Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am very, VERY concerned

Link doesn't work, RD.

I'm still waiting for Aaron to post your aggie stories to the server.  C'mon, Aaron!   :(

I have no idea why that stuff isn't up by now. I get a number of requests for the aggy piece, as well as for the Bevo piece and the piece that shows how UT actually was established before aggy and how aggy is legally still a branch of UT. I'm waiting to hear back from my contact in the Legislature on how to proceed with the constitutional amendment to legally (and finally) separate aggy from UT.

I'm working on some pieces for this season. I have the one on the OU/UT rivalry that will be ready, I am going to update the 21st Man to tell about the WSJ story, the death threats and the ags stalking the family of the guy in Houston because they think he wrote the articles. I may do one on the North Texas program before the first game, just to get things rolling. I had one on Freddie Steinmark, but the movie is covering that story much better than I could. 

If anyone has any aspects of the program they feel would make for a good Randolph Duke story, let me know. As for now, the big push will be the OU weekend story and the push to get the constitutional amendment proposed and debated on the floor of the Legislature. 

As I am sure you did, Randolf, I saved the file and tried to upload it into my previous post.  The web site software will not accept it because it is a 400 plus page PDF - too big for the software.  It will probably take special dispensation from the software programming gods.

rhttps://etda.libraries.psu.edu/paper/6565/1813

Aha!  There it is!  The web link above will take you to a PDF download on some PSU web site that is infested with scammers, scaliwags, and nere-do-wells,.  It downloads and opens on my desktop.  Since it is so large, it may cause problems on phones ... now, I need a nap!  ;)

And, yes!  I did just "Like!" my own post!  ;)

You know, Randolf, I just realized that I went to a heck of a lot of effort trying to get that PDF to post, only to only come back full circle to where you originally were ... I guess mine works all better than your's though, because I painted mine all purdy and Burnt Orange and all!  ;)

If you have any evidence the eggs are paying players, let's see it. There is not one shred of evidence they are doing that. It has become the excuse of choice for those who want to believe the problems at UT aren't real, aren't systemic and aren't substantial.

As for Texas getting paid $15 mil for our T3 rights, we aren't getting $15 mil for our T3 rights, so please, don't lecture me about making absolute statements and being absolutely wrong. We don't have "our own sports station." We entered into a licensing agreement with ESPN where they get to use the university's IP and the athletics program helps provide content for ESPN's channel that is called "LHN"." Go read the contract and come back when you have a clue what you are talking about. I feel like I am arguing with Nick Voinis - someone who doesn't understand a damned thing about the media rights of UT, and thinks everything within Bellmont is being run exceptionally well. 

By now you should realize that I enjoy taking the air out of blow hards . . .and I can do it all day .. . .

Cigarette companies also claim there isn't a shred of proof they cause cancer .. . .but using your own logic. . .(which is ignoring anything that doesn't fit your agenda). . . you cannot offer a shred of proof to discredit anything I said. . nor can you offer a shred of proof to support any of your claims. . . . .

The comment it is not about TV markets is so unbelievable stupid, it makes anything else you say questionable. . 

But I will point out, I did not say we "owned" a TV station. . .my quote was this:

otherwise we wouldn't be getting $15 million a year for our Tier 3 games. . . we would not be the ONLY school in the nation with it's own national sports station.

LHN is in fact a national station dedicated to TEXAS. . . . . .your argument is a distinction without a difference though clearly you are not honest enough to admit you are wrong. . . . .hey it's the internet. . . .so whether you are real or contrived. . .you are very similar to Kirk Bohls. . .often wrong.  ..never in doubt. . .

Not even Notre Dame has it's own national channel dedicated solely to them. . . . .

Nor did I say Belmont was run exceptionally well .. . another of your sad strawmen. . . .do everyone a favor. . . .try some intellectual honesty. . . .it's OK to admit you are wrong. . . .or keep playing your word games while I and others take the wind out of your sails. . . . 

