• Administrators

• Administrators

• Administrators

• Administrators

• Administrators

• Administrators

• Administrators

• Administrators

3-9 guaranteed. We ain't "getting any better". We are what we are. Very little talent compared to elite teams, mediocre coaching, and are on the road against any teams we have even a snowball's chance to beat. Looking at Charlie's staff's record against top teams we are on the road to staying mediocre even if we get talent in here. We should have kept The Clapper !!! He at least had Greg Robinson on his staff, and our offense with Major couldn't be any worse than it is now.

3-9 guaranteed. We ain't "getting any better". We are what we are. Very little talent compared to elite teams, mediocre coaching, and are on the road against any teams we have even a snowball's chance to beat. Looking at Charlie's staff's record against top teams we are on the road to staying mediocre even if we get talent in here. We should have kept The Clapper !!! He at least had Greg Robinson on his staff, and our offense with Major couldn't be any worse than it is now.

I am a fan of Strong and staff, which means that I cannot understand your line of reasoning, nor do I think that it is reasonable.  When did you decide they could not be successful?  After BYU, before the season began, when they were hired?

Do you want Strong, Bedford (a Longhorn), Les (a Longhorn), Wick (one of the best, if not the best in the business), to succeed?

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but yours seems particularly negative.  Why?  Strong certainly isn't responsible for the lack of talent.

I was thrilled when Texas let Mack go and hired Strong. I was disappointed he let Robinson go, but THOUGHT Bedford would be good. It is true Charlie is not responsible for the lack of talent, but if we are this lacking in talent that we can't put anything better than what we saw yesterday on the field; we should see a lot of underclassmen and JUCOs out there next year in place of the players we see this year. if our players this year are so bad, then Charlie's recruits should be talented enough to replace them on the depth chart. Talented Freshman RB, WR, DB, DT,LB, and even QB can play D 1 football. Happens all the time. OL is the only place they have trouble, and there is always JUCO ranks to draw from. Next year we should see a bunch of new faces if talent alone is Charlie's problem this year.

I am a fan of Strong and staff, which means that I cannot understand your line of reasoning, nor do I think that it is reasonable.  When did you decide they could not be successful?  After BYU, before the season began, when they were hired?

Do you want Strong, Bedford (a Longhorn), Les (a Longhorn), Wick (one of the best, if not the best in the business), to succeed?

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but yours seems particularly negative.  Why?  Strong certainly isn't responsible for the lack of talent.

Exactly and I might remind all the Strong is playing with the Clappers players. 

I have long held that Mack tried to avoid recruiting aggressive football players.  Strong doesn't want individuals who are criminally aggressive off of the field, but he does want players who play aggressively.  I don't think Mack wanted 'kids' with aggressive personalities because I believe he avoided any type of conflict, including disciplinary action.  He didn't want to be challenged.

To illustrate the point, recall the week prior to the meeting with Patterson/Powers when he was told he was finished (day of banquet?).  That week no one could reach him because he was traveling around in a private plane, 'killing himself', recruiting.  Riiight!  Typical passive-aggressive behavior.  Also illustrative of the point is Muschamp's final review.  If you recall SHA's report, Muschamp walked in, and Sally was there!  Just standing by her man?  I don't think so.  Anyone with a backbone would be incensed that the spouse of one's superior was allowed into a review.  That the spouse had input, other than pillow talk, is so incredibly unprofessional that it should violate employment law.  If it doesn't, it should be addressed.

Complete BS.

Matt, at least Strong admits the team, with the exception of a few individuals was flat.  I agree.  It's time they take off their 34D cups and put on training bras.  Sheesh!