Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really only have one thing to say

joeywa

This place is a helluva lot calmer than OBs.  An entire first page of nothing but bitching; fire this guy, fire that guy, our _____ sucks, we suck, etc., etc., etc.

Thanks guys & gals for remaining somewhat calm, even after a disappointing loss.  This is going to be an up and down season, and until Strong gets his fingerprints on this team/recruiting/culture, there's going to be some rough sailing. 

Just want y'all to know that I really appreciate the banter here, and especially the civility.

Ok, just kidding. lol

My thoughts. . . . compared to last week, night and day. I'm proud of the fight I saw. I'm proud of how Stoopes became a field general tonight. He was a warrior.

So big improvement from one week to the next. I think we'll see this continue. We'll go as Swoopes goes and he looks be feeling increasingly comfortable and assertive out there.

He got rushed there in the final 3 mins. Not sure why, we had plenty of time and needed to use it all up.

I may get bashed for this but, I like where we're heading. I like the character that is developing in this team. We have our better days ahead. Baylor and OU should be fun.

Actually saw some good... Liked the uptempo.... Would have liked to see the clock run late in game after fumble.... See potential in Tyrone.

Line better.... LB looked much better...

They have to learn how to finish.....

Biggest disappointment..... They needed to win for confidence..... Still believe Strong good hire.....

Yeah I actively avoid OB on game days and for a few days after a loss. Not much rational thinking going on there and it goes nuclear on nights like this.

I was proud of the team from a standpoint that I saw more fight and passion from them than I have seen in years.

Still have a lot of work and the coaches need to get everyone on the same page as well. Still a lot of kinks to work out.

Swoopes is showing me a lot. So there are some bright spots.

Yeah I actively avoid OB on game days and for a few days after a loss. Not much rational thinking going on there and it goes nuclear on nights like this.

I was proud of the team from a standpoint that I saw more fight and passion from them than I have seen in years.

Still have a lot of work and the coaches need to get everyone on the same page as well. Still a lot of kinks to work out.

Swoopes is showing me a lot. So there are some bright spots.

I agree, there seemed to be more fight in the team tonight. It would have been easy for them to pack it in after UCLA scored to start the second half but they didn't.

The more I see of Swoops the more I believe that he is more of a passing QB. He has the arm to make any through but I think he goes as the OL goes. If this OL can come together and continue to grow this offense will be fun to watch and will be able to consistently be able to put points on the board.

It will be interesting to see how they bounce back from this loss. Baylor will be a significant step up in quality so things will not get any easier next week. 

I left OB after many years, and these nights are exactly the reason why. Am I pissed, upset and disgusted? Sure. Anytime we lose, I am not happy. But the fact is, every season has its own storyline, and I am far more interested in seeing how it plays out than I was last week. I'd say every rational fan predicted around 4-6 losses for this team going into the season. I drank a lot of CS cool aid, and thought we might have a 3 loss season in an absolute, injury free, best-case scenario. After last week, I was very worried. The biggest issue for me was not understanding what Watson wanted to do as a play caller and the pure atrocity that was our O line. This week told a very different story. I saw fight from beginning to end. I saw Swoopes start to mature into a confident football player. I saw a bad O-line assert themselves. I saw coaching begin to make a difference. This team will be a dangerous opponent for anyone ranked ahead of us moving forward, and we will get better week, after week, that I am convinced of. The negative gut reactions are not seeing the bigger picture. This team WILL improve and WILL fight every week, and I am starting to see the CS personality emerging in the team. We should have won this game...we blew a couple of plays and that was all it took. Learn from it, and get back to work. Hold your head high and get ready, because Texas will be a force in the near future. Texas Strong!

I loved the intensity from the team! They came out hard... The D bent but didn't break and kept things competitive. I think this week was leaps and bounds better than last week. Im excited for the future. 

IMO the team executed better than the coaches did. I still stand behind the staff and love what they are instilling but I saw lots of coaching errors. From the coin toss debacle to the mind boggling decision to not use our final timeout to settle the team and give us a better chance to convert the most important play of game. The staff appeared to have made zero adjustments at the half, and looked the same last week. I know things have to be worked out with them as well, so I guess some of this is just to vent... Seeing coaches pointing fingers and really publicly calling out players last week and then see the coaching missteps this week are frustrating to watch. 

