• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a$m proposed helmet re-design:  

Air Force put the warthog teeth on the helmet      

After posting within this thread for quite awhile I have come to the realization that it all reeks of USFL and NFL Europe, and of course the numerous arena leagues. I think that sums up most of the of

Posted Images

Lose the stripe, change the decal to solid white, & the facemask to burnt orange and you've got something. Otherwise, hell no.

http://247sports.com/Gallery/37651499/Photos/texaspng-3650290?View=Full#texaspng-3650290

3650290.png

The lacrosse club team, or possibly the Harry potter quiditch squad can sport these if they like. Football will stick with the best helmet in college football.

The lacrosse club team, or possibly the Harry potter quiditch squad can sport these if they like. Football will stick with the best helmet in college football.

Agree, but what makes Texas Athletics' look iconic?

I'd argue the Longhorn noggin logo and the color burnt orange. I don't think another helmet will detract from our brand and overall look. Yes, I know a traditional CFB program doesn't need "gimmicks".

Agree, but what makes Texas Athletics' look iconic?

I'd argue the Longhorn noggin logo and the color burnt orange. I don't think another helmet will detract from our brand and overall look. Yes, I know a traditional CFB program doesn't need "gimmicks".

I just think the helmet, all white with the longhorn logo, is a classic and iconic. It interesting watching the classic games on LHN and seeing how our jerseys, and decals, have morphed from a much brighter orange to the burnt orange that we know from the last 20 years. So who is to say what is the exact tradition for our color scheme? Either way, I am a crotchety old man of 42 and think our classic helmet is perfect. PS: get off my lawn and turn down that horrible music youngsters. Oh, and pull up your pants and put on a belt.

Didn't open the link before posting, but I really like the Vanderbilt uniforms. The gold and black helmets with the star look really good IMO. Tennessee's orange always reminds me of those soft orange carnival candies that look like peanuts. Did always enjoy those candies. I do think Tenn's endzone checkerboard scheme is kinda cool.

Didn't open the link before posting, but I really like the Vanderbilt uniforms. The gold and black helmets with the star look really good IMO. Tennessee's orange always reminds me of those soft orange carnival candies that look like peanuts. Did always enjoy those candies. I do think Tenn's endzone checkerboard scheme is kinda cool.

Yeah, black & gold is always a good look. This one is my favorite

tumblr_static_caleb.jpg

The other combinations aren't bad, but no match for the above ensemble IMO

New-Vanderbilt-Football-Uniforms.jpg

NBA signs deal with Nike; logo to appear on uniforms 

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13053413/nba-signs-8-year-apparel-deal-nike

The deal is an eight-year partnership. Financial terms were not immediately disclosed, but the deal is worth roughly $1 billion, according to sources, which is approximately a 245 percent annual increase from the previous deal.

So now each NBA team is obligated to wear a crappy Oregon Ducks uniform twice a year to fulfill the contract Phil Knight drew up.

More importantly, will Nike be willing to up the ante at UT with $2B tied up in NBA and NFL contracts? It's looking more like UA is gonna win our business. I'm okay with this, especially if they can get our burnt orange right!

IMO, it needs to be more brownish. \m/

m9TfbhddqJI3GPLVUTW9xxA.jpg

$_35.JPG