Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

to all of the doubters of strong

CFS recruited and developed 2 players who in 3 years became 1st round NFL picks as an HC. . .as a DC he has a LONG and impressive record of kids he put in the show. . . .

I'm really surprised by how few defensive players, especially DL, have committed to UT thus far.  I thought D players would be lining up to play for CFS!  I expect this situation will change, but it's definitely a concern right now.

Past 5 years, CFS has done significantly better than Stooper on the D side of the ball . . .

Interesting that Stooper's teams have become much much more offensive oriented programs and frankly his performance is not really that impressive save a nice bowl win over Bama this year.. . .

Count me as one that is concerned about our recruiting....not obsessively so, but think it is legit at this point to have some level of concern....

I am not concerned with who we didn't get, but am concerned about who is ultimately going to be on the 40 acres...

Admittedly I haven't checked in a while on the ratings, the last I did check according to rivals our star rating average was 3.11. If it has changed dramatically then apologize in advance...But 3.11 is the lowest in pretty much forever. Yes I know that 247 had them higher, so room for debate.

Yes there is room for development of players which hasn't been done well in years...

Yes there are exceptions of players and teams, but the predominance of championships have been won by teams filled with Elite rosters...Bama, LSU, Florida St, Florida, Texas, USC and so on...You just have to have elite players to stay up there in contention...

We need to get elite, not a roster full to develop...

I hope Strong blows my concern completely out of the water....and I get to come back and eat my words...

I think he will improve, but it needs to happen soon, or our recovery time will be hindered.

Count me as one that is concerned about our recruiting....not obsessively so, but think it is legit at this point to have some level of concern....

I am not concerned with who we didn't get, but am concerned about who is ultimately going to be on the 40 acres...

Admittedly I haven't checked in a while on the ratings, the last I did check according to rivals our star rating average was 3.11. If it has changed dramatically then apologize in advance...But 3.11 is the lowest in pretty much forever. Yes I know that 247 had them higher, so room for debate.

Yes there is room for development of players which hasn't been done well in years...

Yes there are exceptions of players and teams, but the predominance of championships have been won by teams filled with Elite rosters...Bama, LSU, Florida St, Florida, Texas, USC and so on...You just have to have elite players to stay up there in contention...

We need to get elite, not a roster full to develop...

I hope Strong blows my concern completely out of the water....and I get to come back and eat my words...

I think he will improve, but it needs to happen soon, or our recovery time will be hindered.

LHornjack gets it. You need elite players to win national championships! And until we see elite players committing to Texas there should be some level of concern.

3.27 today and that is AFTER the addition of another 3 star kid who will likely finish as a 4 star. . . 

And yes, both 24/7 and ESPN have our classes ranked higher today .. . 

For perspective.. ..that puts TEXAS AHEAD of 3 of the supposed Top 10 Rivals classes and 7 of the Top 20 right now with 11 recruits. . .we likely go 25 in this class so we aren't even half way yet.

And yes, you do need "elite" players. . .I'd say Heard certainly qualifies. . .

3 points to consider. . .

Not unlike the old days of Bobby Bowden . ..while Mack liked his classes signed up early. . . . CFS is taking his time. . . 

We aren't even halfway through this recruiting class yet. . . . .

And even Rivals (which gives us the lowest grades today) is likely moving 3-4 of our guys up a notch .. . .

So for all you chicken littles. . . . .this means the class is actually much better than you realize. . . .

Thanks for counterpoint Cheese....

Agree

on Heard, think he will be special,

More offers, less early commits does takes some getting used too.

The key will be how it looks on signing day....

Multiple elites are essential

Disagree - Don't feel like Chicken Little :) but I have certainly been called worse

Thanks for counterpoint Cheese....

Disagree - Don't feel like Chicken Little :) but I have certainly been called worse

Was intended as a counter point but I typed that poorly and did not mean to include you in the chicken little category . . .so that is my bad. . . 

We do have some chicken little's running around screaming the sky is falling. . . .which isn't the same as addressing concerns. . .