Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crossfire update (Unfriended)

HornSolo

Why am I getting the impression that McPhaul's " Friend Of Bevo has unfriended him or something. Where the heck is my Crossfire....I want my

Crossfire !!!!

Sorry, major Crossfire withdrawals as you can see..

Have a great weekend HornSports family. :)

There is a mystery going on that really needs to be resolved. Will there be a Crossfire or will there not?

Some people came here for the specific purpose of having access to Crossfire - and then it's stopped?

Some sort of explanation and announcement of intentions here would be good for everyone, IMO.

• Administrators

Horn Sports members,

We are revamping some things related to the way content is disseminated and the way it looks.  We are ironing out the kinks with all of our content pieces to ensure continuity for the foreseeable future. Things should be more predictable /stable with the delivery of our weekly pieces very soon.

Thanks for your patience and support.

HS Staff 

Horn Sports members,

We are revamping some things related to the way content is disseminated and the way it looks. We are ironing out the kinks with all of our content pieces to ensure continuity for the foreseeable future. Things should be more predictable /stable with the delivery of our weekly pieces very soon.

HS Staff

Ok, need my decoder ring to decipher this comment!!

I subscribed to this board specifically to have access to Crossfire.  I really don't care about what kind of car you would like to drive to DKR, what golf courses to play, or for that matter landscaping (I live in Mexico.)  What I do care about is informed opinions about Longhorns sports.  During the upheaval last fall and winter this site was nails.  Sure, some of the opinions didn't come to fruition, but they were informed opinions from legitimate sources.  That's all you can ask for.  

Horn Sports members,

We are revamping some things related to the way content is disseminated and the way it looks. We are ironing out the kinks with all of our content pieces to ensure continuity for the foreseeable future. Things should be more predictable /stable with the delivery of our weekly pieces very soon.

HS Staff

Why does it take a subscriber post to find this out? Why wouldn't a mod proactively post this info?

It would be nice to have a few specifics to hang our hats on.  The things being worked on by the staff will most likely be satisfactory, but I think most of us subscribers would like to have a bit more data on how things will flesh out eventually.

The current situation is somewhat reminiscent of the times we went through when conference restructuring was the hot topic and then when the "will Mack go or will he stay" crap hit the fan.

In other words, it is a very frustrating time for those of us on the outside looking in.

I subscribed to this board specifically to have access to Crossfire. I really don't care about what kind of car you would like to drive to DKR, what golf courses to play, or for that matter landscaping (I live in Mexico.) What I do care about is informed opinions about Longhorns sports. During the upheaval last fall and winter this site was nails. Sure, some of the opinions didn't come to fruition, but they were informed opinions from legitimate sources. That's all you can ask for.

Agreed. If Crossfire by Darrell goes away, I'm gone as well. Unfortunately, the content on this site is severely lacking and delayed vs other sites, EXCEPT for Darrell's info. These cryptic messages by mods about changes, and only when forced by subscriber posts is unacceptable.

McPaul created a monster. . . .and it's name is crossfire. . . .

Personally, I think the staff is doing a great job and I enjoy 90% of the commentary on the boards.    When they let me, I enjoy mocking the 10%. . . 

But hey, that's just me. . . .

I think HS needs to sit down with it's key people (maybe get some mindless fan input. . .I nominate Me, JoeWa, S-T-P, SFGirl (she classes up the place) and JB) and decide what it wants to be. . . 

Then tell us what you decide. . .  .

Being pro-active with customers is always a good thing. . . .

McPaul created a monster. . . .and it's name is crossfire. . . .

Personally, I think the staff is doing a great job and I enjoy 90% of the commentary on the boards.    When they let me, I enjoy mocking the 10%. . . 

But hey, that's just me. . . .

I think HS needs to sit down with it's key people (maybe get some mindless fan input. . .I nominate Me, JoeWa, S-T-P, SFGirl (she classes up the place) and JB) and decide what it wants to be. . . 

Then tell us what you decide. . .  .

