Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crossfire update (Unfriended)

HornSolo

As far as "inside info"  - I mean, come on.  You and I both know that "inside info" is nothing more than bait to attract subscibers, anyway.  Most of it is incorrect - i.e., the "en masse" rush to IT because of the optimistic reports of Saban coming to UT - thru their "inside info".  This turned out to be incredibly wrong.

Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner!

I would like to answer this question with my own reason for remaining on this site.

And the answer is:  YOU  and others like you.

I'm not a mod and I have no vested connection with this site.  But I enjoy the community aspect of it and I enjoy the comments and threads of posters just like yourself.

As far as "inside info"  - I mean, come on.  You and I both know that "inside info" is nothing more than bait to attract subscibers, anyway.  Most of it is incorrect - i.e., the "en masse" rush to IT because of the optimistic reports of Saban coming to UT - thru their "inside info".  This turned out to be incredibly wrong.

And, I have read where HS has gained credentials with UT - that's huge! 

I agree with the lack of practice reports - they could have done this.  You can bet, with the unhappiness in this thread, they will in the future.

But I speak the truth and I repeat, I am here to read what YOU have to say.  It's worth the money to me - I mean it's the price of a cup of coffee, a month.

I can understand if you were on here for different reasons, but I would hate to see you leave because you are a valued poster - and a charter member.

Appreciate it Doc and Slim's post is spot on as well.  I don't want to leave.  I want the site to continue it's progressions as was laid out months ago.  I don't want it to turn into OB etc.  I'm leaving OB for all the reasons many of us have experienced.  I'm simply concerned with the lack of apparent progress as the stated plans were extremely impressive.  Having a mod generated summary of the open practices or what the mods are hearing from practices or inside the team would be appreciated along with our mods takes on these developments.  Just because Chip or Burton says something, doesn't mean that's the gold standard.

Cut that out! :)

I have to admit that it WAS kind of creepy when I did not know what it was before he told me.  You know ... this kind of electric buzz thingy coming out of the ether seemingly from nowhere ... but he meant well.  ;)

Appreciate it Doc and Slim's post is spot on as well.  I don't want to leave.  I want the site to continue it's progressions as was laid out months ago.  I don't want it to turn into OB etc.  I'm leaving OB for all the reasons many of us have experienced.  I'm simply concerned with the lack of apparent progress as the stated plans were extremely impressive.  Having a mod generated summary of the open practices or what the mods are hearing from practices or inside the team would be appreciated along with our mods takes on these developments.  Just because Chip or Burton says something, doesn't mean that's the gold standard.

Couldn't agree more.  This site seems to be growng and also seems to be having growing pains.  Honestly, I think it is still trying to find its niche.

Maybe they already have someone, but they need an employee working for the site.  Someone dedicated to reporting UT news and happenings.

But, it's not up to me to tell them how to run their business.  I'm just an old, self centered, medico that tends to run my mouth too much.

By-the-way, are you the same ATX that comments on IT?

For me, the issue is simple.  Whether I pay $100 per year or get a discount, I expect value for my investment.

I do not feel that I am getting value.

Please accept this post as notice that I will not renew.

If a pro-rated refund is available, please cancel my sub immediately.  If not, please do not renew my subscription.

I think dillo slim....? Bunts?

Armadillo Slim and the bunts refers to his disdain for the small ball approach our Horns baseball team uses. . . 

While I think the staff has made a large mistake which will needlessly cost them business. . . .I like the site and the community. . . 

Face it, no one is going to top 24/7 for pure info. . . .nor is anyone every going to top the 800 lb gorrilla that is OB .. 

What we can do is blend content with community. . . many of us migrated over here from a private board Matt and others ran and this very much has the feel of that board. . . .

Why not carve out a niche where  can discuss Horn sports, where we can create our own niche. . . just my view from the Cheap Seats.. .

The thing I would add is that all of this could have been avoided if there was more communication.

If a feature on the site is going away or delayed just tell us.

If you welcome an insider or key contributor and for whatever reason things don’t work out or they are going to be away for a while...(Shaunster, Adams, McPaul) just tell us.

If you’re working on things that you think will make this site better but it’s not ready for prime time yet just tell us.

If your hoping things just go away if no one says anything I think this conversation proves that’s not going to happen.

Armadillo Slim and the bunts refers to his disdain for the small ball approach our Horns baseball team uses. . . 

While I think the staff has made a large mistake which will needlessly cost them business. . . .I like the site and the community. . . 

Face it, no one is going to top 24/7 for pure info. . . .nor is anyone every going to top the 800 lb gorrilla that is OB .. 

What we can do is blend content with community. . . many of us migrated over here from a private board Matt and others ran and this very much has the feel of that board. . . .

Why not carve out a niche where  can discuss Horn sports, where we can create our own niche. . . just my view from the Cheap Seats.. .

I totally agree with this. You folks in control are, imo, wrong in considering this "either-or." Crossfire is important to a lot of us and does not detract from the more serious work being posted here. there is room for both.