Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A&M Gavin Stansbury

a$m is a breading ground for upset parents about their kids freedom let loose by Sumlin.....#LetsRide

Sadly, by now parents know what Kevin Sumlin is about and they don't care because they see him as the best, shortest, easiest route to the big dollars of the NFL. Sumlin is a glorified pimp. Parents know it and they don't care.

There are those of us who do not care to keep up with the Aggies' indiscretions and who do not know which Aggie is which regarding position or importance.  We do like to share in the Aggie's misfortune, however.  Anybody care to fill us in?

OK!  So I saw that he is the guy that  had the problem with the Rice student?

What a dimwit!  But, then again, he IS an Aggie!

There are those of us who do not care to keep up with the Aggies' indiscretions and who do not know which Aggie is which regarding position or importance.  We do like to share in the Aggie's misfortune, however.  Anybody care to fill us in?

Was voted A&M's defensive player of the year last year by the staff/team. Starting DE. 

Looks like we have a new leader in the journalist's Home Run Derby. Nice work.

Sorry if I'm confusing you with another poster, but didn't you post something recently that essentially said Darrell shouldn't be posting info about this kid that you thought was exaggerated or unsubstantiated?

If so, looks like Darrell was right along.  If not, my apologies.

Sorry if I'm confusing you with another poster, but didn't you post something recently that essentially said Darrell shouldn't be posting info about this kid that you thought was exaggerated or unsubstantiated?

If so, looks like Darrell was right along. If not, my apologies.

Apology accepted. I offered a question a week ago asking if Darrell was willing to acknowledge the Stansbury accusations were baseless and Darrell said that he stood by his story.

Apology accepted. I offered a question a week ago asking if Darrell was willing to acknowledge the Stansbury accusations were baseless and Darrell said that he stood by his story.

Not sure an apology needs to be given, or accepted, in this case. The poster seems to have a fairly accurate comment on prior posts with the Stansbury situation going south as Darrell reported. At least that is what we will assume based on today's events. Either way will be interesting to see the whole story released at some point.

Joe, you are right, it doesn't matter who recruited Stansbury, the problem still exists.  The simple fact remains that I wouldn't want my son to become immersed in that culture.  It's toxic.

• 2 weeks later...

[tweet'494661014802034689']

Interesting.... I thought????

Did he play last season? How could he be eligible for this season after a transfer? Did Sumlin recommend this possible criminal (if deemed guilty by a court of law) to his prior school coaches and administrators? Food for thought.

not that it matters at all, but stansbury was a sherman recruit. 

again, not that it matters. 

Yes I knew that.

Joe, let me be clear about something and I say this because I like you.  Texas A&M is a fine institution with a terrific student body.  I know this personally.

But, like America's silent majority, they have allowed the fruitcakes and nerds, whom I believe are the minority, to be the loudest and to be the face of TAMU.  The corps being the most ridiculous cult and the magnet for ridicule.  I will admit that fake army is probably no more ridiulous than the "Keep Austin Weird" group of hippies and naer-do-wells that we have.  OMG - wait - I'm wrong they ARE more ridiculous.  :) 

So, what I believe is happening in the aggie football program is tantamount to a total lack of accountablility, by the Admin, the AD and the coaching staff.  There is no way around it anymore than Mack Browns' country club environment and absenteeism had infected our progrm with rot.

Sumlin is a good coach, is charismatic, but a bad leader.  This was obvious when he was at UH, as well, because the same things happened there that are prevalent now at TAMU.

Because he is a bad leader, he has not only affected the team, but his coaches as well.  The saddest thing for me is to see that that the administration is so desperate for wins and relevance, they were and are willing to overlook his obvious shortcomings.  So much so they gave him a raise, even in the face of a mediocre record, for fear that he might take another job.  This is desperation and a blatent cry for relevance - not just in the college football world, but more importantly in the state of Texas - where UT has ruled.

I'm afraid that aggy has hitched its wagon to the devil and, ultimately, the chickens WILL come home to roost.