Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We All Knew

JimsTexas

That rebuilding a team with another coach players is hard to do. Those of us who love the Longhorns will give coach CS some time to rebuild this team. Those of us who want will get on here and bitch every time we lose. Losing is not fun but at the end of all this I feel we will have a football team we can take pride in. My friends y'all have a great week and keep positive.

I understand the growing pains on offense, but I thought our defense would be better. I have been telling anybody who would listen that I thought our D-line would be the best in the country. Guess I was drinking the kool-aid and not being realistic

The defense makes 1 great play.. then takes the next 3 off.. makes a great play....then...

The big problem is that UCLA has better overall talent than we do, and so do several of the teams we will be playing. We desperately need more speed at receiver and DB in particular.

This has to be recruited, and that will take a couple of years.

Meanwhile, the coaches need to concentrate on eliminating the mistakes like those that cost so much last night. We can play much better if we can avoid the errors. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

But I liked how they played last night. Far better than the play against BYU. Hopefully, they can continue to improve.

I think we all took a big ole gulp of the unrealistic Kool-Aid. It was hard not to, but if you really take a look at the issues that CS really has to overcome it is obvious we are at the beginning of the process.

1. The majority of these players are Mack's and have been in his system for a long time. Thus the problems there are systematic and with the limited time coaches have in the off-season there really is no way to overcome this even with the players who are buying in. It is like muscle memory, it takes repetition to change it. I saw a fight last night that I have not seen from this team in years, so there is a light. However realistically you are going to have to see a mix of CS players in the system before it really starts to shine through.

2. We all know that Mack was on cruise control in the recruiting department. Don't get me wrong we have some serious talent, but we are missing at several key positions and are laughably thin at others

3. The coaches need time to get on the same page here. This is a bit of a concern, because several have worked together for a while. However it is a different dynamic here and it is obvious that they are not there yet. Unfortunately this makes it hard to fix issues when you have to get on the same page yourself.

The big thing I am concerned about is the offense though. While the offense can work and does for other team around the country, it is not what kids in Texas are going to truly buy into during recruiting. It is not what they are used to and, let's be honest, it is boring. Even if we do get some true talent, that won’t change.

I believe in what CS is doing, which is really still in tear down mode. He has to break this team down and it is not a 1 year process, it just isn't. It is hard to be patient and the entitlement that has plagued this team for several years under Mack has obviously leaked into us diehard fans. Which means we don't truly see the mess that CS is having to fix.

I saw a spark last night and I will leave it at that.

I think we all took a big ole gulp of the unrealistic Kool-Aid. It was hard not to, but if you really take a look at the issues that CS really has to overcome it is obvious we are at the beginning of the process.

1. The majority of these players are Mack's and have been in his system for a long time. Thus the problems there are systematic and with the limited time coaches have in the off-season there really is no way to overcome this even with the players who are buying in. It is like muscle memory, it takes repetition to change it. I saw a fight last night that I have not seen from this team in years, so there is a light. However realistically you are going to have to see a mix of CS players in the system before it really starts to shine through.

2. We all know that Mack was on cruise control in the recruiting department. Don't get me wrong we have some serious talent, but we are missing at several key positions and are laughably thin at others

3. The coaches need time to get on the same page here. This is a bit of a concern, because several have worked together for a while. However it is a different dynamic here and it is obvious that they are not there yet. Unfortunately this makes it hard to fix issues when you have to get on the same page yourself.

The big thing I am concerned about is the offense though. While the offense can work and does for other team around the country, it is not what kids in Texas are going to truly buy into during recruiting. It is not what they are used to and, let's be honest, it is boring. Even if we do get some true talent, that won’t change.

I believe in what CS is doing, which is really still in tear down mode. He has to break this team down and it is not a 1 year process, it just isn't. It is hard to be patient and the entitlement that has plagued this team for several years under Mack has obviously leaked into us diehard fans. Which means we don't truly see the mess that CS is having to fix.

I saw a spark last night and I will leave it at that.

The bright spot, as I see it however, is the elite talent pool of players and their parents were aware of the problems within MBTF, and Charlie is forthright with them in steps he is taking to correct them.  They are informed with regard to the process, and that makes a difference in their ultimate decision.

Come on down fellows.  You can make a difference, gain early playing time, and play for a coach that already has multiple National Championship rings.  At Texas, he will soon be earning others.

Hook 'em!