Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Site responsiveness and content horribly lacking

ATX89

I see the pushing out of Darrell hasn't garnered any improvements in site content or speed.  Not sure what servers are being used, but they are extremely slow which is odd due to the small number of subscribers.

Content since I last logged in is even worse if that's possible.  Unbelievable that pro-rated refunds aren't available for those of us stupid enough to trust the site and it's hoped for trajectory and purchased a full year.  Once again, paying month to month and at higher rates is the way to go when the content is literally bait and switched.

so you're out what...$50? send me a bill and i'll pay it if you don't post again.

i rejoined OB for a month for the Dillard auction. one month is enough. it's a cesspool. 

frankly, i've been happy with the access and analysis from this site recently. that wasn't always the case. 

This is your second dramatic post. just f-----g leave. you'll not be missed.

I see the pushing out of Darrell hasn't garnered any improvements in site content or speed.  Not sure what servers are being used, but they are extremely slow which is odd due to the small number of subscribers.

Content since I last logged in is even worse if that's possible.  Unbelievable that pro-rated refunds aren't available for those of us stupid enough to trust the site and it's hoped for trajectory and purchased a full year.  Once again, paying month to month and at higher rates is the way to go when the content is literally bait and switched.

I'm not having any site speed issues here.  Perhaps you need to clean your browser history or restart your modem?  Mix in a day at OBs and then complain about site speed and tech issues. 

Content has actually been very solid this first week of the season. 

The other interesting thing, almost all of the content here is free. 

We ALL get you're pissed about Darrell.  You could not yell louder if you tried.  What I don't quite understand is what you think your incessant griping is going to get you.  All you're doing is pissing off the folks that are happy here and seeing where this thing goes.  Not everyone is happy that Crossfire is gone, but it is not our site.  What I do like is the content that has been offered as of late, and the coverage of the Texas Football team. 

How about this; you want a pro-rated refund for your annual sub, I'll pay you the $60, (the entire pre-paid year,) to just stop griping and leave?  If it sucks so bad here, why do you continue to hang around?    I'll be in Austin this weekend and will gladly pay you cash and have Aaron delete your account & username.  Let me know.  And I'll take a cold beer for my troubles. 

(Note: The views and commentaries expressed on this post are solely those of the author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by Hornsports.com. Enjoy!)

Okay so I went to OB and I saw that they had about 12 articles of content including staff predictions,  Ketch's After game thoughts and 10 FTW articles. Including 2 Ash articles, a Swoopes article (like we have), and an Espinosa article.

We had 7 articles, staff predictions and Lukas did a Quick post game thread after the game so that would be 9 articles of content. Not to mention we had 1 credentialed reporter while I believe OB have 3 or 4. So they what beat us on the Espinosa article? Not to mention I have my W2W4 in the Big 12 up in the morning.

So for $5 less per month (or $30-40 per year for annual since Idk what the annual price is off the top of my head), you got roughly all the same content you would be getting from OB.

In no way shape or form am I saying HS is better than OB. However, OB have been firmly established in Bellmont for a lot longer than the 2 (or 1) month(s) that we have been and yet we are getting closer to matching their amount of content.

I get it, you're mad. I don't do subscribtions. I write. I give up law school studying and time with my wife to provide the best content I can. Why? because I love this site and the people who run it. Even though I haven't met any of them face to face, I love them like they are family. The writers we have (including myself) have been established Texas Longhorns writers/bloggers for a while. We love covering this team. I like covering this team because of the passion for Longhorns sports that I see from posters like you. That's why I write.

So yeah, I want you to stay. I think you are a valuable member of the community of posters, albeit a little picky but still a valuable member. So either stick it out with us or cut your losses.

Now back to studying Torts for me.

(Note: The views and commentaries expressed on this post are solely those of the author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by Hornsports.com. Enjoy!)

Okay so I went to OB and I saw that they had about 12 articles of content including staff predictions,  Ketch's After game thoughts and 10 FTW articles. Including 2 Ash articles, a Swoopes article (like we have), and an Espinosa article.

