Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After 11,123 miles Deb and I are home. We left back in April went to Mississippi up to Maine back across to Niagara Falls down to Pa back to Alabama and finally back to the Longhorn State. Found out that some of the SEC fans already know what we have know for a long time. The aggy are full of them selves and still an outsider. What a great time we had now I need to see my Longhorns win a MNC and This will have been a great 2014. My friends y'all have a great day

I'm in the planning process for my post-retirement road trip. My last day with IRS Appeals is December 26th. The next day, I start a 12 day drive to Cypress, TX, Lafayette, LA, Montgomery, AL, Huntsville, AL, Tupelo, MS, New Albany, MS, Memphis, Springdale, AR and my birthplace Athens, TX. Much of the trip will focus on geneology stuff. If anyone wants me to stop by and say hi, send me a PM.

Jim, perhaps you could loan your trailer to Lukus so he could take an extended trip without internet access. Just thinking out loud.

Deb and I had dinner with Lukus and his lovely family whil traveling through Tennessee. All I can say is they are first class family. My friends y'all have a great weekend, GO TEXAS BEAT HELL OUT OF UNT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the planning process for my post-retirement road trip. My last day with IRS Appeals is December 26th. The next day, I start a 12 day drive to Cypress, TX, Lafayette, LA, Montgomery, AL, Huntsville, AL, Tupelo, MS, New Albany, MS, Memphis, Springdale, AR and my birthplace Athens, TX. Much of the trip will focus on geneology stuff. If anyone wants me to stop by and say hi, send me a PM.

Duck C I have been on those kind of trips looking up my family roots. The thing that is bad about living in the South (like my family did) the union troops burnt down the old court houses and along with that our family information. Also stop along the way and see the area they lived. I have been to a lot of cemeteries. I think I know more dead people than live ones. My friends y'all have a great weekend. GO TEXAS BEAT HELL OUT OF UNT.

attachicon.gifF___ a duck.JPG

So, I'm f'd?

Duke C #11

In Alabama I found some old documents in the attic of an old courthouse. The lady told us we could look through them just not sure what we will find any thing we could use. As it turned out there was an old clerk who heard the Union troops were about to march on Centreville and saved as many documents a he could in his home. You will find those stories all over the Southern States. Good luck on your quest for knowledge about your family. Like me you will find out some things you might not like. My friends y'all have a great day and GO TEXAS