Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you like Texas being disrespected...

Sean Adams

... then you should be as happy as clams. I won't lie I buy every single solitary CFB preview magazine and it always carries me from this time of year to the fall. 

Two things in early reading...

1)  Texas, TCU and Baylor are underrated and Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are overrated.

2) If David Ash is healthy (and we have no reason to think he won't be) he'll be in the Top 12 QB's in America. Phil Steele does not have him in the Top 30.

Sean,

I'd love to see how you break down the Longhorns this season and your Big XII preview/preseason conference projections.

How do you feel Charlie Strong and the new staff will adapt to Big XII play? Are you at all concerned about the coaching staff from what you've seen so far?

Guys, I'm very bullish on this years Texas team.  Defense will carry us.  

My question is: Are the days of good defensive teams with poor offense vying for championships over?

For instance, the 2002 Craig Krenzel led Ohio State team: Mediocre QB with a great defense won the MNC.  

Guys, I'm very bullish on this years Texas team.  Defense will carry us.  

My question is: Are the days of good defensive teams with poor offense vying for championships over?

For instance, the 2002 Craig Krenzel led Ohio State team: Mediocre QB with a great defense won the MNC.  

It'll be tough to win the Big12 with a poor offense.  There's just too much firepower.  IMO, we've gotta score at least 24-30 points per game to stay competitive.

greetings sean, just what form of role do you foresee vince young playing... upon this huge mess that has become the university of texas football program?

One year of eligibility?

On a serious note, I don't get the "huge mess" assessment. The cupboard is not bare, and much better than what Strong inherited at Louisville. For some perspective, check out the 2-deep from a poster on 247. Player ratings are shown in parentheses. 

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Contents/Is-there-any-excuse-29312097

TCU needs to find their offense and there are some uncertainties there...  New coordinators, new QB.  

I agree with you but their offense could not get any worse and they have good running backs and an ok offensive line. The offensive line will be made tougher in practice and their defense will be very good. The QB could end up being the Matt Joeckel kid coming in from ATM. He is coming into a new offense that he already knows.

greetings sean, just what form of role do you foresee vince young playing... upon this huge mess that has become the university of texas football program?

I see VY working in an ambassador role with Texas. Relationship building. There's no way I'd have him on campus and not have him help with recruiting. One thing that I know he will work on is helping socialize the current players, especially new ones, to college life, college football and all of the trappings that go with it. If he can do that and people can draw from his commitment to greatness shown while he was at Texas and he will be worth his weight in gold.

It'll be tough to win the Big12 with a poor offense.  There's just too much firepower.  IMO, we've gotta score at least 24-30 points per game to stay competitive.

We scored 29.3 last year with Case at QB. . . . 

Healthy Ash, we get there easy. . . 

Heard?   Most likely as good or better than Case . .. .

I love the disrespect. . .makes it easy for a coach like Strong. . .us against the world. . . .

But as far as OU goes, expect for last year, they have been a Top 5 team early the past 4 years and only once "held serve". . . finishing #15, #16, #7 (year they "held serve) and Unranked. .. . 

They are pretty much overrated every year. . . 

Is Joekel eligible this year or does he have to sit out?

It's my understanding that Matt Joeckel is eligible this fall for TCU because he's already graduated from the ag adjunct.  I expect to see Boykin moved to WR and TCU focus more on a Tech type passing game.  They've recruited two good, tall TX quarterbacks in the same mold as Joeckel.

Cheese you say we averaged 29.3 points last year. Does that include the special team scores or turnovers taken in for a score? Or is that just what our offense put up?

Whole team. . . .

We had an INT return for a TD, a punt returned for a TD (both vs OU) , a fumble return for a TD vs Kansas. . .

That was the extent of the D/ST scoring in 2013. . . . takes the offense down to 27.7 per game in scoring. . .