We had 7 articles, staff predictions and Lukas did a Quick post game thread after the game so that would be 9 articles of content. Not to mention we had 1 credentialed reporter while I believe OB have 3 or 4. So they what beat us on the Espinosa article? Not to mention I have my W2W4 in the Big 12 up in the morning.

So for $5 less per month (or $30-40 per year for annual since Idk what the annual price is off the top of my head), you got roughly all the same content you would be getting from OB.

In no way shape or form am I saying HS is better than OB. However, OB have been firmly established in Bellmont for a lot longer than the 2 (or 1) month(s) that we have been and yet we are getting closer to matching their amount of content.

I get it, you're mad. I don't do subscribtions. I write. I give up law school studying and time with my wife to provide the best content I can. Why? because I love this site and the people who run it. Even though I haven't met any of them face to face, I love them like they are family. The writers we have (including myself) have been established Texas Longhorns writers/bloggers for a while. We love covering this team. I like covering this team because of the passion for Longhorns sports that I see from posters like you. That's why I write.

So yeah, I want you to stay. I think you are a valuable member of the community of posters, albeit a little picky but still a valuable member. So either stick it out with us or cut your losses.

FWIW I think the content this week is very solid.  Lot's of write ups about the game and the presser today.  In my book a solid ROI for $5 a month!

(Note: The views and commentaries expressed on this post are solely those of the author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by Hornsports.com. Enjoy!)

Okay so I went to OB and I saw that they had about 12 articles of content including staff predictions, Ketch's After game thoughts and 10 FTW articles. Including 2 Ash articles, a Swoopes article (like we have), and an Espinosa article.

We had 7 articles, staff predictions and Lukas did a Quick post game thread after the game so that would be 9 articles of content. Not to mention we had 1 credentialed reporter while I believe OB have 3 or 4. So they what beat us on the Espinosa article? Not to mention I have my W2W4 in the Big 12 up in the morning.

In no way shape or form am I saying HS is better than OB. However, OB have been firmly established in Bellmont for a lot longer than the 2 (or 1) month(s) that we have been and yet we are getting closer to matching their amount of content.

So yeah, I want you to stay. I think you are a valuable member of the community of posters, albeit a little picky but still a valuable member. So either stick it out with us or cut your losses.

Couldn't have said it any better.

If we all kick in $5, we can send ATX packing. . . . .one of two times I've seen Joe Wa go off. . .there is a reason we call him the Ambassador. . .  .you might want to try Shaggy Bevo, seemed to fit the other bitch that went packing too. . . 

Ari Gold has a message for you BTW:

so you're out what...$50? send me a bill and i'll pay it if you don't post again.

i rejoined OB for a month for the Dillard auction. one month is enough. it's a cesspool. 

frankly, i've been happy with the access and analysis from this site recently. that wasn't always the case. 

streettopeschel, just what the heck are you trying to accomplish here?  everyone upon the great forum know's that you have got to be one of the most ornery poster's known to mankind.  period.  therefore, just who are you, of all people...  to be proclaiming anything about someone's "dramatic" post.  atx89, just so happens to be one of our premium members, and should he have a bone to pick as per this forum, then please allow him the opportunity to respectfully do so.. without basically cursing him out upon such a disdainful manner.  

should management feel the need to respond accordingly.. then please afford them the opportunity to do so upon their leisure, without adding further fuel to the fire.  therefore, in other words.. back off!

I see the pushing out of Darrell hasn't garnered any improvements in site content or speed. Not sure what servers are being used, but they are extremely slow which is odd due to the small number of subscribers.

Content since I last logged in is even worse if that's possible. Unbelievable that pro-rated refunds aren't available for those of us stupid enough to trust the site and it's hoped for trajectory and purchased a full year. Once again, paying month to month and at higher rates is the way to go when the content is literally bait and switched.

Still whining I see.

