Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Was the Information Source for Player Dismissals?

Juan Grande asked this in another thread but I was thinking the same thing last Thursday and Friday when the information started coming out and then when information came out that Strong was meeting with the players today.

How did this information become public before things were official?

How did it become public before Coach Strong had spoken to the players involved?

Where was the information coming from?

Juan Grande asked this in another thread but I was thinking the same thing last Thursday and Friday when the information started coming out and then when information came out that Strong was meeting with the players today.

How did this information become public before things were official?

How did it become public before Coach Strong had spoken to the players involved?

Where was the information coming from?

Both the lack of spelling errors and the fact it was actually information relayed to the media eliminates Nick. 

Does it really matter how the information was disseminated? This was unquestionably something Bellmont wanted to get in front of and getting information to individuals covering the program with some additional information to report was far better than info leaking out in drips and drabs or having a bombshell hit the newswire and confusion reigning. The way it happened was bad enough. It could have been far worse. I would give Bellmont a B+ for the way this was handled. Not great, but not bad. 

Both the lack of spelling errors and the fact it was actually information relayed to the media eliminates Nick. 

Does it really matter how the information was disseminated? This was unquestionably something Bellmont wanted to get in front of and getting information to individuals covering the program with some additional information to report was far better than info leaking out in drips and drabs or having a bombshell hit the newswire and confusion reigning. The way it happened was bad enough. It could have been far worse. I would give Bellmont a B+ for the way this was handled. Not great, but not bad. 

So the bottom line is the information came from Charlie Strong.

As badly as the UT football brand had been beaten bloody over the past six months, there isn't a lot of room for error before the brand starts suffering some lasting damage. With the season coming up, it is time for Bellmont to start rolling out the Charlie Strong era. Coach Strong may have sent a message to a few players, but the message was unquestionably intended for a far larger audience. It could have been a disaster if (yet again), Bellmont had lost control of this story when it broke. Just as easy as the "Charlie Strong, lough leader" perception, it could have been "UT football, spinning out of control." Managing release of the message to keep control of the story is what needed to be done. 

Bellmont still needs to drop an official statement on who is gone and what Bellmont wants the message to be. The last part of this will be some sort of follow-up. They may give the story of what happened when to a writer and let them publish an inside story. My preference would be for Coach Strong to schedule a couple of one-on-one press interviews to deal with the subject and to talk about the upcoming season. Whoever gets to write the story, or whoever gets the first interview is probably the person who was first given the info on the dismissals of the players. 

As badly as the UT football brand had been beaten bloody over the past six months, there isn't a lot of room for error before the brand starts suffering some lasting damage. With the season coming up, it is time for Bellmont to start rolling out the Charlie Strong era. Coach Strong may have sent a message to a few players, but the message was unquestionably intended for a far larger audience. It could have been a disaster if (yet again), Bellmont had lost control of this story when it broke. Just as easy as the "Charlie Strong, lough leader" perception, it could have been "UT football, spinning out of control." Managing release of the message to keep control of the story is what needed to be done. 

You once asked if I thought you were "some kind of F***ing moron". . .. . your quote btw .. . a question I have never answered. . . 

Mainly because the answer is so obvious. . . .

RD, you would gain some credibility if you would simply admit you were wrong or that you over reacted.   But you seem dead set on sticking to your position regardless of facts or reality . .. . 

Back to the OP,

It would be interesting to know what the original source was. . . .there were some early rumblings .. . I am betting player parents as I got the news before it was "public" from a player's parent. . ..