Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GREAT NEWS! media shall be allowed to attend "UT UNDER THE LIGHTS CAMP" details inside..

monarch

2014419STRONG460993771.jpg

YES!  pursuant to what is now being reported as per william wilkerson, HORNS DIGEST.  the forthcoming TEXAS "under the lights" camp 18 july 2014.. shall now permit the media to attend.  however, there shall be a few stipulations that shall have to be observed throughout the event:

1.  chance of rain upon friday - should rain occur, event shall be moved inside the bubble.  only most immediate family members of recruits and their coaches, shall be allowed inside.

2.  pictures / videos - shall not be allowed during the actual event itself

3.  media shall not be allowed to perform interviews on field or inside stadium - but they may observe as well as speak to recruits after event is completed

4.  "under the lights" - event begins 18 july 2014 - 7pm - 9pm

Great news because you get to see how the different recruits are interacting with each other.  Gives the media a chance to see a kid in person that they may have only seen film on. 
When the media is around those kids go harder. They know a good or bad performance can help or hurt them when it comes to rankings. 

Great news because you get to see how the different recruits are interacting with each other.  Gives the media a chance to see a kid in person that they may have only seen film on. 

When the media is around those kids go harder. They know a good or bad performance can help or hurt them when it comes to rankings. 

CORRECT!  not to mention, when these recruits see that the media is more than interested upon this caliber of camp events..  they may start to think about committing to TEXAS.  once the news gets out that the media shall now be included.. look for more recruits to be in attendance.  bet on it!

CORRECT!  not to mention, when these recruits see that the media is more than interested upon this caliber of camp events..  they may start to think about committing to TEXAS.  once the news gets out that the media shall now be included.. look for more recruits to be in attendance.  bet on it!

OK then they should commit.

i'm in the minority, but i don't care about what WE or the media see. great, so now geoff ketchum moves a guy up or down in his rankings. OK.  and if a guy isn't trying hard for the coaches just for the sake of trying hard...

anyway, to those excited about the media coverage i hope you find it useful.

i'm in the minority, but i don't care about what WE or the media see. great, so now geoff ketchum moves a guy up or down in his rankings. OK.  and if a guy isn't trying hard for the coaches just for the sake of trying hard...

anyway, to those excited about the media coverage i hope you find it useful.

43984201.jpg

streetopeschel.. just what is the deal?  why do you constantly have to be very negative.  if you do not care that there is going to be media coverage as per such an important TEXAS recruitment event.. then just do not worry about it.  but to purposely venture into a thread, just to be negative vs condescending is a bit ridiculous.  geez dude, don't you think we have had enough with the negative discourse...

i'm constantly negative? wasn't aware. 

i said to those who find it useful, great.

my point, apparently articulated poorly, was that what the media or fans think of recruits is largely irrelevant. i hope the coaches see what they want to see and evaluate correctly. 

I think that we are all a bit testy.  It is amazing how curmudgeonly we can all be in the summertime ... and this is even a fairly mild summer so far.  You two don't have no reason to be going at each other.  What do you think it must have been like before the invention of air conditioning?  So, just cut it out, ya heah?  ;)  Monarch!  I really appreciate your creative graphics, but I have to tell you that  that downward pointing red thumb is not conducive to positive interactive conversation!  Remember!  Substance always wins out over presentation!  ;)

Street I understand your sentiments, however most average recruiting junkies like to hear how the camp went. Without media or "eyes" being there to tell us all, we would never know, who stood out who didn't, who got the most interest from coaches, etc.

Street I understand your sentiments, however most average recruiting junkies like to hear how the camp went. Without media or "eyes" being there to tell us all, we would never know, who stood out who didn't, who got the most interest from coaches, etc.

i hear ya. i'm not a recruiting junkie, so if i came across 'curmudgeonly' that wasn't my intent. i think the way recruiting is scrutinized and followed is over the top, but as stated above, i know that's a minority opinion on boards like this. 

hope the junkies get the info they want.