:P

PS, The University does in fact have an ownership interest in LHN. . . . ..wow. . . .you might want to stick to the history of university cultures. . .not sure you know jack about this subject.

By now you should realize that I enjoy taking the air out of blow hards . . .and I can do it all day .. . .

Cigarette companies also claim there isn't a shred of proof they cause cancer .. . .but using your own logic. . .(which is ignoring anything that doesn't fit your agenda). . . you cannot offer a shred of proof to discredit anything I said. . nor can you offer a shred of proof to support any of your claims. . . . .

The comment it is not about TV markets is so unbelievable stupid, it makes anything else you say questionable. . 

But I will point out, I did not say we "owned" a TV station. . .my quote was this:

otherwise we wouldn't be getting $15 million a year for our Tier 3 games. . . we would not be the ONLY school in the nation with it's own national sports station.

LHN is in fact a national station dedicated to TEXAS. . . . . .your argument is a distinction without a difference though clearly you are not honest enough to admit you are wrong. . . . .hey it's the internet. . . .so whether you are real or contrived. . .you are very similar to Kirk Bohls. . .often wrong.  ..never in doubt. . .

Not even Notre Dame has it's own national channel dedicated solely to them. . . . .

Nor did I say Belmont was run exceptionally well .. . another of your sad strawmen. . . .do everyone a favor. . . .try some intellectual honesty. . . .it's OK to admit you are wrong. . . .or keep playing your word games while I and others take the wind out of your sails. . . . 

:P

PS, The University does in fact have an ownership interest in LHN. . . . ..wow. . . .you might want to stick to the history of university cultures. . .not sure you know jack about this subject.

Wow. 

If you want to talk about universities with their own broadcast channel. BYU would be alphabetically first. As far as your position that we should somehow accept tamu is cheating because there is no evidence to establish they aren't, I can only hope you didn't somehow get a degree from the University of Texas with reasoning skills so impared. The absence of evidence that tamu is cheating proves the absence of evidence that tamu is cheating. You represent you have a reasonable basis upon which to make the claim that tamu is paying players in violation of NCAA regulations. The reality is that you have no basis upon which to make that statement. The technical term for that is "talking out of your ass." The claim that tamu is cheating, and therefore nothing that is negatively affecting Texas is the fault of Texas or the responsibility of Texas to remediate is called a "bullsh!t excuse." 

And, for the record, the University of Texas does not have an equity ownership interest in LHN. LHN is a property owned in its entirety by Disney. Texas licensed its trademarks to a Disney owned company (ESPN) for a period of twenty years, subject to a payment that began with an initial scheduled payment of $10.98 mil (less a 14% share to IMG to compensate them for the fact they held Texas' T3 rights at the time the LHN agreement was signed) and increases each year for an amount of not less than $300 mil over 20 years, which is an average minimum gross payment of $15 mil/ year. Texas does not receive $15 million a year for its T3 rights. 

Finally, the television market is not the most important element of the University of Texas athletics department because UT athletics are an entertainment product that is both monetized and distributed in many ways. The marketplace for the UT athletics entertainment product is far more than the national or local television market. The television rights agreements in place are for set amounts over a set period of time. The ability to grow television revenues above the amounts that are contracted is severely restricted. Who (other than you, presumably) would seek to grow revenues that are contracted through the conference GOR for an extended period or that are contractually set through the LHN agreement? The revenue growth will come from licensing and royalties. Patterson wants the Mexico City game to grow licensing and royalties. The Austin marketplace for sports entertainment is not limited to television. Any growth in television markets would accrue to the financial advantage of the entities that hold UT's television rights, not UT (unless revenue to LHN exceeds the benchmark amount). And, so you know, LHN is not a sports only network. It is not a "national sports station."

Learn what you are talking about. It will help your "argument."

