Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
bbdude

Blake Gideon thinks Ryan Tannehill is a first-rounder

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big fan of Gideon's but I am wondering why the guy is even commenting publicly on QB Ryan Tannehill in the first place. Blake played against Tannehill for 4 years (2 of them while Tannehill was a wide receiver for Aggy) but said in comments the following:

"I think he has all the ability to do whatever he wants on a football field," Gideon said. "We'll see how that translates in the NFL. For the most part, he deserves all the hype he's getting. We'll see. From what I've heard about him, I've heard he's a great guy and I wish him all the best."

My thoughts are this. Gideon should be working on his game instead of making comments about where Tannehill should be drafted. Blake has slippery hands...

Read the entire story here - Former Longhorns safety Blake Gideon on Ryan Tannehill: He's not a Top 5 pick but he should be taken in first round | College Sports Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News

I'm sure he was just asked a question and answered it. What is he supposed to say, "I dropped an interception against Texas Tech so I should answer that." You guys should grow up a little.

Gideon deserves the scrutiny as a player who has under performed his entire college career at Texas. Nothing personal against him but his playing skills were less than acceptable for a d-back at UT. He has his degree from UT which is great but he has no future in an NFL uniform.

Gideon deserves the scrutiny as a player who has under performed his entire college career at Texas. Nothing personal against him but his playing skills were less than acceptable for a d-back at UT. He has his degree from UT which is great but he has no future in an NFL uniform.

I agree but he started 52 games and nobody could beat him out in four years. He may not have been very good (I saw the Wright and Blackmon highlights during the draft) but he does deserve some amount of respect. I don't think he underperformed at all. He is marginally athletic and he played like it.

We had nobody behind him. Vaccaro will fill the void nicely but Christian Scott & Nolan Brewster were not suitable replacements. Any gripes against Blake should be made at the coaches who started him every game his career at Texas. If he sucked so bad why did he play all the time? My point was that a marginal safety should not be making comments about another qb because it is only going to make him look even worse.

These are just college kids doing what they know how to do. As fans we overanalyze everything and we forget that these are 20 year old boys. I thank Blake Giedoen for being a 4 year starter at the University of Texas and I wish him well in his future endeavors wherever those may be.