Do us all a favor as well as yourself, carry you're ass somewhere else.

streettopeschel, just what the heck are you trying to accomplish here?  everyone upon the great forum know's that you have got to be one of the most ornery poster's known to mankind.  period.  therefore, just who are you, of all people...  to be proclaiming anything about someone's "dramatic" post.  atx98, just so happens to be one of our premium members, and should he have a bone to pick as per this forum, then please allow him the opportunity to respectfully do so.. without basically cursing him out upon such a disdainful manner.  

should management feel the need to respond accordingly.. then please afford them the opportunity to do so upon their leisure, without adding further fuel to the fire.  therefore, in other words.. back off!

monarch i like you. not sure why, but i do. 

ATX89 is welcome to his opinion. as am i. he has issues with this site and has threatened (apparently unsuccessfully for some reason) to leave. all good.

My opinion is he is an estrogen-laden drama queen who sounds like everyone's ex-wife. it's a facking mesage board. wanna leave...effing leave.

reminds me of an old richard pryor stand-up.....'it's not bad they telling you they gonna leave, but they gotta tell you WHY. just leave bitch'.

Everyone has their opinions, right or wrong. I love this site. It is young and growing compared to the others. Content is picking up and honestly better written, in my opinion.

As for the site speed, that I take offense to as I know exactly what is running this site and the others. Speed is most definitely not an issue any longer.

However if this site is not for you, it is not for you.

monarch i like you. not sure why, but i do. 

ATX89 is welcome to his opinion. as am i. he has issues with this site and has threatened (apparently unsuccessfully for some reason) to leave. all good.

My opinion is he is an estrogen-laden drama queen who sounds like everyone's ex-wife. it's a facking mesage board. wanna leave...effing leave.

reminds me of an old richard pryor stand-up.....'it's not bad they telling you they gonna leave, but they gotta tell you WHY. just leave bitch'.

you like me because.. no matter what crazy and yet idiotic episode that you may find yourself in at the moment.. should push somehow ascend to a shove, i shall try and go to bat as per our forum member.  just like i always end up doing...

now just take a moment, and stand back and view your post.. and realize just how ridiculous it is.  atx89, shall handle his situation upon his own manner.  he has hereby paid in full.. as per the right to accomplish this fete.  just stand back, and leave him be...     

t.  atx89, just so happens to be one of our premium members, and should he have a bone to pick as per this forum, then please allow him the opportunity

to respectfully do so..

without basically cursing him out upon such a disdainful manner.  

I think if atx had been respectful, he would not have gotten the responses he did. . . 

But he was a flaming ass about it. . . .reality is instead of another of his "look at me bitch and whine" posts, he could have pm'ed the mods if he goal was to truly express dissatisfaction.

Of course I am a firm believer in the theory that fools/blow hards/wind bags and crumogeons deserved to be mocked. . . 

I am reminded of the great (only) quote from the Replacements when Keaune Reeves comes into the huddle in relief of the "star" and says:   "I should say something dramatic and inspiring but that wouldn't be our style". . . 

But good news, completed the UNT game DVD including pre game, game, post game and rewind (Charlie Strong show).  .will be on teh way by Wed.

Ahhhahaha...

you like me because.. no matter what crazy and yet idiotic episode that you may find yourself in at the moment.. should push somehow ascend to a shove, i shall try and go to bat as per our forum member.  just like i always end up doing...

now just take a moment, and stand back and view your post.. and realize just how ridiculous it is.  atx89, shall handle his situation upon his own manner.  he has hereby paid in full.. as per the right to accomplish this fete.  just stand back, and leave him be...     

my post wasn't ridiculous. his continuing to piss and moan as per this site (like that?) and bitching about not being refunded when joey and i have both offered is irritating.

i've bitched about this site. probably will again some day. 

if you don't like it....effing leave and save the drama. 

no apolgies for that opinion.

I think if atx had been respectful, he would not have gotten the responses he did. . . 

But he was a flaming ass about it. . . .reality is instead of another of his "look at me bitch and whine" posts, he could have pm'ed the mods if he goal was to truly express dissatisfaction.

Of course I am a firm believer in the theory that fools/blow hards/wind bags and crumogeons deserved to be mocked. . . 

I am reminded of the great (only) quote from the Replacements when Keaune Reeves comes into the huddle in relief of the "star" and says:   "I should say something dramatic and inspiring but that wouldn't be our style". . . 