P.S. Since you don't seem to have much familiarity with the LHN agreement. Feel free to read it. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byz6Uzwv3AiuM2I3NjAzNGItOGFiMS00ZWZlLTkxYTAtZTMzMjhiMDJmYzY0/edit?hl=en_US

I just love how the easy answer as to why aggy is recruiting so well is that they're cheating yet not one person can produce a shred of evidence. 

True dat, but you've gotta admit that it's not out of the realm of possibility given A&M's history.

It is undeniable that there is a "shred of evidence" that Sumlin and the aggie administration doesn't take their players' academic progress very seriously; ie Little Johnny's online course load.  I'd say aggie is playing up their SEC hype & exposure, casual approach to schoolwork, and recent NFL Draft success to appeal to less studious players.    

That's the way I see it anyway through my burnt orange glasses.  It gets back to what type of player do you want in our program?  Yes, aggies' verbal commitments have the pretty stars, look good on paper, and project well on the field.  But, so did Miles, Golden, Claiborne, and Stansbury.

CFS and staff have been busting their asses in an effort to meet influential THSFB coaches.  February is still months away.  We've got time to make up ground.  

I just love how the easy answer as to why aggy is recruiting so well is that they're cheating yet not one person can produce a shred of evidence. 

Well, if their history is any indication, they are certainly not above it.  And, if it walks like a duck.....  ;)

That being said, I think they are just riding the crest of Manziel, the SEC and recruiting momentum.

Well, if their history is any indication, they are certainly not above it.  And, if it walks like a duck.....  ;)

That being said, I think they are just riding the crest of Manziel, the SEC and recruiting momentum.

I agree they very well may be cheating and if they're lets produce the evidence. 

True dat, but you've gotta admit that it's not out of the realm of possibility given A&M's history.

It is undeniable that there is a "shred of evidence" that Sumlin and the aggie administration doesn't take their players' academic progress very seriously; ie Little Johnny's online course load.  I'd say aggie is playing up their SEC hype & exposure, casual approach to schoolwork, and recent NFL Draft success to appeal to less studious players.    

That's the way I see it anyway through my burnt orange glasses.  It gets back to what type of player do you want in our program?  Yes, aggies' verbal commitments have the pretty stars, look good on paper, and project well on the field.  But, so did Miles, Golden, Claiborne, and Stansbury.

CFS and staff have been busting their asses in an effort to meet influential THSFB coaches.  February is still months away.  We've got time to make up ground.  

I agree it is a long time to signing day and a lot can change but as everyday goes by I see very little momentum. Hopefully we will see some after we win some games. 

Folks, my thread was not meant to be some kind of scare tactic.  It's just that I see the writing on the wall.  By themselves, aggy is no threat - they never have been and they never would be.  By themselves.

But their masters are a different story and the poor aggy wretches have opened the floodgates.  Slive and his brethern have gained more than a Texas toehold with aggys duplicious and cowardly actions.  Aggy has sold the state of Texas out - in their neurotic hatred of UT. 

And Slive will use these puppets to insinuate his conference into the state.  Aggy is begging their masters to make them relevent and they will do anything to help - even selling out their socalled "traditions" and "Honor Codes".

The other southern states have been conquered and it is Slives intent to conquer Texas.  And the only way to do that is to diminish our beloved university by jacking up the aggys relevance through recruiting and scheduling ploys.

All of the state schools are at risk because of these backstabbers - UT, TCU, SMU, UH, TTU, Baylor, UTSA, UTA, UTEP - even aggy affiliates.  Because of aggy, they are all in peril and aggy doesn't give a crap because of their paranoia and their hatred of all things UT.

So, I hope our conference fathers and UT are intelligent enough to see through this and have the proper retaliations.  And, IMO, the proper retaliation is to crush aggy in every recruiting way possible - once and for all. 

The war is on.

(For the poster who insinuated I was an aggy lover - what do you think now? :) )

Wow. 

