Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Middle LB in 2015?

Lord Vader

• Administrators

Pending a few other things (Whitley's development), I expect they'll move Beck back to ILB and let him compete with Santos.

I don't relish the idea of a true freshman in the middle of the defense, but I do think highly of Cam Townsend's potential.

As much as Hicks & Edmond have improved under the new coaching staff, I'll take a wait and see approach on Santos. I agree though that Mike is concerning in 2015.

• Administrators

Isn't Townsend 205 or so?   He's an OLB all the way. . .

Probably closer to 200. I'm told they like his frame for more weight over Hager's or Jefferson's. Regardless, I think you'll see a slimmer, faster Mike in 2015. 

Like I said, I'm big on his potential. That doesn't mean I think he'll be ready to be the centerpiece of the defense 10 months from now.

Are we thinking Hicks is returning? Does he need the NCAA to give him another year? May not play middle, but need the update at LB for next season.

I think Hicks is returning. He apparently wants to finish his masters in advertising. Not a shot in hell he's going to be drafted until the late rounds due to injury issues (would probably go undrafted). The only issue is if he gets a 6th year from the NCAA, but it sounds like he will. 

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2014/10/2/6897037/jordan-hicks-texas-longhorns-sixth-season-injuries

I think Hicks is returning. He apparently wants to finish his masters in advertising. Not a shot in hell he's going to be drafted until the late rounds due to injury issues (would probably go undrafted). The only issue is if he gets a 6th year from the NCAA, but it sounds like he will.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2014/10/2/6897037/jordan-hicks-texas-longhorns-sixth-season-injuries

Appreciate the update. Hope he gets that sixth year, we need more highly qualified advertising execs in the workforce.

Dalton Santos is a good special teams player, but Im not in love with the idea of him being the starter and getting the lions share of snaps next year.  Who can fill that role?  JUCO?

Man, I support what you said about Santos 100%.  By next year, he should be playing with his hand on the ground anyway.

I just don't see any Mikes on the horizon.  At least none that get me excited.

See recruiting update thread for a new name on this topic

Yeah, Cherry doesn't do much for me, but McNeal could.  I couldn't find a 40 time on McNeal - do you have one?

I want that MLB that has some speed and a mean streak.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

As far as the sizes - take off an inch in height and 10 lbs. in weight, and that would probably be closer to what he really is. Sizes are always overstated.

He runs track

His best times are --

100 Meters
2014 Outdoor 11.19a

200 Meters
2014 Outdoor  23.65a

He also runs on their 4x100 and 4x200 teams
And has done the Long Jump 20' 7.50

On the 40, I have seen 4.5, but those track times are at least official

You guys really need to stop PM'ing me about this. I said I'd do it. If they can't find a JUCO MLB, then I'll be the back up plan.

5'11, 190 lbs

5.5 40 yd dash (wind-aided)

Scouting report - Athletic seasoned veteran has it all - he's short, he's light, he's slow. He's got no experience or skills so he won't be confused with all that stuff. He also gets distracted by damaged turf. But he brings hell with him when he comes.

You guys really need to stop PM'ing me about this. I said I'd do it. If they can't find a JUCO MLB, then I'll be the back up plan.

5'11, 190 lbs

5.5 40 yd dash (wind-aided)

Scouting report - Athletic seasoned veteran has it all - he's short, he's light, he's slow. He's got no experience or skills so he won't be confused with all that stuff. He also gets distracted by damaged turf. But he brings hell with him when he comes.

The stash is intimidating too on your picture, that is if you still have it. Britt Hagar written all over this .05 star prospect.