Despite it all... We are making progress and we need to keep it moving positively. Was an intense game! HOOK EM! 

This place is a helluva lot calmer than OBs.  An entire first page of nothing but bitching; fire this guy, fire that guy, our _____ sucks, we suck, etc., etc., etc.

Thanks guys & gals for remaining somewhat calm, even after a disappointing loss.  This is going to be an up and down season, and until Strong gets his fingerprints on this team/recruiting/culture, there's going to be some rough sailing. 

Just want y'all to know that I really appreciate the banter here, and especially the civility.

OB isn't even calm after a win.  :)

I can only imagine the dialogue right now about Watson. I would laugh if we brought back Greg Davis as a consultant or position coach of some sort. OB and Shaggy would literally explode.  

This was a very positive game. After reading Ketchum's 34 thoughts post, I know why OB is negative. That post incited the rioters. Imo, anyone who coaches or who has coached would be excited about the improvement in this team and about the opportunities to teach and learn from the last 5 minutes. Don't forget the kickoff out of bounds. That established field position until the end.

That's exactly why I left OB. To many knee jerk reaction fans and Geoff refuses to enforce his own board rules. 

This team showed up and played with heart and attitude a week after being handed one of the worst home losses in history. There are lots of things to be proud of last night and we now have an off week to get it together and make it better. I think most of the rational fans clearly expected a loss, but a lot expected much worse beat down. I can hang my hat on the fact that didn't happen and we played with heart and attitude.

The OB thread declaring with absolute certainty that this coaching staff 'doesn't have it' is the best. We were ahead with 4 minutes to go. If we had held on would that prove he definitely DOES have it?

Opinions are great, but guys who don't know s*** acting like they know everything are the worst.

That's a big part of why I left from there

OB isn't even calm after a win.  :)

I can only imagine the dialogue right now about Watson. I would laugh if we brought back Greg Davis as a consultant or position coach of some sort. OB and Shaggy would literally explode.  

I'm no longer a member of OB, but if I were I would defend Watson. The growth I've seen from Tyrone Swoops from the spring game when it looked like he didn't have any confidence to last night has been remarkable. When you factor in the fact that he's working with an inexperienced OL and no game breakers on the offense makes it even more impressive. Also factor that he wasn't playing last night against Rice or Kansas. UCLA is a well coached talented team.

Swoops deserves credit for his play and improvement, but Watson deserves credit also. I can see why Teddy Bridgewater has praised Watson and NFL scouts said Bridgewater was the best prepared QB in the draft last year.

Watson's play calling and the way he runs a offense, is still a unknown to me. I waiting to see his offense with an experienced QB, OL and some game breakers at RB and WR. The good news is that our biggest problems are at QB and OL and in Watson and Wickline we have two good coaches and teachers.

I'm no longer a member of OB, but if I were I would defend Watson. The growth I've seen from Tyrone Swoops from the spring game when it looked like he didn't have any confidence to last night has been remarkable. When you factor in the fact that he's working with an inexperienced OL and no game breakers on the offense makes it even more impressive. Also factor that he wasn't playing last night against Rice or Kansas. UCLA is a well coached talented team.

Swoops deserves credit for his play and improvement, but Watson deserves credit also. I can see why Teddy Bridgewater has praised Watson and NFL scouts said Bridgewater was the best prepared QB in the draft last year.

Watson's play calling and the way he runs a offense, is still a unknown to me. I waiting to see his offense with an experienced QB, OL and some game breakers at RB and WR. The good news is that our biggest problems are at QB and OL and in Watson and Wickline we have two good coaches and teachers.

Was also impressed with Swoopes improvement from the prior game. Would like to see him operate with an experienced line and a full complement of receivers (experienced WRs that is). No INts, no forced throws in to coverage; did keep the ball too long at times, and could have tossed the ball out of bounds on the periphery to avoid the few yard loss plays on roll outs. Happy for him to have a good game and look forward to more progress this year. The OL should get better with more game time together as well. Making lemonade with the lemons we have been given!