Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No more Crossfire means subscription cancellation

ATX89

I will go a step further; they should face off in the octagon....with ring girls....in bikinis.

As one if the longest serving/posting/still here type people, I can sign off on this. But, will jello be involved? That could be a deal beaker.

You have to be kidding me.  I log on for the first time in a while and have to read this ridiculous post by ATX??  Somebody send him a beer and a pack of smokes and tell him to relax.

Eddie Murphy's bit on Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor also comes to mind.  ;)

You have to be kidding me. I log on for the first time in a while and have to read this ridiculous post by ATX?? Somebody send him a beer and a pack of smokes and tell him to relax.

It's ridiculous that the treatment of the crossfire author is leading me to leave? I know the author. He didn't ask for more $. He is getting hosed and I won't support a site that treats a friend in this manner.

Trust me, I won't let the door hit me in the ass.

It's actually not a "look at me"  post, but it is definitely a look at Crossfire post.  It's gone.  Anyone wondering what that means for the author of Crossfire?  Extremely terrible way to run a business and to treat what was a valued contributor/mod on this site.  Ideally many of you will realize what is happening and not support a site run in this manner or that treats employees/partners in this manner.  I'll leave it at that.

Frankly, I just want my $ back as I'd love nothing more than to never post on this site again.

If I am understanding you correctly then, what you are really having the red ass over is the way you perceive the "treatment" of McPhaul?  I'm confused by this because it doesn't appear that McPhaul has a problem with it.

If, in fact, you are quitting because you've lost a "inside info" vehicle then I suggest you look at the Patterson thread.

I have laid out, as best I feel I can, inside information that is NOT available on any other blog.  Now, you can ask who the hell I am and why should you believe me, and I would answer you are absolutely correct.

But, by the same token, what gives any other "inside info" reporters anymore credibility than me?  Because they are a mod?  Pffft!  My track record, so far, has been 100% correct.  Can IT or OB say the same?  How about 247 or Horns Digest? 

It's true that I am very frugal with what I know - after all, I am only a simple poster and not a mod trying to generate revenue.

This is the way I prefer it and this is the only site I have delivered the info to.

And the reason is because there are considerably less assholes on here than the other sites.  And that's good enough for me.

Evidently, you feel differently and, honestly, I hate to see you go because I have enjoyed your posts.  But if you must, you must.

Take care, my friend.

It's ridiculous that the treatment of the crossfire author is leading me to leave? I know the author. He didn't ask for more $. He is getting hosed and I won't support a site that treats a friend in this manner.

Well, at least there's that. 

Listen, in a nutshell, HornSports wanted to go a different direction.  Aaron, as the majority owner, has the right to make whatever business decisions he sees fit for the long-term vision for his site.  We don't have to agree with it, we don't have to support it, and at the end of the day, we have complete autonomy to either be a premium member, a non-premium member, or not a member at all. 

You are exercising your right to call it a day.  Don't blame it on "treatment of the crossfire author."  Take ownership of your decision to seek your information elsewhere and leave it at that. 

I'm not going to speak for Darrell, nor Aaron, with regards to their conversations on this, but I will tell you that there were several and that both parties were able to discuss the vision rationally as businessmen. 

Are you the message board staff police for the human rights campaign? Are you his agent? There's no Kathy Lee Gifford running the show at Horn Sports. Football season is almost here. Quit whining and relish the imminent.

Well, at least there's that. 

Listen, in a nutshell, HornSports wanted to go a different direction.  Aaron, as the majority owner, has the right to make whatever business decisions he sees fit for the long-term vision for his site.  We don't have to agree with it, we don't have to support it, and at the end of the day, we have complete autonomy to either be a premium member, a non-premium member, or not a member at all. 

You are exercising your right to call it a day.  Don't blame it on "treatment of the crossfire author."  Take ownership of your decision to seek your information elsewhere and leave it at that. 

I'm not going to speak for Darrell, nor Aaron, with regards to their conversations on this, but I will tell you that there were several and that both parties were able to discuss the vision rationally as businessmen. 

The only reason I came to this site was Crossfire.  Then, with no warning or explanation, it disappeared.  What was the problem?  What is this different direction that HornSports wants to go?  At this point, there has been no clear answer to either of those questions.  This has been a textbook example of how not to handle a change in direction for an organization.

Obviously we are talking about minimal amounts of subscriber money here, but it would have been nice if management had stepped forward immediately to explain what was happening and why.  Instead, subscribers were greeted with silence, I assume because management hoped the problem would simply disappear with no explanation required on their part.  Unfortunately, that's not a good way to build good will with your subscriber base.

I remain a subscriber, but I'm not impressed with the management of this site so far.

The only reason I came to this site was Crossfire.  Then, with no warning or explanation, it disappeared.  What was the problem?  What is this different direction that HornSports wants to go?  At this point, there has been no clear answer to either of those questions.  This has been a textbook example of how not to handle a change in direction for an organization.

Obviously we are talking about minimal amounts of subscriber money here, but it would have been nice if management had stepped forward immediately to explain what was happening and why.  Instead, subscribers were greeted with silence, I assume because management hoped the problem would simply disappear with no explanation required on their part.  Unfortunately, that's not a good way to build good will with your subscriber base.

I remain a subscriber, but I'm not impressed with the management of this site so far.

has it really? when there's a parting of the ways within your company, are the reasons always broadcast? they aren't in any i've worked at. 

if a sports anchor leaves a network, an actor leaves a series, a writer leaves a newspaper, do they go in depth why? no they give some generic explanation that protects both parties often with some form of compensation involved. i suspect that was the case here.

at the end of the day, what difference does the reason make? if you were here only for crossfire and it n longer exists, is there any reason that wold satisfy you?

has it really? when there's a parting of the ways within your company, are the reasons always broadcast? they aren't in any i've worked at. 

if a sports anchor leaves a network, an actor leaves a series, a writer leaves a newspaper, do they go in depth why? no they give some generic explanation that protects both parties often with some form of compensation involved. i suspect that was the case here.

at the end of the day, what difference does the reason make? if you were here only for crossfire and it n longer exists, is there any reason that wold satisfy you?

I'm not going to argue with you...management of this site has chosen to drop, with no explanation, the one feature that provided something unique.  I see no way that HornSports is going to compete effectively with Orangebloods, 247, or Inside Texas without the personal relationship that Darrell McPhaul provided.

I'm going to hang around, but I see nothing that is going to make this site increase its subscriber base after this unexplained decision.

67, was neither looking for or hoping for an arguement. we each make our own calls on which sites to patronize.

i find this site unique but for the community it brings unlike OB (can't speak for the others). with a couple of notable exceptions, this seems like a bunch of easy-going, good guys (and gals) just wanting to talk UT sports. Breaking news...inside scoop...nah, not so much.

67, was neither looking for or hoping for an arguement. we each make our own calls on which sites to patronize.

i find this site unique but for the community it brings unlike OB (can't speak for the others). with a couple of notable exceptions, this seems like a bunch of easy-going, good guys (and gals) just wanting to talk UT sports. Breaking news...inside scoop...nah, not so much.

That's fine...but a small group of easy-going guys and gals just wanting to talk UT sports isn't going to keep this site operating for very long.  I also like the easy-going nature compared to the sharks that circulate through Orangebloods, but numbers are numbers, and there are bottom-line numbers that have to be met.  I just think that throwing away one of the key features that drew people like me to this site isn't a wise business decision.

Time will tell...