Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Sign in to follow this  
bbdude

Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill projected to be a top 10 draft pick

As the debate continues to go on and on via Twitter, Many mock drafts have former Aggie quarterback Ryan Tannehill going as a top 10 draft pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. In fact, many mocks have him being taken with the #4 pick by the Cleveland Browns. Browns you say? Yes, the Cleveland Browns - Colt McCoy's Cleveland Browns. Is it possible that a Longhorn is going to be replaced by an Aggie? Unfortunately my friends it very well could happen.

Tanny was a wide receiver his first two years at A&M. He's bigger than Colt and has upside but upside shouldn't translate to first round draft pick. I fear Colt McCoy is on his way out as a starter in the NFL because of his size.

Tanny was a wide receiver his first two years at A&M. He's bigger than Colt and has upside but upside shouldn't translate to first round draft pick. I fear Colt McCoy is on his way out as a starter in the NFL because of his size.

He still sucks.

No way in hell Tannehill is a first round talent. Now, with that being said, NFL GM's are apparently pretty damned stupid a lot of the time, so he'll more than likely be taken in the first round for no real apparent reason. He has upside, but if I'm a GM/coach/owner of an NFL team, I'm not dumping millions of dollars into a possible starter down the road.

Tannehill is a 2nd to 3rd round pick at best. The NFL is a copy cat league and the Dolphins and Mike Sherman floated his name out there as a possible pick and now everyone is racing to see what all the talk is about. Cleveland needs to draft Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon. Of course, there is a reason why some of these teams are always drafting high; they are terrible evaluators.

I think the RB position is slowly becoming extinct due to the prominence of the spread offense. I think its harder on NFL scouts and front office personnel to evaluate RB's now and they can't afford to miss. Trent Richardson is a can't miss player.

Helloooooo? Has anyone ever heard of Case Keenum????? Helllooooooo? Ryan Tannehill is ranked ahead of Case? Absolute bullshit. Do we need to compare college stats? Didn't think so. Where do these draft analysts get off? They know nothing. Keenum rules Tannehill's sorry ass.

I will see you guys again during football season.

This may be one of the worst draft day mistakes in a long time. He is a great young man and could very well have a decent career, but he can't be decent, he has got to be super.

I just heard recently on ESPN that Jeff Ireland (the Dolphins GM) isn't liked very well at all by most of the team, a lot of the front office and even a lot of people around the league. They said he probably can't afford to blow this draft, but taking Tannehill in the first round will do just that.

I just heard recently on ESPN that Jeff Ireland (the Dolphins GM) isn't liked very well at all by most of the team, a lot of the front office and even a lot of people around the league. They said he probably can't afford to blow this draft, but taking Tannehill in the first round will do just that.

Hey, Blake Gideon would draft him if he could!

He blows allright.