as always chris!

although, i am extremely happy that there are so many black students reaching for a higher education all over this great country,

it sometimes amazes me how some of them just seem to take off RUNNING to the football fields of ole miss, alabama, miss state, arkansas, and so forth...

seemingly forgetting about the FRIGHTENING RACIST GHOSTS of years past.

heck, even upon today (2014), they are still trying in earnest to open up all of the white bred fraternities at (ole miss, miss state and alabama) to minority students that would love to become members....

but they really seem to just love seeing those black students RUN that football... how pathetic!

msrfLIKVKOCm4kkXxVlekWA.jpg

superb as always chris!

although, i am extremely happy that there are so many black students reaching for a higher education all over this great country,

it sometimes amazes me how some of them just seem to take off RUNNING to the football fields of ole miss, alabama, miss state, arkansas, and so forth...

seemingly forgetting about the FRIGHTENING RACIST GHOST'S as per year's past.

heck, even upon today (2014), they are still trying in earnest to open up all of the white bred fraternities at (ole miss, miss state and alabama) to minority students that would love to become members....

but they really love seeing those black students RUN that football... how pathetic!

You're from the golden triangle area, yes? How is it that so many blacks students at Lamar seem to forget that area's dark history?

The problem I see is perception.  Regardless of what the context of the tweet says, it is going to be percieved, (unfairly, IMO,) by recruits, players, coaches, families, that OBs is racist. 

That is unfortunate because a large majority of who the writers there deal with on a daily basis are African American. 

IF, (and that's a big IF,) this takes off, (and it seems to already for GK to get suspended,) it paints that website in a bad light with a big brush.  Again, my personal opinion is that the broad brush stroke is unfair.  Ketch isn't a racist.  Jason, Dustin, Anwar, Taylor, etc., are not racist.  Public perception is a big deal. 

It is going to be interesting to see what steps are taken to make this right. 

Where's the popcorn? 

I saw that last night, and later saw his attempts to apologize.  Unfortunately, once something is out there, there is no taking it back.  He should have known better; after all, he has written about athletes falling into the trap often enough.

Think before you speak or type, an oldie but a goodie.

texas_logo08.png

what ketchum espoused upon his twitter account, was extremely provocative.. not to mention mindless.

however, upon late last night, he issued an apology to all of us OB members.

i openly appreciate the very fact that ketchum, shows at times.. that he is just as human as all of us.. no matter how successful he has become.  we all make mistakes... it's all about how we arise from them.

i am a proud member as per the extremely successful OB.. and i am happy to stand with ketchum!