But good news, completed the UNT game DVD including pre game, game, post game and rewind (Charlie Strong show).  .will be on teh way by Wed.

echeese, the beginning of your post, makes me cringe, because i cannot help but think of all of the members that this great forum has lost upon this last month or so.. due to all of the constant infighting and mayhem.  however, after reading the end of your post, i am now extremely happy.  it seems that you have made an extreme effort to deliver a very first rate quality dvd component.  i find your commitment to excellence completely gratifying.  i cannot thank you enough as per this generous offering.  i can only imagine the faces as per my pals abroad, once they have an opportunity to view the first gridiron matchup of this season.  

This is the reason I like Hornsports. 

1-The discussions are at least somewhat intelligent. OB, 247, and Scout have become utter jokes in recent years. I give it another week until the fire Strong and Watson threads start. 

2-This site is normally accurate. Hornsports may not scoop as much as say Scout and OB, but at least they aren't reporting stories that are way off base. Take for example, Chip Brown. Yeah, you might get a billion scoops but only about 2 of them accurate. I'll take accuracy over quantity any day of the week. HornSports isn't trying to scoop as much inside info as other sites, and I personally think that's a good thing. That stuff normally comes out anyways, I could give a damn to hear it a couple days before it's actually reported. 

streettopeschel, just what the heck are you trying to accomplish here?  everyone upon the great forum know's that you have got to be one of the most ornery poster's known to mankind.  period.  therefore, just who are you, of all people...  to be proclaiming anything about someone's "dramatic" post.  atx89, just so happens to be one of our premium members, and should he have a bone to pick as per this forum, then please allow him the opportunity to respectfully do so.. without basically cursing him out upon such a disdainful manner.  

While I understand what you're saying monarch, it has become glaringly apparent over the last 3 weeks that ATX has an axe to grind with the owners of this site.  He is a valuable member of this site, but lately his tone and posts have been directed at the owners here, which is unfortunate because he has offered up some previously solid comments here.  The recent posts are almost always reference the same thing, which is his displeasure that Crossfire is no longer and he wants a refund.  Premium Members should be able to voice their opinions and complaints, to a point.  When these opinions and points become redundant, then perhaps it is time to either part ways or take it up with the management directly, or both. 

Unlike some other sites, this site does have modern-day technology for the message board, which includes both a private message system via 'chat' as well as private message via 'email.'  Both of these functions allow Mr. ATX to easily voice his complaints to people that can do something about them, in a private setting no less. 

The site's content over the last 3 weeks has shown not only marked improvement, but, (as Chris stated,) it has ramped up and there are several in-depth reports that the current staff has worked very hard on.  They have put in the time and are giving us, the members, some good insight on what's going on with the team as we embark on Texas' first season under new leadership.  I am a member at other sites, and I am pleased with the coverage I've seen here

Street apparently has reached his limit on ATX's expression of his complaints to the board.  Tonight's post by ATX was a not-so-thinly veiled complaint about Crossfire and his refund, yet again.  As I stated in my post above, if it's money, please, let me pay this, especially if it means that the complaining about pro-rated refunds will stop.  I agree with him on wanting to have Crossfire, but that call was made by the owners here, not me.  It's really not that difficult of a concept for one to grasp.  Nobody here but the owners can do anything about bringing Crossfire back. 

ATX's posts of late are somewhat reminiscent of the paper boy in the movie Better Off Dead.

While I understand what you're saying monarch, it has become glaringly apparent over the last 3 weeks that ATX has an axe to grind with the owners of this site.  He is a valuable member of this site, but lately his tone and posts have been directed at the owners here, which is unfortunate because he has offered up some previously solid comments here.  The recent posts are almost always reference the same thing, which is his displeasure that Crossfire is no longer and he wants a refund.  Premium Members should be able to voice their opinions and complaints, to a point.  When these opinions and points become redundant, then perhaps it is time to either part ways or take it up with the management directly, or both. 

Unlike some other sites, this site does have modern-day technology for the message board, which includes both a private message system via 'chat' as well as private message via 'email.'  Both of these functions allow Mr. ATX to easily voice his complaints to people that can do something about them, in a private setting no less. 

