Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It is currently 1:03 a.m.

I know that you probably already know this, but they always have.  It is an endemic condition in Mobilehoma.

I live relatively close to I-35 in Lewisville area. Every year, I see them stream by in their way overdecorated mobile homes in tow. They walk in our stores and act like they own the place. I can hardly stomach it so I usually just stay home if I can. Every year it's this way. One year, someone hung a banner on an overpass going south on I-35 saying "OU fans, exit now. Cotton Bowl moved to Ft Worth."

I live relatively close to I-35 in Lewisville area. Every year, I see them stream by in their way overdecorated mobile homes in tow. They walk in our stores and act like they own the place. I can hardly stomach it so I usually just stay home if I can. Every year it's this way. One year, someone hung a banner on an overpass going south on I-35 saying "OU fans, exit now. Cotton Bowl moved to Ft Worth."

Shoot, SHL!  The ones in the overdecorated travel trailers - surely you are not suggesting that they come down for the Red River Ribaldry in mobile homes like Wisenant illustrates! - are the more well off of them.  At least they got  a little money to spend.  It is interesting, or maybe it isn't, to think about who these people are and how they got that way.  It is obvious that when you cross over the Red River and stop in any small town, well, they are different.  When I was growing up in West Texas, there were a lot of people who identified more with Oklahoma than with Texas in general, not to mention the universities. I guess that when you put a bunch of them Grapes of Wrath people in close proximity to each other, with not much to do, and tell them that "Oklalhoma is OK!", for Rogers and Hammerstein has told told them so - well, strange things happen.

Shoot, SHL!  The ones in the overdecorated travel trailers - surely you are not suggesting that they come down for the Red River Ribaldry in mobile homes like Wisenant illustrates! - are the more well off of them.  At least they got  a little money to spend.  It is interesting, or maybe it isn't, to think about who these people are and how they got that way.  It is obvious that when you cross over the Red River and stop in any small town, well, they are different.  When I was growing up in West Texas, there were a lot of people who identified more with Oklahoma than with Texas in general, not to mention the universities. I guess that when you put a bunch of them Grapes of Wrath people in close proximity to each other, with not much to do, and tell them that "Oklalhoma is OK!", for Rogers and Hammerstein has told told them so - well, strange things happen.

There are some nice things about the state of Oklahoma. The Ouachita Mtns are very nice, remote, and aren't so far away from me. But yea, when you stop for a bite, you're reminded soon that you're not in Texas anymore.

We have a lot of Horns who are stuck in Oklahoma. This explains the recent advances the state has made in recent years :) 

There are some nice things about the state of Oklahoma. The Ouachita Mtns are very nice, remote, and aren't so far away from me. But yea, when you stop for a bite, you're reminded soon that you're not in Texas anymore.

We have a lot of Horns who are stuck in Oklahoma. This explains the recent advances the state has made in recent years :)

The far eastern slice of Oklahoma is surely beautiful, but it is a lot like the southernmost slice of Missouri ... kind of like the Land That Time Forgot!  Hell! Eureka Springs and Fayetteville over in Arkansas are far more civilized!  I am especially partial to the area around Yellville and Ralph!