Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THSCA High School coaches poll

Sirhornsalot

http://www.theathleticsdepartment.com/football/poll/coaches/?yr=2014&div=1&clas=3

This has from class 4A-down. They haven't posted the 5A and 6A schools yet. But enough here to get your interest.

They break these down into their regions instead of state-wide for some reason. Just change the filter settings to look at other divisions/regions.

Also, if you ever want to know the mascot of a Texas High School football team, you can find them all here:

http://www.theathleticsdepartment.com/football/mascots/

http://www.theathleticsdepartment.com/football/poll/coaches/?yr=2014&div=1&clas=3

This has from class 4A-down. They haven't posted the 5A and 6A schools yet. But enough here to get your interest.

They break these down into their regions instead of state-wide for some reason. Just change the filter settings to look at other divisions/regions.

Also, if you ever want to know the mascot of a Texas High School football team, you can find them all here:

Here is the 6A and 5A AP Poll from the Longview News Journal's article today. My Lobos are stacked again this year:

Class 6A School Total Points Prv 1. Allen (15) 231 - 2. Katy (5) 208 - 3. Cedar Hill (5) 204 - 4. DeSoto 172 - 5. Euless Trinity 119 - 6. Southlake Carroll 105 - 7. Denton Guyer 79 - 8. Cibolo Steele 75 - 9. Lake Travis 68 - 10. Pearland 33 -  

Others receiving votes: 11, Dallas Skyline 21. 12, Galena Park North Shore 18. 13, Manvel 15. 14, SA Northside Brennan 13. 15, Coppell 6. 16, Arlington Martin 3. 17, Wolfforth Frenship 2. 18, Arlington Bowie 1. 18, Converse Judson 1. 18, Spring Westfield 1.

Class 5A School Total Points Prv 1. Aledo (17) 227 - 2. Ennis (4) 189 - 3. Longview (1) 184 - 4. A&M Consolidated (3) 162 - 5. Cedar Park 134 - 6. Brenham 107 - 7. Temple 97 - 8. Tyler 50 - 9. Richmond George Ranch 46 - 10. Mansfield Timberview 40

http://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/high_school/ap-high-school-football-poll-lobos-start-season-with-no/article_db16b360-2305-11e4-85b4-001a4bcf887a.html

Here is the 6A and 5A AP Poll from the Longview News Journal's article today. My Lobos are stacked again this year:

Class 6A School Total Points Prv 1. Allen (15) 231 - 2. Katy (5) 208 - 3. Cedar Hill (5) 204 - 4. DeSoto 172 - 5. Euless Trinity 119 - 6. Southlake Carroll 105 - 7. Denton Guyer 79 - 8. Cibolo Steele 75 - 9. Lake Travis 68 - 10. Pearland 33 -  

Others receiving votes: 11, Dallas Skyline 21. 12, Galena Park North Shore 18. 13, Manvel 15. 14, SA Northside Brennan 13. 15, Coppell 6. 16, Arlington Martin 3. 17, Wolfforth Frenship 2. 18, Arlington Bowie 1. 18, Converse Judson 1. 18, Spring Westfield 1.

Class 5A School Total Points Prv 1. Aledo (17) 227 - 2. Ennis (4) 189 - 3. Longview (1) 184 - 4. A&M Consolidated (3) 162 - 5. Cedar Park 134 - 6. Brenham 107 - 7. Temple 97 - 8. Tyler 50 - 9. Richmond George Ranch 46 - 10. Mansfield Timberview 40

http://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/high_school/ap-high-school-football-poll-lobos-start-season-with-no/article_db16b360-2305-11e4-85b4-001a4bcf887a.html

UTK66, I think this is your year my friend. I think Longview goes all the way. First time since what? 1937? They have the talent and certainly have the coaching. But this year's they've got more than usual in the talent dept.

I've followed them for years. My nephew was a Lobo and is now a soph at UT.

UTK66, I think this is your year my friend. I think Longview goes all the way. First time since what? 1937? They have the talent and certainly have the coaching. But this year's they've got more than usual in the talent dept.

I've followed them for years. My nephew was a Lobo and is now a soph at UT.

I hope you're right. Our last 3 trips to state championship games were unkind to us since we met some serious juggernauts (Katy in'97 and then Lake Travis and Garrett Gilbertthe last 2 times). We're due.

And, for what it is worth - the most popular mascot names in Texas:

Mascots

The Top 10 names for Texas high school teams:1. Bulldogs, 812. Eagles, 773. Tigers, 654. Panthers, 515. Wildcats, 486. Mustangs 447. Lions, 348. Cougars, 289. Indians 2710. Pirates, 27

Source: "Mascot Mania," published by Texas Review Press

Hard to believe that Pearland is ranked ahead of Manvel.  My understanding is that Allen and Manvel have 25 D1 caliber players between the two of them.  That's salty.

The 5A and 6A schools are there now.

I'm unfamiliar with HS football.  My Calhoun (Port Lavaca) Sandcrabs were moved to a different district this season.  Can someone tell me if our new district is more difficult than previous seasons.

2014: 5A Region IV District 24

Foster

George Ranch

Calhoun (Port Lavaca)

Lamar Consolidated

Terry

Angelton

2013: 4A Region IV District 30

Calallen

Calhoun (Port Lavaca)

Victoria West

Gregory Portland

Tuluso Midway

Victoria East

Jones

Thanks!