The site's content over the last 3 weeks has shown not only marked improvement, but, (as Chris stated,) it has ramped up and there are several in-depth reports that the current staff has worked very hard on.  They have put in the time and are giving us, the members, some good insight on what's going on with the team as we embark on Texas' first season under new leadership.  I am a member at other sites, and I am pleased with the coverage I've seen here

Street apparently has reached his limit on ATX's expression of his complaints to the board.  Tonight's post by ATX was a not-so-thinly veiled complaint about Crossfire and his refund, yet again.  As I stated in my post above, if it's money, please, let me pay this, especially if it means that the complaining about pro-rated refunds will stop.  I agree with him on wanting to have Crossfire, but that call was made by the owners here, not me.  It's really not that difficult of a concept for one to grasp.  Nobody here but the owners can do anything about bringing Crossfire back. 

ATX's posts of late are somewhat reminiscent of the paper boy in the movie Better Off Dead.

That's my take as well.  He has some kind of beef with the site owners.

It's a free country, but this is a public board and he needs to take it up with them - unless his real agenda is to try to run members off.

This is the reason I like Hornsports. 

1-The discussions are at least somewhat intelligent. OB, 247, and Scout have become utter jokes in recent years. I give it another week until the fire Strong and Watson threads start. 

2-This site is normally accurate. Hornsports may not scoop as much as say Scout and OB, but at least they aren't reporting stories that are way off base. Take for example, Chip Brown. Yeah, you might get a billion scoops but only about 2 of them accurate. I'll take accuracy over quantity any day of the week. HornSports isn't trying to scoop as much inside info as other sites, and I personally think that's a good thing. That stuff normally comes out anyways, I could give a damn to hear it a couple days before it's actually reported. 

While I was at Mizzou, I studied journalism. Now I didn't graduate with a journalism degree but if I wanted to, I could of gotten a minor in it (That was a mistake on my part, oh well).

For those who don't know, Mizzou has a very highly rated journalism program. They have produced such News personalities like Pat Forde, Dennis Dodd, John Anderson (the only Mizzou homer), Wright Thompson (he did the Ghosts of Ole Miss doc.), and Russ Mitchell.

Now, they take journalism seriously just like Texas journalism does. Now any student of journalism can tell you that the age old standard is to double confirm a report and get the facts right. However, the internet is set up in such a way that you get the linkbacks and viral hits if you are first. That turns into more hits and more ad revenue in an age where no one really wants to pay for news. So that creates a dilemma in the field of journalism. Now, all of us contributing authors contribute to the Burnt Ends article and even with that, I try my best to confirm anything I am told by email, phone or text. Sometimes that is hard to do but I at least use my judgment to determine if this okay or not.

No journalist wants to make the Kirk Herbstriet mistake. Cite an anonomous source about a subject and that subject calls that person out and say they will not do what the said report is. That knocks your credibility down by a lot. Chip Brown has broken a few big stories so he has a solid reputation already. He is established. Some of the writers and I aren't as established so we aren't going to take as much risk of putting something out there we can't reasonably believe isn't true. This obviously doesn't apply to Cotcher but for me, it does.

That's why I don't go out on a limb, I focus on the analysis and the implications of said moves by UT athletics. Most sites do, very rarely do sites only do breaking news. Even if you do, ESPN will take the credit anyways :D

I left OB for the same reasons.  If you think OB is the standard that's sad.

If you think the way this site is treating a friend of mine, who was an owner here, is acceptable then you better get used to my posts.  Granted you can put me on ignore or not read them, but it's pretty ridiculous how many of you supposedly great character Longhorn brethren condone absolutely shitty treatment of a valued mod.  Darrell is being pushed out as his content overshadows that of the other mods and for that, they are making him leave.  

The content here is crap and there's no reason to charge people for it. Believe it or not, there are great posting communities with better, faster, more pertinent content than this site and the content is free or no more expensive and I'm not talking about OB.

Having you pay my refund defeats the intent.  The idiots who treat my friend like shit are the ones who need to pay my refund.  Honestly you should pull on both ears and when you hear a loud pop, that will be your head exiting your ass.