If you want to talk about universities with their own broadcast channel. BYU would be alphabetically first. As far as your position that we should somehow accept tamu is cheating because there is no evidence to establish they aren't, I can only hope you didn't somehow get a degree from the University of Texas with reasoning skills so impared. 

LOL. . .

I think I am in a rather one sided debate with someone in dire need of midol. . .  .. .but then when you are being ABUSED with the facts. . .i guess there is no place left to turn but hysteria .. . let's go line by line.

The idea you would question anyone's reasoning skills when your argument is largely an emotionally charged rant is hilarious. . . 

Last time I checked, BYU does not have it's own channel on ESPN or Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS or any other network. . .they have built their own cable channel (which broadcasts far more than BYU sports) and have had for years. . . .they have their own TV contract for football but that is not the same and actually not really different than ND or Army or Navy or AF.

So we see you once again have FAILED to address this with facts

Let's count the many more fails:

You have offered no "proof" that aggie is 'out marketing" us .. . so you FAILED .. .btw you set the standard for "proof" not me....aggie is enjoying their move to the SEC and Sumlin waking up to find a Heisman QB. . .one he CHOSE NOT TO RECRUIT. . .thus not marketing.. . blind dumb luck 

You claimed that Austin was the largest city without a pro sports team. . . .but since anyone with any intelligence at all knows cities are really a measure of metropolitan areas not city limits.. . .. .you have not only FAILED. . . .but also demonstrated you actually don't have a clue what you are talking about

You tried to paint Belmont as complete failures who are being "outworked' by the aggies. . . .of course that ignores the simple fact that not only are we #1 in revenues (gross and net) but that our lead is actually expanding. . . .again .. .another emotionally charged, hyperbolic FAIL

YOu then made this claim:  "People think "We're Texas" and since the world revolves around us, we don't even have to try. " . . .. sorry. . .no one said that, certainly not me. . . .

.this is a logical fallacy known as a STRAWMAN. . .

.making a false claim/claim no one else has made so you can tear it down. . ..this is an example of a lack of critical thinking. . .it is yet anotehr of your  FAILS

Let us quote you again:  "As for your "simple solution" it doesn't matter. The morons in Bellmont have no interest in changing anything, because they don't have to deliver any value" .. . . 

You have offered no proof Belmont has no interest in change. . .in fact just the opposite. . .we will open the Basketball season expanding our market internationally with a game vs UDub. . . now I realize you have likely not traveled beyond the borders of your trailer park but TEXAS makes a fortune marketing jerseys etc. . . so again . .. you are showing us another emotionally charged but factually inaccurate FAIL

Another quote:   You seem oblivious to the fact our brand is deteriorating .. . ..an interesting claim .. .one unsupported by such factual evidence as apparel sales etc. . . . and you yourself claimed we are expanding the south end zone to accommodate teh ticket holders who are pushing demand for more seats. . . .so which one of your claims are you going to stand by?     Growth or deterioration .. . you have claimed both are occurring. . . . .another Kirk Bohls like FAIL .. . . .

And for our final example of your emotional over reactions. . . we offer up yet another strawman argument .. .your quote:  "But hey, you have all the answers and in your mind Bellmont is doing a wonderful job. They are just getting schooled in marketing by a second tier program in a craphole of a location. Lol. "

So 1st you build a strawman then you offer up a statement that you cannot prove with anything but you screaching your opinion louder and longer than anyone else. . . ..as if saying it louder somehow made it any less inaccurate. . . .

Logical fallacies like strawmen are automatic FAILS and since you cannot support your 2nd comment,   we end with a DOUBLE FAIL

But all is not lost. . .. . .you did offer one statement I think most agree with:

You seem to think as if I am some sort of fu@king moron. 

Well, you said it not me. . .. . . .

Have you thought about politics?????

PS,

the youtube is not political but an example of people who talk out of both sides of their mouths, rely on emotion not reality and will spin the second someone points out they were . . . .as usual . . .wrong. . . 

Both parties guilty. . . .but face it .. ..

