Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very good recruiting news

This really is not what 247 reports. Boyd wants to play with his little brother if he can, and those are the two schools that have offered little bro so far. But A&M has started recruiting him as well.

This one is a long way from being settled, although Boyd says he almost pulled the trigger for A&M last week.

This really is not what 247 reports. Boyd wants to play with his little brother if he can, and those are the two schools that have offered little bro so far. But A&M has started recruiting him as well.

This one is a long way from being settled, although Boyd says he almost pulled the trigger for A&M last week.

Texas has not offered Demarco Boyd. The reason Kris changed his top two is because his little brother has Texas and Florida State as his top two. All three schools have been looking at Demarco. Matter of fact, if  you look at 247 A&M is the only school that actually has recruiter listed for Demarco Boyd. It's not a matter of who has offered Demarco, it's the fact that Demarco likes Texas and Florida State over A&M. If I recall, the Boyds are cousins with Warrick. It's been reported for a while that Kris' family wants him at Texas.  

From 247: "I don't know what exactly has happened and things can obviously change but (Kris) Boyd lists Texas and Florida State as his main two schools," Perroni posted from the Texas 7-on-7 which Boyd is participating in. Many thought he would commit to A&M soon, but over the last week or two, there has been a lot of rumblings surrounding his brother, '16 Demarco Boyd. Apparently the two of them wants to play together, and Demarco Boyd has Texas and Florida State as his leaders. Boyd might earn an offer at the July 18th camp."

"although Boyd says he almost pulled the trigger for A&M last week."

Maybe I'm an idiot and just haven't seen this, but where has this been reported? Based on what I've read I think Boyd was about to pull the trigger at the opening, but for Florida State. The Florida State mods over at 247 were thinking he was close to pulling the trigger for Florida State.....there was also a big movement on the crystal balls for Florida State this week. 

Did Boyd actually say he almost pulled the trigger for A&M, or was that Hamm just being Hamm? Based on what the Florida State mods and the crystal ball predictions it looks like Boyd was close to pulling the trigger for Florida State. I know there reports from Hamm last week about Boyd being close to pulling a trigger for A&M, but that's just Hamm. This is the same bozo that said A&M would never offer Boyd. 

"although Boyd says he almost pulled the trigger for A&M last week."

Maybe I'm an idiot and just haven't seen this, but where has this been reported? Based on what I've read I think Boyd was about to pull the trigger at the opening, but for Florida State. The Florida State mods over at 247 were thinking he was close to pulling the trigger for Florida State.....there was also a big movement on the crystal balls for Florida State this week. 

Did Boyd actually say he almost pulled the trigger for A&M, or was that Hamm just being Hamm? Based on what the Florida State mods and the crystal ball predictions it looks like Boyd was close to pulling the trigger for Florida State. I know there reports from Hamm last week about Boyd being close to pulling a trigger for A&M, but that's just Hamm. This is the same bozo that said A&M would never offer Boyd. 

It  was on 247.

Re: Boyd

He's making every reporter feel like their school is in position to get a commitment.

Is it my imagination or does this class appear to have more than a few players "milking the system"?

Pro or con. . .what really matter is who signs 1st week of Feb. . .till then. . .everyone is a free agent even if they say they are not a free agent. . .

Is it my imagination or does this class appear to have more than a few players "milking the system"?

Pro or con. . .what really matter is who signs 1st week of Feb. . .till then. . .everyone is a free agent even if they say they are not a free agent. . .

Echeese...

I believe that milking the system is now the standard, not just for the 4/5 stars, but for everyone. . All the attention these kids get now has become expected. The me me me factor gone wild.

I guess if I were back to being 16/17 years old, I would love the attention too...free trips to Oregon, Miami, and more would be neat....

Free shirts, shoes, and more.......and more.

all the camps, openings, Elite, etc have taken exposure factor to a new level. When will it stop?

Now we are into Pied Piper style. La Bron, D. wade, and C. Bosh have nothing on these high school guys. Everyone is in on the media today. just a tweet, FB away.

Someone please, make it stop

I am very impressed with Strong's emphasis on loyalty, commitment, hard work, and academics.... Only problem is that he must win to get and then keep these kids' attention. If not, the swag system will be the norm.

Echeese...

I believe that milking the system is now the standard, not just for the 4/5 stars, but for everyone. . All the attention these kids get now has become expected. The me me me factor gone wild.

I guess if I were back to being 16/17 years old, I would love the attention too...free trips to Oregon, Miami, and more would be neat....

Free shirts, shoes, and more.......and more.

all the camps, openings, Elite, etc have taken exposure factor to a new level. When will it stop?

Now we are into Pied Piper style. La Bron, D. wade, and C. Bosh have nothing on these high school guys. Everyone is in on the media today. just a tweet, FB away.

Someone please, make it stop

I am very impressed with Strong's emphasis on loyalty, commitment, hard work, and academics.... Only problem is that he must win to get and then keep these kids' attention. If not, the swag system will be the norm.

OMG!  spoken, like someone for whom has really come to understand just what i have been stating upon this forum.. for over quite a few month's now, regarding today's recruits.  today's recruits, are not of your grandfather's oldsmobile of recruitment.  many of these kids, really don't even think about the learning phase of the institution of higher learning... all they really think about is the glamour phase..  and this is the reason why institutions such as aTm, oregon, alabama, notre dame, and so on... are winning the recruitment battles of today.  no matter just how magnificent an institution such as the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS is... we shall find it quite hard to compete upon today's recruits.. unless we start to shed our ultra conservative image.  don't believe me... just keep on living with your eyes and ears open....  

OMG! spoken, like someone for whom has really come to understand just what i have been stating upon this forum.. for over quite a few month's now, regarding today's recruits. today's recruits, are not of your grandfather's oldsmobile of recruitment. many of these kids, really don't even think about the learning phase of the institution of higher learning... all they really think about is the glamour phase.. and this is the reason why institutions such as aTm, oregon, alabama, notre dame, and so on... are winning the recruitment battles of today. no matter just how magnificent an institution such as the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS is... we shall find it quite hard to compete upon today's recruits.. unless we start to shed our ultra conservative image. don't believe me... just keep on living with your eyes and ears open....

Last I checked Notre Dame was a pretty good school!

OMG! spoken, like someone for whom has really come to understand just what i have been stating upon this forum.. for over quite a few month's now, regarding today's recruits. today's recruits, are not of your grandfather's oldsmobile of recruitment. many of these kids, really don't even think about the learning phase of the institution of higher learning... all they really think about is the glamour phase.. and this is the reason why institutions such as aTm, oregon, alabama, notre dame, and so on... are winning the recruitment battles of today. no matter just how magnificent an institution such as the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS is... we shall find it quite hard to compete upon today's recruits.. unless we start to shed our ultra conservative image. don't believe me... just keep on living with your eyes and ears open....

Lol. This has to be the first time I can remember that anyone said the reason we are losing the recruiting battles against aggy is because we the school that is too conservative. Lol.

Lol. This has to be the first time I can remember that anyone said the reason we are losing the recruiting battles against aggy is because we the school that is too conservative. Lol.

Frankly, I'm surprised the media - especially ESPN - has allowed A&M to position themselves as "hip & cool".  Really?  Since when?

By most accounts, aggie is one of the most conservative campuses in the nation.  Hell, most of their students and alums take pride in it.  But, I guess they needed to sell SECn so whatever it takes...

Pretending to be army 50 years after opening enrollment to allow non-regs and co-eds is not "progressive" if you catch my drift.