Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What a day...

Sean Adams

If guys are coloring outside the lines they better chill. The water is warm and Charlie Strong ain’t playing! #DisciplineIsAFriendOfSuccess

My goodness. Mack Brown has to be sitting at home happy that he is not an analyst for ESPN tomorrow. 

There are some players that are happy with what happened and there are some that are mad. I bet the first group is way bigger and the second is shrinking by the minute. If you saw Quandre Diggs tweets today you can tell that he was expressing a level of frustration where he just wanted to clean up the locker room.

If guys are coloring outside the lines they better chill. The water is warm and Charlie Strong ain’t playing! #DisciplineIsAFriendOfSuccess

My goodness. Mack Brown has to be sitting at home happy that he is not an analyst for ESPN tomorrow. 

There are some players that are happy with what happened and there are some that are mad. I bet the first group is way bigger and the second is shrinking by the minute. If you saw Quandre Diggs tweets today you can tell that he was expressing a level of frustration where he just wanted to clean up the locker room.

I didn't see his tweets. What was he saying?

• Administrators

I had a similar thought, but I don't sound nearly as cool when I think.

Cool is only a state of mind, Cotch.

Now seriously, with Charlie Strong the line appears to be very clear:  You take care of your responsibilities and act appropriately or you will not have a place on this football team.  Remember when Joe Bergeron was on thin ice? Charlie Strong has this to say: 

"He'll return in the fall If he does what I ask him, then he has an opportunity to be back in the summer,"

Joe B. did what he needed to do and will return to the field this season as Charlie Strong referenced at Media Days:

He'll be back in the mix, has done everything we've asked him to do, not only academically but just showing up doing those little things.

Sean's right, it was a wild day for Texas football.  Charlie Strong is trimming the fat.

Cool is only a state of mind, Cotch.

Now seriously, with Charlie Strong the line appears to be very clear: You take care of your responsibilities and act appropriately or you will not have a place on this football team. Remember when Joe Bergeron was on thin ice? Charlie Strong has this to say:

Joe B. did what he needed to do and will return to the field this season as Charlie Strong referenced at Media Days:

Sean's right, it was a wild day for Texas football. Charlie Strong is trimming the fat.

I'm not sure Joe B. was the right example.

I will disagree with John & Aaron here. I personally don't believe anyone should be above disciplinary action. If Joe B was not abiding by the very simple list of rules laid out by Coach Strong, then he has to pay the consequences. These consequences have been explained since Day 1, and Strong isn't messing around.

I will disagree with John & Aaron here. I personally don't believe anyone should be above disciplinary action. If Joe B was not abiding by the very simple list of rules laid out by Coach Strong, then he has to pay the consequences. These consequences have been explained since Day 1, and Strong isn't messing around.

Joeywa I was poking fun at Aaron a bit because in his earlier post he had mentioned that Bergeron was one who had gotten the message. Then a few hours later he was shown the door for a second time. I completely agree with you, the rules are not difficult and are well known, if you can't follow them, them as my great grandmother used to say, "don't let the for hit ya where the good Lord split ya!"