Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As a Texas fan, do Oregon's struggles make you feel better?

Matt Cotcher

• Administrators

The Oregon OL is ravaged by injuries. They've lost their top 3 OT's & an interior lineman (a Senior). They're currently starting a rsFr at RT & a walk-on at LT.

Last week, they allowed 7 sacks to Washington State.

Last night, they allowed 5 sacks to Arizona.

They're having trouble running the ball & pass pro is a major issue. They escaped against Wazzu last week. They didn't escape last night. 

And all this is with a Heisman candidate under Center.

Living in the PacNW, it always makes me happy to see the ducks lose. Their fan base is only surpassed in delusion by the ags. For a team that has NEVER won anything, they sure strut around up here like banty roosters. Losing to AZ will quiet them for a bit. Lose three this season and they'll all of a sudden become Portland Timbers soccer fans.

• Administrators

Just confirmation on how important the OL is. The Patriots also have an awful OL and you see what that has done to Tom Brady's performance. Besides not having any wide receivers also.

This was my point. That's why I put the stats in my post.

I should have asked, "Given Oregon's OL struggle, do you feel better about the Texas offense?"

I thought that was implied. Apparently not.

Living in the PacNW, it always makes me happy to see the ducks lose. Their fan base is only surpassed in delusion by the ags. For a team that has NEVER won anything, they sure strut around up here like banty roosters. Losing to AZ will quiet them for a bit. Lose three this season and they'll all of a sudden become Portland Timbers soccer fans.

Since I also live in PAC-12 country, their crap does get a little old.  Thankfully the Sacramento area is not a hotbed of college fans.

People often cite Autzen as a stadium that is a terrible place to play since the fans are very vociferous, but it sounded pretty much like any other stadium when the Ducks were behind late in the game.  People tend to sit on their hands when their team is behind period.

I am definitely a Texas fan, always will be.  Yes, we have problems with our OL and our offense.  But I don't care to compare

our current woes to that of any other college football team.  I feel we just need to move forward in proactive fashion, fix our

own problems and become the Texas that everyone expects to win each and every game, no matter the opponent. I want

Texas to be "there" again, like we once were, expected to win every game.  I'm not interested in comparisons to other teams'

problems...we are TEXAS.  Let them compare to us...we are the best!  Or, we once were...I want us to return to that status

again!