Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MODS - Where are these guys at?

Lord Vader

This question has been posted around and not answered. Curious myself whats going on?

Poona Ford, Eligha Rodriguez, Jermaine Roberts, and Kevin Shorter. They are not on the UT summer student list (or whatever you call it). 

I know Foreman is a grade issue. Where are these guys at?

This question has been posted around and not answered. Curious myself whats going on?

Poona Ford, Eligha Rodriguez, Jermaine Roberts, and Kevin Shorter. They are not on the UT summer student list (or whatever you call it). 

I know Foreman is a grade issue. Where are these guys at?

I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to take classes the first summer session. Just the second one. Poona tweeted a while back that he was heading to Austin, so I'm pretty sure he's already working out with the team. Just isn't in classes yet. Also, Jermaine Roberts tweeted pictures a week ago of him and his friend in Austin for a recruiting trip (can't remember the name but it was a Louisiana RB). 

I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to take classes the first summer session. Just the second one. Poona tweeted a while back that he was heading to Austin, so I'm pretty sure he's already working out with the team. Just isn't in classes yet. Also, Jermaine Roberts tweeted pictures a week ago of him and his friend in Austin for a recruiting trip (can't remember the name but it was a Louisiana RB). 

Hope thats all it is. 

Would taking both sessions ease things as it pertains to the academic load the first fall semester or not really?

Hope thats all it is. 

Would taking both sessions ease things as it pertains to the academic load the first fall semester or not really?

I'm pretty sure both are in Austin based on Twitter. 

Not really. I would prefer to have the first semester off too if I was an athlete, to get acclimated. They will most likely take summer classes in their So. and Junior years anyways since they will be on campus for summer workouts. 6 hours in say 5 summer sessions is 30 hours. 12 hours in 8 semesters (fall and spring) is 96 hours. Academic load won't be a problem. From my experience though summer classes were much easier in comparison with the fall/spring classes. At least that the case with Spanish. I'll never forget my experience in Spanish my freshman year. Walked in and the teacher spoke in Spanish throughout the entire first class. Had no clue what was going on. Needless to say I dropped that class the first day. 

I'm pretty sure you can't participate in team activities unless you're enrolled.

I'm pretty sure you can't participate in team activities unless you're enrolled.

Wouldn't they be "enrolled" for the second summer period? I know for example on financial aid it doesn't specify when you take the hours, merely that you take a set number of hours in the summer. I would guess that's kind of how it works in athletics too. That's just a guess though. 

Wouldn't they be "enrolled" for the second summer period? I know for example on financial aid it doesn't specify when you take the hours, merely that you take a set number of hours in the summer. I would guess that's kind of how it works in athletics too. That's just a guess though. 

In college you can "enroll" or sign up for a session in advance but you're not "officially" enrolled until you show up for your first class. So, basically, you can't participate until you are actually in class.

D. Foreman is scheduled to enroll for the second summer session. His issue is grades and/or additional high school classes.  This situation might be the last gasp of the Brian Davis program.

Ford is also scheduled to enroll for the second summer session. His issue isn't as clear.  Maybe/probably no issue at all.