Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Tee Box

I'm unsure which boxes to tee off from.  Been playing from reds 90% of time and usually shoot in the 80s.

Lately, I've been teeing off from whites (over 6000) yards and shooting mid to high 90s.

I would love to break 80, but playing from whites challenges me to use all my clubs, instead of a wedge into the green.

I'm unsure which boxes to tee off from.  Been playing from reds 90% of time and usually shoot in the 80s.

Lately, I've been teeing off from whites (over 6000) yards and shooting mid to high 90s.

I would love to break 80, but playing from whites challenges me to use all my clubs, instead of a wedge into the green.

If you're playing with women of lesser skill, play from the reds.

If you're playing a friendly match with the boys and no wager is involved, play from the whites.

Game starts and ends at the hole.....

Game actually gets harder the closer you get to the hole..........think about that one....

Game is 90 % mental.....the rest is mental.....

Have fun

You have no idea how much water hazards toy with my head.  They own me in some odd way.  My heart palpitates before every water hazard shot.  

I was told this, when selecting tee boxes:

All courses are designed to be played from the tips.  That being said, a good rule of thumb is to play the tee boxes that allow you to comfortably reach a par 4 in regulation.  95% of all par 4's are designed to be played with a driver and an iron.  If you are constantly faced with having to play a fairway wood on your second shot, you should probably move up one box.

Or get a lesson. :)

I was told this, when selecting tee boxes:

All courses are designed to be played from the tips.  That being said, a good rule of thumb is to play the tee boxes that allow you to comfortably reach a par 4 in regulation.  95% of all par 4's are designed to be played with a driver and an iron.  If you are constantly faced with having to play a fairway wood on your second shot, you should probably move up one box.

My 2nd shots to green on par 4 are usually under 140 yards (7 - PW) from red tees.

My 2nd shots to green from whites are usually around 150 - 180, which requires my (3 - 6 irons).  

You have no idea how much water hazards toy with my head.  They own me in some odd way.  My heart palpitates before every water hazard shot.  

LOL!  This is called being ball bound.  And it comes from lack of confidence.  There is an imbedded little sub-conscience golf demon in all of us.  And this little SOB enjoys bellowing like a calliope right at the top of your backswing, and his scream never changes - "KILL IT!"

My 2nd shots to green on par 4 are usually under 140 yards (7 - PW) from red tees.

My 2nd shots to green from whites are usually around 150 - 180, which requires my (3 - 6 irons).  

Then you are a good driver.  I am like you, I like to play all the clubs in my bag.  I am a member of Meadowbrook Golf Club, here in Katy, and we always play the tips.  Even though my drives average around 225 - 230.

I just think the course lays out prettier from the tips.  But my problem is I am as stiff as re-bar and I know we will eventually have to move up to the blues.

Then you are a good driver.  I am like you, I like to play all the clubs in my bag.  I am a member of Meadowbrook Golf Club, here in Katy, and we always play the tips.  Even though my drives average around 225 - 230.

I just think the course lays out prettier from the tips.  But my problem is I am as stiff as re-bar and I know we will eventually have to move up to the blues.

So.....I should stay with reds or play from whites?

So.....I should stay with reds or play from whites?

Oh, I would definetly stay with the whites.  The problem, of course, are the par threes with water.  But it sounds like you have the game to overcome your lack of confidence.  Just keep chugging and you will conquer the 3's.

Like all of us, you sometimes have to trick yourself.  Pro told me once, when talking about a par 3 water hole, to try to hit the tree behind the green.  This, in effect, overcomes the kill impulse and your swing becomes more rythmetic - and you hit the ball further.  Theoretically. :)

I guess women and child would like to be treated equally when putting against grown men. 😛

But I would like a tee box 2 ft from hole.

Pfft!  Men would like to be treated equal to women, when putting.  Women have always been better putters - they just have better touch. (LOL. I'm waiting for the first neanderthal to run with this).

the lowest I ever got my registered handicap was a legit 2.2 The only difference on many courses will be in the Par 3's...You will find that most courses are set up around the blue tees, the reallly good ones around the black tees

When you play the whites, You probably cant reach the trouble from the tees but you will have longer approach shots in

Here is my suggestion: play all the par 3's from the forward (Red) tees, play everything else from the Middle tees(whites) if the greenkeeper is lazy and setts the blues/whites together then play the tees to where you cant reach the fairway bunkers or hazards

Your golf scores will go down AFTER you learn to get good with your wedges and the flat stick...the one thing nice about many Texas golf courses is that you can still play the pitch and run and chip around the greens with anything from a 7iron on down  to a PW...Too many of the newer resort courses have such high  rough around the greens that the only shot you have left to play is a SW flop

If you can learn to scramble around the greens and make that 3-5 footer to save par your scores will drop considerably