Find results in...

A&M Makes Keith Olbermann’s ‘Worst’ List

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is an IP Atty in Buffalo I talked with who may be interested in representing the guy in Buffalo if he wants to tell aggy to f'off and file suit. I talked with the atty concerning my belief why t

I loathe Olbermann but the last piece in that segment about the "A" in A&M standing for "Asses" made me lol. What a bunch of toolboxes.

Making Olbermann's list of worst is akin to making Moammar Gaddafi's list of worst terrorists. Takes one to know one. Yet it was a gratifying rant to listen to.

I never worked with Olbermann but he sure left a reputation at ESPN as a miserable wretch of a human being. Several people that worked there from the beginning told me that. I was surprised when they took him back. He apparently treats the crew as if they are there to meet his every need. A real alietist.

I have worked with Dan Patrick on many occasions. One of the funniest guys I have ever been around. I've posted his story about the whole inappropriate name thing before. Just the thought of it makes me laugh.

Making Olbermann's list of worst is akin to making Moammar Gaddafi's list of worst terrorists. Takes one to know one. Yet it was a gratifying rant to listen to.

I never worked with Olbermann but he sure left a reputation at ESPN as a miserable wretch of a human being. Several people that worked there from the beginning told me that. I was surprised when they took him back. He apparently treats the crew as if they are there to meet his every need. A real alietist.

I have worked with Dan Patrick on many occasions. One of the funniest guys I have ever been around. I've posted his story about the whole inappropriate name thing before. Just the thought of it makes me laugh.

Sooo...you're saying it's easy to get on Olbermann's "Worst List"?

I'm not usually a fan of the ultra-lib, egotistical Olbermann either.  He just happened to say something that I agreed with for once.  What is Dan Patrick's take on this?  I miss having him on ESPN, too.

The aggy brand will be tarnished by all of this and if Duke gets his writings up to New York, them aggyiss might just lose the 12th man....HOOK'EM

I talked to someone in Buffalo this afternoon. Aggy wants this to go away. Chuckie Sonntag is quite a character. There should be an update to the story in a couple of days.

Good work, Duke.

They discussed one night on Texags the fact that they couldn't let it go. If they did, it set a precedent. hmmmm

The ags want this to go away as they hate the bad press. They have snarled at the three guys involved, but Sonntag is quite a personality. There should be an update soon. Sonntag has the legal team he needs to sort things out. He is frustrating the hell out of the aggy attorneys because both sides know the ags have a lot to lose by litigating and Sonntag has nothing to lose if the ags prevail. Even by winning, they lose so their options are limited and Sonntag knows it. Aggy may end up paying him for infringing on their trademark. Would that be quintessentially aggy.

The ags want this to go away as they hate the bad press. They have snarled at the three guys involved, but Sonntag is quite a personality. There should be an update soon. Sonntag has the legal team he needs to sort things out. He is frustrating the hell out of the aggy attorneys because both sides know the ags have a lot to lose by litigating and Sonntag has nothing to lose if the ags prevail. Even by winning, they lose so their options are limited and Sonntag knows it. Aggy may end up paying him for infringing on their trademark. Would that be quintessentially aggy.

...Priceless.

...Priceless.

Sonntag's attorneys know the aggy story is mostly fake and that the version of the story the ags tell was made up for the 1939 radio play. The last thing the ags want is for Keith Olbermann to tell that story on his show. The attys have my piece and the WSJ piece so Sonntag knows he has the ags in a bad place. Better yet, the attys know the ags have embellished the story, so if Sonntag goes away, the next time the ags go after someone, that person will get a call from the attys letting them know the ags won't litigate.

Sonntag's attorneys know the aggy story is mostly fake and that the version of the story the ags tell was made up for the 1939 radio play. The last thing the ags want is for Keith Olbermann to tell that story on his show. The attys have my piece and the WSJ piece so Sonntag knows he has the ags in a bad place. Better yet, the attys know the ags have embellished the story, so if Sonntag goes away, the next time the ags go after someone, that person will get a call from the attys letting them know the ags won't litigate.

I have been out because of computer security problems, so, good job reporting Randolf.  I just love this, and I hope that Sonntag continues to pursue it.  Nothing wrong with any school's alumni pursuing a story that enhances the myth of their program ... something is wrong, however, with pursuing the myth of their program, to the detriment of others as if their myth is absolute truth - not a lot of that in story telling land.  Besides all that, I just kind of like imagining the Aggies squirming in their ineptitude.

RD make sure he knows the true story of the 21st man. Him and Dave should have a lot of fun with that.

I don't think Olbermann will use any of the 21st Man stuff tonight. I think he will keep that for his show when he can allot more time to it and even have Sonntag on the show. I'm not sure what Sonntag's PR people have lined up. I suggested The Daily Show. Jon Stewart would have a blast with the aggy story. 

