Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crossfire (6-27)

An interesting claim .. . .Per ESPN Stanford's athletic spending was $90 million in 2013 while TEXAS was $146 million

To be 2 and a half times. . . . . .We would have to increase our spending to $220 million .. . .

Of course anyone with even a  business course to their credit realizes that spending is one variable of the bottom line. . . revenues the other. . .even with our larger spending number. . .I'll wager we significantly lead Stanford in Net Income 

In a similar fashion, we supposedly spent more than 40% above tOSU. . . reality shows it at about a 21% difference . . ..math clearly isn't a strong suit. . . 

https://b2.caspio.com/dp.asp

These are the type of overly emotional hyperbole used to paint a false or misleading picture. . . .if we care at all about the "merits" of a discussion .. . . that is if intellectual honesty is an issue. . . .

Like any large organization. . .we have fat .. . .and the bigger the organization is. . .the bigger the amount of fat becomes even if the % of fat remains unchanged. . . . .can we be more efficient. . .certainly. .. . are we in as dire shape as the hysteria being offered. . . not even close. . . .

Linkey no workey.

But, doc, what would your wife say?   ;)

Hook 'em!

She will look at me with a tired and jaundiced eye and say "You do realize that you have embarrassed yourself, once again and on the internet for all the world to see, don't you?".  Never marry a nurse and, more importantly, never marry  one with German heritage - you don't know what bossy is until you have.  :)

All kidding aside, I love her more than my golf clubs.

She will look at me with a tired and jaundiced eye and say "You do realize that you have embarrassed yourself, once again and on the internet for all the world to see, don't you?".  Never marry a nurse and, more importantly, never marry  one with German heritage - you don't know what bossy is until you have.  :)

Doc!  I guess the best we can say about you is that you have your priorities on straight!  ;)

I can see it now and appreciate it.  My son-in-law must have known something before he married my daughter.  They are both MD's.  I doubt he ever feels your pain.  :lol:

Hook em!

LOL.  The shame is for the back sliding - not for being a Methodist.

You probably should not be too awful concerned about either ...  just being human is hard enough as it is, at times!  ;)

#2 is absolutely false unless said government employees have a written contract,. if they do not, they are at will employees and can be fired summarily for no reason at all.

Jim,

Is this what you are referring to:

2)  Let me address what Patterson has to deal with.  The employees at Texas are government employees and some of them have received sterling job evaluations for ten to twenty years.  Do any of the members comprehend how difficult it is to fire a government employee with that kind of track record?  Do your members understand the legalities involved?

1)  Wouldn't employees that fall into a protected class fall under federal guidelines?  Does that not throw 'at will' out the door?

2)  Because the AD is a separate entity, would it fall under the Constitutional protection for state entities?  My guess, totally unsupported, is a resounding, "No!".

Perhaps these are of no concern; however, we have a great deal to lose, if they are.  I would like your opinion.  You sound as if you know what you are talking about.  I certainly do not.

Hook 'em!