Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A&M Makes Keith Olbermann’s ‘Worst’ List

I know y'all have probably heard about this by now. Short version, aggie is threatening litigation against a severely handicapped Buffalo man for using "Bills12thManThunder.com".  This organization is a non-profit whose intent is to keep the Bills in Buffalo.  

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/07/03/texas-makes-keith-olbermanns-worst-list/

He has since changed the domain name, but that's not good enough for aggie.  They expect him to collect ALL posters and promotional material and send it to aggie.  Olbermann goes on an epic rant!

Our own Randolph Duke is collaborating with a NY attorney to take the case.  Expect the "12th Man" fairy tale to get more negative press and for hilarity to ensue.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is an IP Atty in Buffalo I talked with who may be interested in representing the guy in Buffalo if he wants to tell aggy to f'off and file suit. I talked with the atty concerning my belief why t

I loathe Olbermann but the last piece in that segment about the "A" in A&M standing for "Asses" made me lol. What a bunch of toolboxes.

I loathe Olbermann but the last piece in that segment about the "A" in A&M standing for "Asses" made me lol. What a bunch of toolboxes.

I am probably just being dense, but what was he implying that the "M" stands for?  Sorry, I know that this will turn out to be pretty obvious.  ;)

Okay ... so they are "Asses" and  "mother...er...truckers" ?  Surely, we can come up with a better insult than that!  Seriously, though, I hope everybody will keep an eye out for any further developments in this story ...  Aggie jokes just write themselves!

^^^^^ Good for Mr. Mychajlyw!

I know y'all have probably heard about this by now. Short version, aggie is threatening litigation against a severely handicapped Buffalo man for using "Bills12thManThunder.com". This organization is a non-profit whose intent is to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/07/03/texas-makes-keith-olbermanns-worst-list/

He has since changed the domain name, but that's not good enough for aggie. They expect him to collect ALL posters and promotional material and send it to aggie. Olbermann goes on an epic rant!

Our own Randolph Duke is collaborating with a NY attorney to take the case. Expect the "12th Man" fairy tale to get more negative press and for hilarity to ensue.

There is an IP Atty in Buffalo I talked with who may be interested in representing the guy in Buffalo if he wants to tell aggy to f'off and file suit. I talked with the atty concerning my belief why the aggy trademark should be considered void. He seems to agree with me in principle, but he needs to read the story I wrote last year (which is now back up on the server) and review the supporting attachments. We should know in a week or so if anything is going to move forward.

And by coincidence, the atty looking at the case is also an amputee. The guy aggy is bullying doesn't have a lot to lose if aggy ultimately prevails, but the decision what to do will ultimately be his. This should be a really good story if it moves forward.

There is an IP Atty in Buffalo I talked with who may be interested in representing the guy in Buffalo if he wants to tell aggy to f'off and file suit. I talked with the atty co cerning my belief why the aggy trademark should be considered void. He seems to agree with me in principle, but he needs to read the story I wrote last year (which is now back up on the server) and review the supporting attachments. We should know in a week or so if anything is going to move forward. 

Link to the aggie stories? Where can I find it on HS?

There is an IP Atty in Buffalo I talked with who may be interested in representing the guy in Buffalo if he wants to tell aggy to f'off and file suit. I talked with the atty concerning my belief why the aggy trademark should be considered void. He seems to agree with me in principle, but he needs to read the story I wrote last year (which is now back up on the server) and review the supporting attachments. We should know in a week or so if anything is going to move forward.

And by coincidence, the atty looking at the case is also an amputee. The guy aggy is bullying doesn't have a lot to lose if aggy ultimately prevails, but the decision what to do will ultimately be his. This should be a really good story if it moves forward.

Randolf, where exactly is your story and the supporting attachments?  I seem to remember reading something about this, but I would like to re-read it if possible.

Of course, J.B. keeps beating me to posts ... maybe I need some coffee!  ;)

I do know this, we need a search function on this website.

I've started popping the popcorn. ....

Randolf, where exactly is your story and the supporting attachments?  I seem to remember reading something about this, but I would like to re-read it if possible.

Of course, J.B. keeps beating me to posts ... maybe I need some coffee!  ;)

I do know this, we need a search function on this website.

Here is the HS story

http://www.hornsports.com/articles/featured1395317068/texas-am-and-the-12th-man-the-story-of-th-r3866

Here is Ben Zimmer's piece connected to what he wrote for the Wall St Journal

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/the-twelfth-man-a-football-phrase-with-disputed-roots/

Attached is the Wall Street Journal article in pdf

WSJ article.pdf

Go get'um DUKE

Lol. No site other than HS would allow someone to write articles like I have. I know it is a pain for the boss to upload all the documents that support the stories and to link the articles to the attachments, but in my mind, it is the only way to offer supporting evidence for an article debunking a fairy tale. I post on other sites (shag, BON) but almost everyone knows if they want to find me or read any articles I have done they need to come over here.

Thanks Randolf, I will enjoy reading these.

Great read!  This is a grand example of how  legends, myths, religions, and quaint traditions like the Aggies' 12th man get their start.  I hope Mr. Sonntag fights this.  He should at least seek punitive damages for mental anguish suffered.  I would love to see the ensuing meltdown in Collieville.  Not sure it would matter, though ... I am sure that the Aggies would surely attempt to circumvent the loss of their trademark seeking religious iconization of the 12th man story.

Here is the HS story

http://www.hornsports.com/articles/featured1395317068/texas-am-and-the-12th-man-the-story-of-th-r3866

Here is Ben Zimmer's piece connected to what he wrote for the Wall St Journal

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/the-twelfth-man-a-football-phrase-with-disputed-roots/

Attached is the Wall Street Journal article in pdf

Thanks, RD!

I need a link to your "His Name is Bevo, Long May He Reign" article, too, please.