Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Google Chromecast

Does anyone have one? If so, is it worth purchasing?

My dilemma is not having cable in my room. I do stream live tv, mostly ESPN, on laptop. I have a Samsung smart tv in my room, however, it does not have a WatchEspn app. :(

Tomorrow at 9am the Supreme Court is releasing some of its last opinions of the term. One of the expected opinions is the Aereo decision. If you aren't aware of what Aereo is, Google it. Google Chrome is integrated into the Aereo technology. If Aereo is allowed by the court, the channels that are available via Aereo and Google chrome are going to expand greatly. CBS is even threatening to pull its broadcasts from open air which would pull it off standard cable/Dish/etc. If that happens, they will make it subscription only. Read scotusblog.com tomorrow morning to see if the decision is out and if it is allowed, look into getting Aereo. Its cheap, it comes with a cloud DVR with 60 hours capacity and it will change the way we watch TV. If the court doesn't allow it, internet based cable is going to get stunted until the legal issues involved in the court decision are worked through.