Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird things happening at A&M

Apparently, Hudson never said he was committed to A&M. Sumlin and the Aggys started tweeting stuff to imply that he was committed and boxed him into a commitment. When Hudson's parents heard about it they were pissed and called Sumlin out when they met. 

Now there's news of Justin Evans (number 1 JUCO safety in the 2015 class). Evans is apparently eligible to play this fall but A&M and the JUCO staff never told him about it. Now that it's come to his attention that he can play this fall A&M has told him they want him in January and not in the Fall. The thing that makes this weird is 1) Evans would be wasting a year of eligibility if he went back to JUCO 2) A&M has plenty of roster spots because of attrition 3) A&M has nobody at safety and they can use all the help they can get. Just go check out the meltdowns on Gigem247 and you will see how weird this is. 

Interesting nonetheless. 

That Hudson stuff isn't true. Texags did an interview with him immediately after he committed. A few salient quotes directly from Hudson

""I knew right when we walked the up to the stadium. It also confirmed how I knew I wanted to be an Aggie for a long time now — since I was real young, actually."

""Yes sir. I can't say I'm even focusing on other schools because A&M is the only one I'm focusing on."

On his moms impression

"She was the most excited out of everyone and wanted me to commit before I could even get out of the car. She loves the education program there as well."

On taking additional trips

"For sure A&M. It's still nice to work out at different camps as well, but I'm sold on A&M all the way. My coach also really likes A&M and he's glad I'm going to play there."

So yeah. The rumors of sumlin forcing him into a commit or misconstruing words are total crap

As for Evans he was never planning on coming here this quirky. The plan was always January. In an effort to maintain a relationship with his junior college our coaching staff encouraged him to stick to his word and come in in January.

I've also heard that he probably wouldn't have seen significant playing time this year had he chose to come to a&m.

That Hudson stuff isn't true. Texags did an interview with him immediately after he committed. A few salient quotes directly from Hudson

""I knew right when we walked the up to the stadium. It also confirmed how I knew I wanted to be an Aggie for a long time now — since I was real young, actually."

""Yes sir. I can't say I'm even focusing on other schools because A&M is the only one I'm focusing on."

On his moms impression

"She was the most excited out of everyone and wanted me to commit before I could even get out of the car. She loves the education program there as well."

On taking additional trips

"For sure A&M. It's still nice to work out at different camps as well, but I'm sold on A&M all the way. My coach also really likes A&M and he's glad I'm going to play there."

So yeah. The rumors of sumlin forcing him into a commit or misconstruing words are total crap

As for Evans he was never planning on coming here this quirky. The plan was always January. In an effort to maintain a relationship with his junior college our coaching staff encouraged him to stick to his word and come in in January.

I've also heard that he probably wouldn't have seen significant playing time this year had he chose to come to a&m.

1- In terms of Hudson, not what several mods on 247 are saying. 

2-As for Evans the "significant playing time" excuse is a bunch of crap. If he enrolled now, and redshirted  he would have three years of eligibility remaining. Playing juco this fall means he'll have three-to-play-two.  He's losing a year of eligibility.  In what rational universe does that make sense for him, or for aTm?  Unless, of course, his staying in juco for another year is part of some under-the-table dealings.  Or, maybe, everyone at aTm advising him is drunk.

1) I'll take Hudson at his word. If he was forced into a commit why would he have made the comments in the above interview?

2) your guess is as good as mine but I'm going with Occam's razor here. Why waste a year redshirting at A&M if he can contribute at his juco?

He tweeted this today: "Don't make it a big deal people lol everything will work out just fine ✊"

Maybe there's more to it but I've found that conspiracy theories are rarely true.

1) I'll take Hudson at his word. If he was forced into a commit why would he have made the comments in the above interview?

2) your guess is as good as mine but I'm going with Occam's razor here. Why waste a year redshirting at A&M if he can contribute at his juco?

He tweeted this today: "Don't make it a big deal people lol everything will work out just fine ✊"

Maybe there's more to it but I've found that conspiracy theories are rarely true.

1-All I know is some mods over at 247 are saying there wasn't a commit, and Hudson was pressured into committing. Matter of fact, based on the wording of the mods it sounds like it isn't speculation but something that Hudson or his parents told them. 

2-I don't know if there's a conspiracy theory or not involving Evans, but the "he's not ready to play" is a bunch of nonsense. Why waste a year redshirting? To learn the playbook. Even the coaches told him that one of the reasons they didn't want Evans was because it was to late to learn the playbook. That's an argument for why Evans should redshirt, to learn the playbook. The idea that Evans would redshirt is offbase anyways...... he would see some time at safety this year. I have no clue what's going on with Evans but there's more to this story. There's  no legitimate justification for why it's in the best interest for Evans to not enroll at A&M (it's also not in the best interest of A&M). That's why Gigem247 melted down, it makes no sense from A&M and Evan's perspective to not enroll this fall. 