Being pro-active with customers is always a good thing. . . .

i'm flattered by the mention, but i wouldn't want to be part of any club that would have someone like me as a member.

any chance to quote groucho marx, i'm taking.

i'm flattered by the mention, but i wouldn't want to be part of any club that would have someone like me as a member.

STP, S-T-P is an oil additive.  Just thought you would wanta know. ... Wait!  Whut?

Horn Sports members,

We are revamping some things related to the way content is disseminated and the way it looks.  We are ironing out the kinks with all of our content pieces to ensure continuity for the foreseeable future. Things should be more predictable /stable with the delivery of our weekly pieces very soon.

HS Staff 

I'm not a premium member so my opinion probably doesn't matter. But this "explanation" is so weak that's it's laughable.

I subscribed to this board specifically to have access to Crossfire. I really don't care about what kind of car you would like to drive to DKR, what golf courses to play, or for that matter landscaping (I live in Mexico.) What I do care about is informed opinions about Longhorns sports. During the upheaval last fall and winter this site was nails. Sure, some of the opinions didn't come to fruition, but they were informed opinions from legitimate sources. That's all you can ask for.

Are you sure you were on THIS site during the coaching change (upheaval)??

I'm going to have to agree with the others here.  I'm not a paying member and the reason is I haven't seen anything on this site I'd spend 5 bucks a month for.

To be honest you guys might have sources but I haven't seen anything here that I couldn't have gotten from one of the other sites for free.

And that was before you started charging for premium content.  Now that your charging the content has actually gone down not gotten better.

And no just welcoming a new "insider" every couple weeks who tend to disappear over time is not what your members should be paying for.

Having said all that I do enjoy the people on this site and will be back no matter if there is a crossfire or not.  I just wont ever be a paying member.

For me, I came to this site right after it started and during the meltdown and venom of OB and because McPhaul and I have always had a cordial and respectful relationship. Crossfire was why I became a paying member. I've mentioned the inconsistencies before and was more or less told to mind my tongue.

Well, I have and things have not improved. The staff needs to know that if your marquee item, your biggest selling point isn't delivered and paying members are given excuses and lip service, then the biggest reason for coming here is gone.

I've enjoyed the time here and I hope you get your problems worked out. But I won't be renewing at the end of this month.

Hook'em!

For me, I came to this site right after it started and during the meltdown and venom of OB and because McPhaul and I have always had a cordial and respectful relationship. Crossfire was why I became a paying member. I've mentioned the inconsistencies before and was more or less told to mind my tongue.

Well, I have and things have not improved. The staff needs to know that if your marquee item, your biggest selling point isn't delivered and paying members are given excuses and lip service, then the biggest reason for coming here is gone.

I've enjoyed the time here and I hope you get your problems worked out. But I won't be renewing at the end of this month.

Hook'em!

I would ask you give them a chance to work it out. . . 

Site has some real upside but I agree, cannot dump a prime feature. . .and in time, I hope it's not the only prime feature. . . 

you will note I specified "mindless" fans. . . .sorry . .. while I agree with Groucho too. . . you made the list. . . 

I made the mistake of paying for a year in advance.  Am hoping I can have consideration for a pro-rated refund as I may be shutting down my sub as well.  The reasons are well documented on this thread and I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about how Darrell is being treated either.

I hate to agree with everyone but I'm kinda getting to the point were I'm thinking about canceling too. I'm looking at the board right now, there's one premium topic pinned the rest are about BBQ, Landscaping, Business, recipes etc. I like the people and the environment here but not enough to pay for this site versus one that keeps up with extra content. For example BurntOrangeNation already has a full breakdown of today's practice written up http://www.burntorangenation.com/2014/8/10/5988525/fall-2014-open-practice-notes-david-ash-charlie-strong-texas-longhorns I'm sure the other sites do too. I come here and there's nothing but what other members have linked from other sites. Don't get me wrong, I really want you guys to succeed and I like the idea behind this site and I was more than happy paying for Crossfire and similar articles(chalk talk being one of them) that gave me good insight of the program and how people involved with it were thinking but once most of that disappeared, I just can't justify paying anymore only for content that I can get from other sites very easily.