Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do you LOVE your job? or, are you now searching / preparing for your DREAM job? (which one) tell us why...

monarch

Very well said!  I am just burned out and tired of the crazy ups and downs of my business.  What I do for a living makes high stakes poker seem boring.  Honestly, I would much rather make less money and be part of building something.

Early on in my career (about 5 to 6 years in), one of my experts was the chair of a medical school and offered me a job as a graduate assistant while I went back to med school to get my PhD in medical sciences.  I wanted to develop and artificial womb.  I really regret not taking that offer.  Even though I have a BBA, I always did much better in my science classes.  I came within a hair of changing my major my senior year to get my prereq.s for medical school, but then I got into some good law schools and started thinking about making money rather than being a poor college student.

Sorry for the rant (i actually deleted a lot of it), but your post got me traveling down memory lane.

blue horn, are you kidding me..  please my pal, by all means carry on.  we are all family here, just as they are upon the other websites / forums.  you want to talk.. i'm listening... i find your career accounting to be very interesting.  actually, i am quite envious at how bright you must be.  you have nothing to be sorry for...