Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crossfire & 20 questions

Horn 4VR

Guys this really is becoming a joke. Week in and week out this gets moved so much it's ridiculous. I ponied up the membership fee for this insider info and felt like I've been sold a bill of goods. I not the one that usually bitches, but some consistency would be nice!

Guys this really is becoming a joke. Week in and week out this gets moved so much it's ridiculous. I ponied up the membership fee for this insider info and felt like I've been sold a bill of goods. I not the one that usually bitches, but some consistency would be nice!

Hay don't make me go all Charlie Strong on you man....

1st,

It's the summer. . .there is seldom much info. . . 

2nd

70% of those claiming to be insiders were largely full of shit .. . . I find it hilarious to recently read Hay Suess flat out fabricating a story about coaches from the clinic writing a letter asking CFS never to return. . .story is complete nonsense and the only thing funnier than him writting it is idiots believing it

3rd

McPaul and others REGULARLY share the info they do receive.. . . 

4th

If you need to leave, send me a PM. . .I'll make sure I go recruit 4-5 paying members to make up for it. . .

I agree with echeese. You can't manufacture news. If it's not there, it's not there. I'd rather get good stuff from McPhaul...even if just occasional... as opposed to something just thrown together for the sake of having something. So far as the questions, many of them were answered by events that unfolded during the week and which are now common knowledge. What was left probably didn't amount to enough to justify creating a thread.

This board is worth 5 bucks a month. It's important that everyone kick in a bit. The owners aren't getting rich at this rate.

Time to chill a bit, I think.  Their was a previous thread explaining the situation this week.  With regards to the overall situation, remember that things changed for the majority of sources for all of the so called insiders with the regime change.  A lot of folks with "insider connections" found themselves on the outside looking in, and I think that that probably is a good thing.  It takes time to create new relationships, and inside connections may never go back to operating in anything close to the manner as they did before. Things will shake out to the new reality when the season gets here.

Sorry, but if you're on this board for insider info you're wasting time. It's a fun community but damn near every meaningful bite is a cut/paste from another site.

If you only knew how incorrect your statement is.  Like it or not, Darrell is very, very well connected.  His sources don't always get it right, but they do get inside scoop and share it even thought it may change.  You should call or privately email Darrell soon to better understand what I'm clarifying here.

If you only knew how incorrect your statement is.  Like it or not, Darrell is very, very well connected.  His sources don't always get it right, but they do get inside scoop and share it even thought it may change.  You should call or privately email Darrell soon to better understand what I'm clarifying here.

I've got to agree here.

"Friend of Bevo" is not just one big money donor or connection (and I distinguish that intentionally). There are several. It's my understanding that some Friend of Bevo stuff is from the BMDs he knows and chats with while other info comes from other sources. I don't know of anyone else as well connected.

But someone else is right, above, as well. Sometimes, there's just not much there. Summer can be brutal on a football fan. I know, I'm one of them.

I'd encourage the OP to stick it out. As we get closer to football season, the info will start to pour again.

I've got to agree here.

"Friend of Bevo" is not just one big money donor or connection (and I distinguish that intentionally). There are several. It's my understanding that some Friend of Bevo stuff is from the BMDs he knows and chats with while other info comes from other sources. I don't know of anyone else as well connected.

But someone else is right, above, as well. Sometimes, there's just not much there. Summer can be brutal on a football fan. I know, I'm one of them.

I'd encourage the OP to stick it out. As we get closer to football season, the info will start to pour again.

Nope, SHL!  We need someting else to entertain ourselves in the Dog Days of Summer ... break out the Boiling Tar and Feather ... yep, you read that right!  We get only one feather ... we must show fiscal responsibility!  ;)

Are you saying we can PM Darrell and he will explain and identify his sources??  That would be helpful to those of us that are doubters. 

Sorry guys, a little bit and frustration and a lot of Shiner Bock didn't mix well yesterday eve.    Hook'em!!!!

If I may?

Inside information is nebulous at best.  When it does exist, 99.9% is skewed by the messengers personal take of the info.  The comparison is the old saw of 10 people passing a bit of gossip.  Telling person #1 that "the sky is falling - pass it on" will finally reach the tenth person as "Three pies were eaten by two deer, last fall".

Consider the big Saban debacle.  There were a couple of BMD's that were convinced they had him.  The fact was, Saban's agent was feeding them a line of BS and they bought it.  The humerous part of the rumor was Saban's wife buying a house in Austin - confirmed by the friends of so called realtors that were helping her.  And EVERONE forgot there was a chain of command, at UT, that had to be followed for the hiring of a head coach and, as we found out, no rogue BMD's were going to override that responsibility.

This was just one instance of so called inside info that proved to be totally wrong.

My point is - if you signed on to a blog for "inside info" you are naive.  TOS promotes "Inside the Humidor" and references "The Big Cigar", which is nothing more than a collective offering their opinions.  The key word here is "opinions".

This is a good site.  Personal attacks are kept to a minimum and this allows posts from those that might be intimidated otherwise.  Everyone knows that the other sites are infested with internet bullies that delight in taking posters to task.

This one tries to maintain a modicum of civility and mods, like McPhaul, will occasionally offer tidbits that are of interest.

What more do you want?

If you only knew how incorrect your statement is. Like it or not, Darrell is very, very well connected. His sources don't always get it right, but they do get inside scoop and share it even thought it may change. You should call or privately email Darrell soon to better understand what I'm clarifying here.

all that's good and well, but am I wrong in saying most of the fresh news lately about suspensions and recruits has come from links from Howe, brown and others?

My tone in my original post was unnecessarily snarky and I regret that.

all that's good and well, but am I wrong in saying most of the fresh news lately about suspensions and recruits has come from links from Howe, brown and others?

My tone in my original post was unnecessarily snarky and I regret that.

We all do things we regret...like that one time I tried to sit through Casablanca. Talk about BRUTAL!

Sorry guys, a little bit and frustration and a lot of Shiner Bock didn't mix well yesterday eve.    Hook'em!!!!

One of the problems of the net is that tone is seldom conveyed or conveyed correctly. . . 

Good job stepping up and saying things might not have come out the way intended. . . 

Beats the hell out of often wrong, never in doubt but always in your face . . .