Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT - The Dallas Cowboys

Lord Vader

Just how bad will they be this year?  

I can forsee a 4-12 season with at least two horrific losses (30 plus points). Should be the end of Garrett. Could be the worst defense in NFL history.

Witten is getting old. Early schedule is brutal. 

What say you folks?

Probably 8-8 again. Offense will be pretty good I think (IF the Oline keeps improving and Murray can find a way to stay relatively healthy all year). Defense still appears to be a pieced together piece of shit but I think Marinelli will be a better coordinator than Kiffin was.

geez

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

Indeed ....

OXNARD, Calif. -- A brawl during Tuesday's joint practice between the Dallas Cowboys andOakland Raiders featured a brief altercation between a fan and Dallas cornerback B.W. Webb.

The unidentified Raiders fan hit Webb in the back twice with his hand and a third time with a helmet before the second-year cornerback reacted. Webb swiped at the fan with his right hand as the brawl broke up.

"Two teams going after it and happened to be some fans, too," Webb said. "Hey man, it happened. I wasn't expecting that. But whoever jumped on my back, I had to get them off. Hey, you got to let them know, man, the only thing protecting you is this fence."

The Cowboys tweeted a photo of the two teams skirmishing Tuesday evening:

Bu49B-eCQAAX3ke.png

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11345924/oakland-raiders-fan-hits-dallas-cowboys-bw-webb-joint-practice-brawl

8-8  8-8  8-8

Last 3 seasons, each marked by a loss the 17th week which would have handed Da Boys the division. . . 

I said at the time Jerry should sign Romo to a huge contract, now more cap drag.. . .

If Romo plays 16 (not unlike the Horns) I can see anything from 7-9 to 9-7 but the schedule is brutal. . . 

Why they have not added a young "development" type QB is beyond me . ..

I honestly would love a 5-11 season with a draft pick worthy of trade down not trade up.    The last 3 years of drafts have been good overall.  Time to look to the future.

Jerry Jones is an exceptionally mediocre GM, as evidenced by the fact the Cowboys are a cumulative 146-142 in the 18 seasons since their last Super Bowl victory. Once Jimmy Johnson's influence fully waned the Cowboys have been nothing but crappy. Therefore, it is a safe bet to presume the Cowboys organization will continue to put up exceptionally mediocre records as long as Skeletor remains in charge. 8-8 is the best case scenario.

Who would you draft 1sr round in 2015 draft?

Damn good question. There are SO many holes on this team that really need upgrading.

I would seriously consider QB though, depending on who is available. Romo's successor need's to be brought in soon and with his back the way it is and after 2 back surgeries, he's as fragile as Ash is for us right now.

Damn good question. There are SO many holes on this team that really need upgrading.

I would seriously consider QB though, depending on who is available. Romo's successor need's to be brought in soon and with his back the way it is and after 2 back surgeries, he's as fragile as Ash is for us right now.

Good QB class next draft.

First round pick had to be a defensive play maker. As long as The owner thinks Romo can play then using the first pick on a QB that is going to sit a year or two is a waste. With so many holes our first pick has to contribute now.

Normally, I would agree but there is so much uncertainty around Romo's back, its not even funny. Many believe the next hit he takes could quite possibly do him in for good.

Normally, I would agree but there is so much uncertainty around Romo's back, its not even funny. Many believe the next hit he takes could quite possibly do him in for good.

A lot of the mocks, for this reason, have us taking Winston. (As they also have us picking Top 10)

A lot of the mocks, for this reason, have us taking Winston. (As they also have us picking Top 10)

Winston wouldn't be a bad pick up. I actually think Hundley @ UCLA may be a better QB though. Winston's attitude just doesn't sit well with me with the things he's pulled off the field.

Winston wouldn't be a bad pick up. I actually think Hundley @ UCLA may be a better QB though. Winston's attitude just doesn't sit well with me with the things he's pulled off the field.

Which is probably why he's a perfect fit in Dallas. He's polarizing.

That said, I actually agree with you. I'd rather trade down if Hundley drops and see if we couldn't pick up an extra 1st in 2016.

If Romo goes down I understand the thought process of picking a QB. But what if he plays every game and had decent stats?

To me, not a question of if but rather when he hangs them up. . .the 5 year deal was a huge mistake (and said it at the time).

I'm a BIG fan of trading down (as trading up has been a loser overall for Jerrah) and acquiring more picks. . . Da Boys have been doing a really good job rounds 3-7 and in undrafted FA. . . .

Speaking of which, it looks like Armad Dixon is going to be a contributor this year. . .pretty good pick with a #7. . . .though I think they screwed up passing in Jeffcoat . ..

I would love to kick Jerry's ass for not drafting Jeffcoat. I also think the Romo deal was stupid, but that is the basket that jerry put the eggs in. We can't trade him and he can't sit the bench with that contract. How much dead money do we have if we cut him in two years. I think we will have cap space in 2016.