"I just got off the phone with Coach (Terry) Joseph, and he said for me to come in this late and to know the defense right away."

Maybe there is more to the Evans story. What was relayed to me was the possibility of trying to keep up a good relationship with the juco coach. I doubt there's something more nefarious here but I certainly am not privy to a ton of information.

As far as Hudson goes given his comments I just don't buy the "pressured into a commit thing" with the comments he made.

Maybe there is more to the Evans story. What was relayed to me was the possibility of trying to keep up a good relationship with the juco coach. I doubt there's something more nefarious here but I certainly am not privy to a ton of information.

As far as Hudson goes given his comments I just don't buy the "pressured into a commit thing" with the comments he made.

I have no problem with trying to maintain a good relationship with the juco coach, but Gigem247 makes it sound like Evans had no clue he could enroll this Fall. If this was some type of deal struck between the DB coach and the JUCO coach, without Evan's knowledge, that isn't a good thing. We are talking about a kid's education here. I have no inside knowledge here and it's a total guess but that can be the only rational justification for why A&M would not take Evans in the Fall (A&M and the JUCO coaches reached some type of deal where Evans would attend A&M if he stayed two years at JUCO). Heck, the only reason Evans became aware the he could enroll in the fall is because he recently took a visit to Georgia (that's at least what Gigem247 is inferring). 

Your quote from Evans was incomplete. Here's the full quote from ajc.com

"I just got off the phone with Coach (Terry) Joseph, and he said for me to come in this late and to know the defense right away, and play at the speed that I play at will most likely not happen. So he thinks it’s best for me to stay here, play this season, come in January and go from there. I told my coach about having three years of playing time but they said they highly doubt I play three years anyways so they think this is the best choice to make."

Also hell the kid himself didn't know he could transfer right away. Seems like many parties in this situation were operating with bad info.

Your quote from Evans was incomplete. Here's the full quote from ajc.com

"I just got off the phone with Coach (Terry) Joseph, and he said for me to come in this late and to know the defense right away, and play at the speed that I play at will most likely not happen. So he thinks it’s best for me to stay here, play this season, come in January and go from there. I told my coach about having three years of playing time but they said they highly doubt I play three years anyways so they think this is the best choice to make."

Also hell the kid himself didn't know he could transfer right away. Seems like many parties in this situation were operating with bad info.

1-I only posted part of the quote because it was in reference to your point about "why would he waste a year redshirting". Regardless, I'm not sure how the rest of the quote is a reason why Evans shouldn't attend A&M in the fall. The only way Evans can play at the speed A&M wants him to play at, is to be exposed to that speed. The argument is again nonsensical. What good is another year of JUCO where you aren't exposed to the type of speed that is needed. Again, like most posters at 247 have said it makes no rational sense. If A&M wants Evans to play at a different speed and learn the defense , he should be on campus in the Fall. There's no net cost to Evans being on campus other then maybe pissing off some JUCO coaches. Even if Evans redshirted he would be exposed to said speed in practice and would at least have a leg up in learning the playbook. Like I said in a previous post, I'm pretty sure Evans would see time at safety this year anyways so it's a mute point. 

2-Georgia knew the kid could play this Fall. You may very well be right that both A&M and the JUCO coaches were operating with bad info, but I don't buy that. Like I said, I think there was a deal in place where Evans would stay two years at JUCO and transfer to A&M. I could be wrong, but it's honestly the only explanation that makes sense. 

Who knows. Maybe the deal was between Evans and his juco coach.

Still have a hard time buying that there's a shady undercurrent to the story.

So with that in mind I'm good with agreeing to disagree.

How could there be a deal between Evans and the JUCO coach if he didn't know that he could enroll in the fall? There wouldn't need to be a deal. If Evans didn't think he could enroll in the Fall the JUCO coach wouldn't have to make a deal with him. 

Good question. Maybe he committed to his coach that he'd be there through the fall?

I don't see what benefit we have from letting him stay there. There a decent chance that we will lose him to Georgia or Florida the longer he stays at his juco.

This is my only point, I'm not trying to insinuate that A&M is doing anything dirty here. The deal between the DB coach and the JUCO coaches is the only rational justification that comes to mind. It's just weird that A&M wouldn't take Evans this fall, that's really my only point. Everything else is speculation. 

Surely the compliance office of a prestigious SEC school could have found a way to figure out if this guy was eligible or not. Or at least bent the rules to their advantage to get him eligible. Isn't the SEC adept at working in "gray areas" ala Saban? Oh, and don't call me Shirley.

Hey, Shirley! I just found the double post ... good job! Whut you trying to do ... up your posting numbers? ;).

Trying to jump from 300 posts to the mythical VIP level (1000-3000?). Tired of being a "Veteran", need to get the Hornsports VIP card for access to all of the swank parties with Slim, SHA, Juan, Duke, you, and that guy they kicked out awhile back with that stupid green alien picture as his icon ( I think the picture was from the Star Wars bar scene, and his banning was due process!).