And, for what it is worth - the most popular mascot names in Texas:

Mascots

The Top 10 names for Texas high school teams:1. Bulldogs, 812. Eagles, 773. Tigers, 654. Panthers, 515. Wildcats, 486. Mustangs 447. Lions, 348. Cougars, 289. Indians 2710. Pirates, 27

Source: "Mascot Mania," published by Texas Review Press

I am far more a fan of the unique names:

Port Lavaca Sand Craps have long been a favorite (even before SF girl graced us with her presence)

My own Randolph Ro-Hawks

Texas City Sting Rays

Frost Polar Bears

New Braunfels Unicorns (are they all trannies?  Or hot chicks over an 8 but less than a 5 crazy. . . and if you don't get the reference, I'll post the video and make your day)

Mesquite Skeeters

Rosco Plowboys

Grandview Zebras

and

Winters Blizzards

Just to name a few .  . .

Anyone notice the concentration of top team in the D/FW-North Central Texas region????    Wow. . . 

I'm unfamiliar with HS football.  My Calhoun (Port Lavaca) Sandcrabs were moved to a different district this season.  Can someone tell me if our new district is more difficult than previous seasons.

2014: 5A Region IV District 24

Foster

George Ranch

Calhoun (Port Lavaca)

Lamar Consolidated

Terry

Angelton

2013: 4A Region IV District 30

Calallen

Calhoun (Port Lavaca)

Victoria West

Gregory Portland

Tuluso Midway

Victoria East

Jones

Thanks!

Looks like you got away from Calallen, which should make things easier. Don't know much about Foster or GR but Lamar Consol used to be decent and Angelton, too.

Wasn't Jammer from Angelton?

Port Lavaca Sand Craps have long been a favorite (even before SF girl graced us with her presence)

My own Randolph Ro-Hawks

Texas City Sting Rays

Frost Polar Bears

New Braunfels Unicorns (are they all trannies?  Or hot chicks over an 8 but less than a 5 crazy. . . and if you don't get the reference, I'll post the video and make your day)

Mesquite Skeeters

Rosco Plowboys

Grandview Zebras

and

Winters Blizzards

Anyone notice the concentration of top team in the D/FW-North Central Texas region????    Wow. . . 

Echeese, Echeese, echeese, it is the Roscoe Ploughboys!  Naw, not really, but it should be, it IS Roscoe, but not Ploughboys, but it should be.

My own Randolph Ro-Hawks

Texas City Sting Rays

Frost Polar Bears

Mesquite Skeeters

Rosco Plowboys

Grandview Zebras

and

Winters Blizzards

Well, if you are going to honk off with this - how about these:

Leander Punchers

Knippa Rock Crushers

Robstown Cotton Pickers

Hamlin Pied Pipers

Itasca Wampus Cats

Progreso Red Ants (I've actually driven through Progreso)

Fredricksburg Battling Billies

Port Lavaca is about to be in an entire new world playing against these Houston area teams. George Ranch, Angleton, Terry all have a great deal of speed. Gilmer is going to be in the State game this year with Blake Lynch playing WR for them now. I think a team like them or Carthage may be to much. Argyle will probably be pretty good also. IMO Manval will be the best team in the Houston area. They are loaded like a freight train. I plan on posting the top match ups in each area if you guys want to attend some great Texas HS football.

What area are you guys in?????

Port Lavaca is about to be in an entire new world playing against these Houston area teams. George Ranch, Angleton, Terry all have a great deal of speed. Gilmer is going to be in the State game this year with Blake Lynch playing WR for them now. I think a team like them or Carthage may be to much. Argyle will probably be pretty good also. IMO Manval will be the best team in the Houston area. They are loaded like a freight train. I plan on posting the top match ups in each area if you guys want to attend some great Texas HS football.

What area are you guys in?????

I am wherever the best football game is, within driving distance of course. Not so much early in the season, but play off time I'm on the road every Friday or Saturday.

I'm in the DFW area.

Echeese, Echeese, echeese, it is the Roscoe Ploughboys!  Naw, not really, but it should be, it IS Roscoe, but not Ploughboys, but it should be.

OK, slow on the uptake tonight .. . . .

It is the Roscoe Plowboys

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/roscoe-plowboys-(roscoe,tx)/football/home.htm

I'm missing the joke. . . .maybe it was a strawman (more random humor. . . .though the over is looking good right now)

Who knows why, but at every Lewisville Farmers home game, they will announce updates to the Hutto Hippos vs whoever score.

Maybe like we used to announce Slippery Rock?   And a buddy of mine played football and volley ball at Slippery Rock. . . 

OK, slow on the uptake tonight .. . . .

It is the Roscoe Plowboys

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/roscoe-plowboys-(roscoe,tx)/football/home.htm

I'm missing the joke. . . .maybe it was a strawman (more random humor. . . .though the over is looking good right now)

Echeese, I grew up eight miles from Roscoe in Sweetwater.  Gotta stand up for my Plowboy friends.  There was a joke when I was growing up that the Plowboys shoulda been called the Ploughboys, the "English" translation we thought, because there was this engineer who helped lay out the railroads in that part of the country naming small wayside communities such as Orient and Bronte after literary references.  For some reason us Mustangs like to refer to the Roscoe kids as Ploughboys, and in turn they hated it.  Looking back on it, I cannot fathom why.  Just another reason to be upset about things that do not matter.  ;)