• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a$m proposed helmet re-design:  

Air Force put the warthog teeth on the helmet      

After posting within this thread for quite awhile I have come to the realization that it all reeks of USFL and NFL Europe, and of course the numerous arena leagues. I think that sums up most of the of

Posted Images

Just another "Top 25 Ugliest Uniforms in CFB" list.  Remember - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  I actually liked Iowa State's throwbacks last year.

http://www.csnwashington.com/media_gallery/25-ugliest-uniforms-college-football#slide-25

I have more to say about this than anyone is going to care to read. But I'm going to write it anyways as I think the guy is a few screws loose.

25) Texas A&M

I hate myself for defending Texas A&M on anything. I can not stand the Aggies but with that said, their Uniforms do not belong in anyone's 25 Worst College Football Uniforms list. While I agree with him that the grey facemask is out of place and it would serve better to be white, that isn't enough to warrant a Top 25 placing.

23) UConn

The new Connecticut Uniforms are actually some of my favorites in College Football right now. They managed to find the perfect blend of new-age and classic. The Uniforms themselves are actually fairly conservative and look pretty sharp. His beef is clearly with the Husky peering over the facemask which I think is awesome. It would work for very few schools but UConn is one of them. He states "I don't know which eyes to look at, the QB's or that darned Husky." That's the point, buddy. It's something to rattle the opponent, both intimidation wise and in messing with the defense. You think some players don't experience the same thing? Humans are naturally drawn to look at another's eyes. This can really mess with an opponent.

19) Northwestern

He again, calls out one of the more successful new-age designs. The stripe across the chest is unique to Northwestern and I think it fits the school like a glove.

17) Rutgers

While I'd agree that the Red Scarlet can be a bit much, I don't think this guy understands the purpose of the Uniform Concept. These are the Rutger Scarlet Knights. A Knight... Does he need this explained to him? Knights proudly boast their colors on banners (in this instance, a uniform), shields and etc. They also wear armor, which is almost chrome in appearance. I'm not a big fan of the Chrome look but if anyone has an excuse to use it, it's definitely Rutgers. Thus, I really feel like this Uniform Concept works for this school. And seriously, he uses the word red? How can you rate Uniforms when you can't even identify colors?

16) Western Kentucky

These uniforms really aren't all that special. But they're really not all that out there either. Which makes me really question how they could end up in a Top 25 worst list. My only problem with these Uniforms is they come with a Chrome helmet. Ditch the chrome helmet for a Primary Color metallic helmet and this Uniform is a very solid set.

12) Tulane

What in the world is wrong with these? They're fairly classic and old-school, just a tad more colorful. Smaller schools like Tulane have to throw out some threads that will draw attention, otherwise they'll be completely decimated in recruiting. I'm thinking this concept was lost on the author.

7) Memphis

I'm not a huge fan of these sets but like Western Kentucky, they aren't the worst either. They're a decent set of uniforms and I'm sure Memphis will get it's fair use out of them. Not to mention, Memphis let their student body vote on the new Uniforms which is awesome.

5) Indiana

I love all of the allegations that Indiana is ripping off Oklahoma. I guess this guy didn't bother to put in any research whatsoever but the Uniforms (Helmet aside) that Indiana wears in his picture are very similar to the Uniforms they wore back in the 80's. The helmet could be an eyesore for some but with a reserved Uniform, you can roll the dice a little more with the helmet. I'm not a huge chrome guy but I actually like the mix between the Chrome and Candy red striping. So long as that's all they do with the helmet, I'm okay with it. Either way, it's most definitely not a Top 5 worst.

1) Iowa State

Dude...these are throwback uniforms. There is a reason they're only worn on special occasions. When it comes to throwbacks, there are far worse out there. I do wish Iowa State would have revitalized the set some, maybe breathed some new air into it. As I don't like the number stitching on the uniforms. But these are not the worst in Football.

I have more to say about this than anyone is going to care to read. But I'm going to write it anyways as I think the guy is a few screws loose.

25) Texas A&M

I hate myself for defending Texas A&M on anything. I can not stand the Aggies but with that said, their Uniforms do not belong in anyone's 25 Worst College Football Uniforms list. While I agree with him that the grey facemask is out of place and it would serve better to be white, that isn't enough to warrant a Top 25 placing.

23) UConn

The new Connecticut Uniforms are actually some of my favorites in College Football right now. They managed to find the perfect blend of new-age and classic. The Uniforms themselves are actually fairly conservative and look pretty sharp. His beef is clearly with the Husky peering over the facemask which I think is awesome. It would work for very few schools but UConn is one of them. He states "I don't know which eyes to look at, the QB's or that darned Husky." That's the point, buddy. It's something to rattle the opponent, both intimidation wise and in messing with the defense. You think some players don't experience the same thing? Humans are naturally drawn to look at another's eyes. This can really mess with an opponent.

