Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Longhorn Network" Contract

beevomav

It sure seems that way after reading the substantial provisions. I think Texas ultimately goes Independent after a few years. The Big 12 (or 10) has a limited shelf life. The nagging and finger pointing that resulted from the birth of the network has not done much to help solidify the conference. Texas should go indy and join Notre dame, BYU, Army and Navy in freedomville!

It sure seems that way after reading the substantial provisions. I think Texas ultimately goes Independent after a few years. The Big 12 (or 10) has a limited shelf life. The nagging and finger pointing that resulted from the birth of the network has not done much to help solidify the conference. Texas should go indy and join Notre dame, BYU, Army and Navy in freedomville!

Indeed, Bob Stoops was asked this question in a recent interview..Check out his answer..

On the possibility of airing high school games on TV:

“It’s common sense, absolutely. So either change the recruiting rules or [Texas] has to abide by the same rules we do. They’ve got a lot of money, that’s fine, but don’t give their recruiting an advantage or an opportunity to recruit any different than we do.”

• Administrators

I just tweeted a link to the Stoops story on the BevoBall twitter account. My response to Bob Stoops is this: Have your university start Soonervision (Nickelodeon can air the games) and start airing the talentless high school games that the state of Oklahoma has to offer. Then, the advantage will be fair.

Seriously, his team is ranked #1 and he is still griping about this.

Mr. Landry Jones, meet Jackson Jeffcoat!

Aggies are so damn bitter! We all know that their lives revolve around thinking they are equal or superior to the University of Texas, but check out this stuff - The Midnight Yell. Man, you would think they have something better to do than harp on this. Their damn Athletic Director has done enough bickering for the entire campus and student body.

A&M will most likely move to the SEC and Texas will go independent within 2 years. If this happens I think Texas should say screw A&M and not even bother scheduling them as non-conference opponents. Cut ties with those wannabes all together. Absolutely ridiculous aggy is.

We'll take those clowns over in the SEC, where real men play football. I personally guarantee they will not beat the LSU Tigers or any other decent team in our conference any time soon. Here is the A&M record against SEC teams: 58-78-6 (.426 winning percentage). A&M will have a tough time recruiting in SEC territory. They already play second fiddle to Texas...