I loathe Olbermann but the last piece in that segment about the "A" in A&M standing for "Asses" made me lol. What a bunch of toolboxes.

Although your avatar is somewhat stunning, the young lady posing should get her money back from her plastic surgeon.  The prostheses in her breasts are obviously too large for her musculature and she appears to be supporting two overly filled water balloons on the verge of rupturing.  This is not attractive, although I am sure she thinks it is. 

Another thing, while I am at it, GET OFF MY LAWN! :)

Okay ... so they are "Asses" and  "mother...er...truckers" ?  Surely, we can come up with a better insult than that!  Seriously, though, I hope everybody will keep an eye out for any further developments in this story ...  Aggie jokes just write themselves!

^^^^^ Good for Mr. Mychajlyw!

What is more insulting than Agricultural & Mechanical?  

If that is not the title of a trade school college, I will eat my hat.

Although your avatar is somewhat stunning, the young lady posing should get her money back from her plastic surgeon The prostheses in her breasts are obviously too large for her musculature and she appears to be supporting two overly filled water balloons on the verge of rupturing.  This is not attractive, although I am sure she thinks it is. 

Finally someone has the Ba*** to ignore those large plastic pumps and call them what they are. Also, Doc glad you told them to get off of "my" yard....HOOK'EM

Doc you did ignore them ...didn't you.

Although your avatar is somewhat stunning, the young lady posing should get her money back from her plastic surgeon.  The prostheses in her breasts are obviously too large for her musculature and she appears to be supporting two overly filled water balloons on the verge of rupturing.  This is not attractive, although I am sure she thinks it is. 

Doc, how dare you abscond with my catch phrase!  Try just a little bit of creativiTEE!  ;)

Here is the HS story

http://www.hornsports.com/articles/featured1395317068/texas-am-and-the-12th-man-the-story-of-th-r3866

Here is Ben Zimmer's piece connected to what he wrote for the Wall St Journal

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/the-twelfth-man-a-football-phrase-with-disputed-roots/

Attached is the Wall Street Journal article in pdf

I have re-read this piece many times and if I haven't already told you - Son, you are good!

Your research efforts are awesome.

Also, I have lost your posts - on IT and here - whereby you were commenting on how aggys were actually stalking you with threats.  This is VERY concerning and an example of how many crazies are out there.

I have re-read this piece many times and if I haven't already told you - Son, you are good!

Your research efforts are awesome.

Also, I have lost your posts - on IT and here - whereby you were commenting on how aggys were actually stalking you with threats.  This is VERY concerning and an example of how many crazies are out there.

What is more disconcerting is that the ags have locked in on some guy (actually a couple of different guys with the same name) down in Houston. I am nowhere near Houston. They are stalking this guy, have been hunting down women they believe to be his wife or ex wife and are even stalking little kids they believe are his children. That have started facebook stalking one guy's siblings and have published addresses on texags where they believe he lives as well as places they believe he can be found. My main concern is that as the ags are known to do, someone is going to take this too far and when one of the aggys goes after the wrong guy, or starts directly harassing little kids they have been stalking, someone is going to get shot. The stupidity of need to monitor message boards of other teams and their impulsive need to use threats of violence or actual physical violence to attempt to silence those who speak of them on other message boards as they feel they should be spoken of is mind boggling and unheard of in any other group of individuals who claim to have been educated at one of the elite institutions of higher education in the world. 

What is more disconcerting is that the ags have locked in on some guy (actually a couple of different guys with the same name) down in Houston. I am nowhere near Houston. They are stalking this guy, have been hunting down women they believe to be his wife or ex wife and are even stalking little kids they believe are his children. That have started facebook stalking one guy's siblings and have published addresses on texags where they believe he lives as well as places they believe he can be found. My main concern is that as the ags are known to do, someone is going to take this too far and when one of the aggys goes after the wrong guy, or starts directly harassing little kids they have been stalking, someone is going to get shot. The stupidity of need to monitor message boards of other teams and their impulsive need to use threats of violence or actual physical violence to attempt to silence those who speak of them on other message boards as they feel they should be spoken of is mind boggling and unheard of in any other group of individuals who claim to have been educated at one of the elite institutions of higher education in the world. 

Randolf, your concerns are very real.  Pardon the reference, Topstarr, but when people start playing the harassment game, all of a sudden it all gets very real.  Some of the harassees may not be playing "little broomstick cowboy" when it comes to protecting themselves and their own.  Those aggs had oughta better watch themselves.

On another note, Olberman was on Letterman last night, unless it was a rerun.  If it was live, does anyone know whether he sadd anything about the 12th man issue?  I went to bed with Letterman on and woke up late into The Craig Ferguson Show - BTW, I am going to miss Craig when he leaves his show.  He is the most creative host on late night shows.