19) Northwestern

He again, calls out one of the more successful new-age designs. The stripe across the chest is unique to Northwestern and I think it fits the school like a glove.

17) Rutgers

While I'd agree that the Red Scarlet can be a bit much, I don't think this guy understands the purpose of the Uniform Concept. These are the Rutger Scarlet Knights. A Knight... Does he need this explained to him? Knights proudly boast their colors on banners (in this instance, a uniform), shields and etc. They also wear armor, which is almost chrome in appearance. I'm not a big fan of the Chrome look but if anyone has an excuse to use it, it's definitely Rutgers. Thus, I really feel like this Uniform Concept works for this school. And seriously, he uses the word red? How can you rate Uniforms when you can't even identify colors?

16) Western Kentucky

These uniforms really aren't all that special. But they're really not all that out there either. Which makes me really question how they could end up in a Top 25 worst list. My only problem with these Uniforms is they come with a Chrome helmet. Ditch the chrome helmet for a Primary Color metallic helmet and this Uniform is a very solid set.

12) Tulane

What in the world is wrong with these? They're fairly classic and old-school, just a tad more colorful. Smaller schools like Tulane have to throw out some threads that will draw attention, otherwise they'll be completely decimated in recruiting. I'm thinking this concept was lost on the author.

7) Memphis

I'm not a huge fan of these sets but like Western Kentucky, they aren't the worst either. They're a decent set of uniforms and I'm sure Memphis will get it's fair use out of them. Not to mention, Memphis let their student body vote on the new Uniforms which is awesome.

5) Indiana

I love all of the allegations that Indiana is ripping off Oklahoma. I guess this guy didn't bother to put in any research whatsoever but the Uniforms (Helmet aside) that Indiana wears in his picture are very similar to the Uniforms they wore back in the 80's. The helmet could be an eyesore for some but with a reserved Uniform, you can roll the dice a little more with the helmet. I'm not a huge chrome guy but I actually like the mix between the Chrome and Candy red striping. So long as that's all they do with the helmet, I'm okay with it. Either way, it's most definitely not a Top 5 worst.

1) Iowa State

Dude...these are throwback uniforms. There is a reason they're only worn on special occasions. When it comes to throwbacks, there are far worse out there. I do wish Iowa State would have revitalized the set some, maybe breathed some new air into it. As I don't like the number stitching on the uniforms. But these are not the worst in Football.

25) A&MOnly thing I don't like are those goofy beveled numbers.  Why isn't the helmet logo beveled, too?

23) UConn Yeah, crazy helmet logo works for them.  It's different, but their program has no real CFB tradition.

5) IndianaI hate the myriad of chrome helmet options.  It's too much.

Agree with everything else you've said

Thank you good sir. 

East Carolina - These guys should always be considered one of the best dressed. Love the new changes.

Duke - These changes actually made me a bit down. I really loved Duke's old style.

North Carolina State - I'm pretty torn here. I love the Wolf Eyes but it feels like too much on one helmet. Maybe they should have just added two new domes, so they could keep the nice black grid pattern on one and the wolf eyes on the other.

Purdue - Such an obnoxious stunt. I sincerely hope this doesn't become a new trend. 

Oklahoma - Every time I see their new uniforms, I think about how likely it's becoming that Texas will have an alternate in the coming years.

Oklahoma State - Love the image of the new Big XII logo on their turf.

TCU - I typically like TCU's style but that helmet is horrid. 

UAB - I still can't believe how "bold" they went with their new uniforms. I'll have to see them in action.

BYU - Those blue-out uniforms are straight up beautiful.

Notre Dame - The Shamrock Series grows on me more and more each time I see it.

Akron - Simple but modern, I dig it.

Eastern Michigan - What? How did I not hear about this before? I can't imagine that a Gray Field would look remotely decent. However, I guess I'll be desperately seeking out pictures now when they play their first game.

IbBJwKa.jpg

Air Force - Their new alts are pretty snazzy. 

Kentucky - "Severe case of missing identity. Must. Copy. Oregon."

LSU - Proof that font can make a difference.

Florida-Georgia - I love color v. color games. 

Maybe it's because red & orange are on the same color spectrum?  Not everyone can delineate hues in the same range easily.  Probably won't happen.

Probably a good point there. I'd like to see them try it once to see how it goes. Maybe next year for the 110th game. Maybe I'll send an e-mail to some AD's. That's actually the reason why Georgia and Florida are going color vs color this year...a fan e-mailed and asked them to do it. Maybe it's that simple? (Doubt it)

I'm surprised the NCAA isn't going to throw a fit about the Uniforms not matching. With that said, Navy is seriously about to have Top 5 Uniforms. Talk about style and substance.

Yeah, these new UA Navy uniforms are fantastic.  I hope the home navy jerseys and navy pants mirror this look because it's awesome!  Formal, Navy military dress.

460_345_resize.jpg