Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

J'Covan Brown will enter the NBA Draft

bbdude

• Administrators

According to NBA sources junior guard J'Covan Brown will declare for the NBA draft. Can't say I really blame Brown for wanting his payday. Kid led the Big XII in scoring and really carried our team on his back. I fully expect Myck Kabongo to declare as well (which in my opinion is the wrong decision). Texas has several incoming commits that are more than capable of performing but they are still young. Javan Felix, Connor Lammert, Prince Ibeh and Ioannis Papapetrou are the guys but McClellan, Bond, Gibbs, Lewis, Holmes etc.. must play like champs next season.

My concern that I have about the UT mens program is that Barnes is recruiting some big-time talent, but a lot of them have more holes in their game and it doesn't seem like Barnes and his staff are filling those holes fast enough to get a team to gel, then the kids leave and its like starting all over again. To me, Durant and Augustine were 2 unbelievable talents who didn't have hardly any holes in their game and that team was fun to watch play. Now, with the likes of Corey Joseph, Kabongo, etc its painful to watch at times.

JCB stayed 3 years and played off the bench for his first two years. Myck Kabongo played one year and needs 2 or 3 more to develop into the player NBA teams want him to be. If you recall he committed to Texas and then waffled and thought about going to Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Syracuse and then quickly affirmed his commitment to Texas yet again. Let him leave so we can get on with our team. Guy pisses me off and he played like crap this year to boot. The NBA draft as a reward for playing so terrible? Not.

• Administrators

OK so now it appears as if the J'Covan Brown draft exodus is not finalized. Here is Brown's official statement taken from KVUE J'Covan Brown says he's undecided about the NBA | kvue.com Austin:

“I’d like to let our fans know that I have not made any decision on my basketball future. The main thing I’ve been focused on after the season ended has been getting caught up with my academics. Just so everyone knows what I’m doing, I’m heading home for the weekend to spend some time with my family and talk with them. Then I’ll talk with our coaching staff here at Texas when I get back. I also plan to get some info from the NBA on where I might be picked, if I decide to enter the draft. When my decision is made, I’ll let everyone know.”

We expect Monday to roll around and THEN he says he is going to the NBA. :)