Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saturday with BevoMav

beevomav

Terrell Owens got a new teammate on Friday when former Longhorn RB Ramonce Taylor signed with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League.

Former Longhorn Garrett Gilbert won't have to sit out next season and will be granted an NCAA waiver. He will have two years of eligibility at SMU since he will graduate this summer from UT....Does anyone else think it is strange he will transfer but still attends classes at UT?

UT women's hoops is looking at North Texas University head coach Karen Aston as HC of the Lady Horns. Ashton did a great job of turning around the Mean Green's basketball program. She took over a five win team and turned that into fifteen wins in her first year. She has Texas ties from coaching under the legendary Jody Conradt from 1998-2006. She worked as recruiting coordinator and helped sign 25 nationally ranked recruits.

Sunday is the annual Orange-White spring football game and you can get alerts from BevoBall.Com's own Coach B, before, during and after the game.

The game is also one of the last times to make an impression to key recruits.

This year the Longhorns will bring in several high profile recruiting targets for the 2013 season........' Scheduled to attend: (2) out of state recruits...CB Cole Luke of AZ and one of the top recruits at his position....also.....Von Bell..S..GA..one of the top recruits in the country....The visit of these two is monumental because this will be their only chance to see the program....

(2) instate DB's are no strangers to UT..CB Antwan Davis of Bastrop and Fort Bend Dulles CB Maurice Smith have visited with coaches and been on campus many times..

Several more possible recruits will probably be in attendance but none have so far confirmed. A few according to BON will be in attendance but probably won't be offered..

For those keeping track and we do, UT now has (13) recruits for the 2013 season and included (1) 5 Star (9) 4 Star and (3) 3 Star recruits. The Longhorns are ranked #1 in Rivals recruiting rankings after finishing #2 in 2012. Hook Em!

As has been said here before the RB competition between Brown and Bergeron has heated up and both are said to be doing well with the edge going slightly to Bergeron. It will be interesting to see what happens this fall when 'you know who' shows up to add his talents to the mix?

Texas baseball got a big recruit this week with the announcement that CF Weston Hall of the 2011 JUCO national champions was bringing his talents to Austin..He was highly recruited from Texas Tech but the Austin native said it was a dream to play for the Longhorns....In a recent game Hall had three bunt singles and three stolen bases..His speed will fit right in UT's small ball approach.

UT Basketball is off to a good start as well. Their 2013 recruiting class has them with (5) recruits including 5 Star commit Cameron Ridley and the 6-foot-10 center will have (2) 4 Star and (2) 3 Star commits with him. When you add in highly recruited Myck Kabongo announcing he will return for his sophomore season it looks like high times for Rick Barnes' 2013 Longhorns.

Finally from YardBarker..The worst College Rap Song.."Crackas in Austin.":cool:

Video: The newest best worst college rap song

• Administrators

I did happen to read Max Olsen's tweet that the NCAA approved 2 years of eligibility for our old friend GG. We expected they would but I had no idea he was still enrolled at UT. At least he has the where with all to know how valuable a UT degree is and I commend him on that. I supposed he ends up with a Master's degree too from SMU if he works things right. I wish the guy well with the Ponies.

Ont eh women's bb hire, Aston is someone that could bring the "Conradt effect" back to Austin. Coach G was a good hire at the time but we were unable to reap the benefits she brought to the table. Perhaps the recruiting, or lack thereof had a lot to do with it. If Aston can bring the blue chippers to Austin then I say we should give her a shot. Or we just offer Baylor's Coach M so much money she can't refuse and let it be!

The running back horses will separate themselves... or will they? Look for Bergeron to be the horse. That's a fact.

I wanted to throw something else out. It was reported that Mack Brown claimed the "media" has "made" David Ash the starter and that Case McCoy has performed exceptionally well this Spring. I think Mack should have not made that comment. I have a feeling that we will continue to see a 2 qb system this year - that's just my opinion. Ash may get more snaps but expect to see McCoy play - and not just mop-up time.

The Vonn Bell visit is big but I am about 90% sure he stays close to home or at least in the SEC.

Where do I get my Wrangler tickets?

to-ifl.jpg

I wonder the impact of Jalen Overstreet to the program? He seems such a natural fit for the Wild Horn but it is really hard for a freshman to come in without enrolling in the spring and contribute. The good ones know this and prepare for it.

I don't see either RB's keeping Gray off the filed. He is a home run on any given play. I like Joe but don't want to see that plodding style on a consistent basis, but I will support any of these guys..

Beevomav I agree with you. Overstreet is probably one of those incredible talents that SHOULD redshirt this year but he is not even in the same breath as MCCoy, Ash or Connor Brewer. He will not be up to speed but that does not mean he won't get a fair shake. Just hope they don't use him as a wr or something this year because of his athleticism.