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE. . .. and the hysteria with which it was said. . . .certainly applies to our own Kirk Bohls starter kit. . . 

According to some insiders on OB when I was a member, they are.  I lived through Barry Switzer defeating DKR five years in row and they were cheating. Also, Jackie Sherrill and SMU with the Pony Express were great recruiters as long as they were paying. I figure with the NCAA so weak, it's a good time to pay.

As of 2007 the basketball program didn't care the  Antoine Wright going to class except for flora design

http://www.40acressports.com/2007/03/14/antoine-wright-exposes-cheating-at-texas-am/

LOL. . .

I think I am in a rather one sided debate with someone in dire need of midol. . .  .. .but then when you are being ABUSED with the facts. . .i guess there is no place left to turn but hysteria .. . let's go line by line.

The idea you would question anyone's reasoning skills when your argument is largely an emotionally charged rant is hilarious. . . 

Last time I checked, BYU does not have it's own channel on ESPN or Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS or any other network. . .they have built their own cable channel (which broadcasts far more than BYU sports) and have had for years. . . .they have their own TV contract for football but that is not the same and actually not really different than ND or Army or Navy or AF.

So we see you once again have FAILED to address this with facts

I'm going to quit wasting my time with you after I point out Texas does not "have it's own channel on ESPN or Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS or any other network. . ." 

ESPN or Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS or any other network does not carry channels. ESPN or Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS or any other network are networks. Networks do not "have channels."

Get a clue about what you claim to be an expert on. Or, just get a clue. 

Someone said, "I think I am in a rather one sided debate with someone in dire need of midol"  I am sorry, I think that all of us are listening to a debate amongst folks who all are much in need of Mordor!

." 

ESPN or Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS or any other network does not carry channels. ESPN or Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS or any other network are networks. Networks do not "have channels."

Get a clue about what you claim to be an expert on. Or, just get a clue. 

ESPN

ESPN U

ESPN 2

ESPN 3

ESPN Deportes

ESPN Classic

LHN

Fox

Fox News

FX

Fox regional sports (dozen or more)

FS1

FS2

So those aren't channels????   Guess they are all networks too .. . . . 

Like Austin is the biggest metropolitan area in the nation without a pro team .. .well except for the 9 other areas which are larger .. . 

PS, I never claimed to be an expert. . . .I simply enjoy pointing out you don't know what you are talking about. . . .

ESPN

ESPN U

ESPN 2

ESPN 3

ESPN Deportes

ESPN Classic

LHN

Fox

Fox News

FX

Fox regional sports (dozen or more)

FS1

FS2

So those aren't channels???? Guess they are all networks too .. . . .

Like Austin is the biggest metropolitan area in the nation without a pro team .. .well except for the 9 other areas which are larger .. .

PS, I never claimed to be an expert. . . .I simply enjoy pointing out you don't know what you are talking about. . . .

Your comment was about Texas having its own channel on ESPN, etc. ESPN is a broadcast company. ESPN's flagship channel is an individual channel, as are Fox, FS1, ESPNU, LHN, etc. How does one have a channel on a channel? It doesn't work that way. Channels are transmitted on aggregators such as Dish, Time Warner, etc. LHN is not distributed on ESPN. ESPN owns LHN. ESPN is a company that owns a number of broadcast properties. ESPN contracts with aggregators to distribute its content. The University of Texas absolutely doesn't have a channel on ESPN, Fox or any other network of broadcasters. ESPN has a number of channels, including LHN on Fios, Dish, Grande and a number of other aggregators.

As for the population of the Austin, Austin is the 11th largest city in the nation as per the 2013 census estimate. What city in the U.S. without a pro sports franchise was larger? None. End of story. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

Hmmmm.  This thread has certainly degenerated into into a p*****g contest.

Gentlemen, gentlemen - desist before you burst a blood vein.  Both of you are good men and I am sure one of you is wrong or right - somehow.  But is it really that important?

How do ya'll feel about the Longhorns?  :)